Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

chairface posted:

I don't think the Genesis game ties into this OR Shadowrun Returns. Joshua meets Harlequin at one point, who is an immortal elf and probably (?) not related to the Jester Spirit. To my knowledge Harlequin's the only character from the Genesis game we see elsewhere.

Oh, I thought I'd heard that Returns ties into the story of the Genesis game somehow as well as the SNES one. Maybe it's just Harlequin then. The SNES game definitely has no relation to the Genesis one as far as I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
I found the end of this game really underwhelming. There are a couple of boss fights of ascending difficulty, and then the final dungeon ends with... a cyberdeck sequence, one of the least interesting parts of the game. Woo.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Nidoking posted:

I found the end of this game really underwhelming. There are a couple of boss fights of ascending difficulty, and then the final dungeon ends with... a cyberdeck sequence, one of the least interesting parts of the game. Woo.

Eh, I liked it. Drake and the volcano are more than epic enough to be a fitting climax, Aneki isn't much more than a victory lap. Anything more would have been overkill really.

Andyzero
May 22, 2009

I used to spoil, I'm sorry.

rojogames posted:

I've played through Shadowrun Returns, but that was awhile ago so I don't remember how it connects to this and the Genesis game, aside from Jake showing up. Is that mentioned in game somewhere or is it an extra thing outside the game itself?

https://www.amazon.com/Shadowrun-Returns-Anthology-Jordan-Weisman/dp/B00FZDE7YM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8

There was a compilation of short stories. Jake's was basically that he got burned on a run and "they" got Kitsune. Healing up, he wasn't immune to Essence loss anymore and Dog took him down a notch and made him follow the rules with a respec.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Yeah, from what I remember Dog finally got bitchy about all those visits Jake had been making to Doc Maplethorpe and stopped letting him Essence freeload on his couch. Get a job, ya bum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Andyzero posted:

https://www.amazon.com/Shadowrun-Returns-Anthology-Jordan-Weisman/dp/B00FZDE7YM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8

There was a compilation of short stories. Jake's was basically that he got burned on a run and "they" got Kitsune. Healing up, he wasn't immune to Essence loss anymore and Dog took him down a notch and made him follow the rules with a respec.

Cool thanks. Maybe I'll check it out one of these days.

• Locked thread