Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
I should see if I can find my copy of the Shadowrun 'monster manual'. A lot of the awakened animals (or devolved humans) have some pretty unique interpretations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

rojogames posted:

That would be cool. I only ever owned the main player book so I don't know much about game master materials / addons. There are at least a couple more non-humanoid foes to encounter so it would be interesting to see if they resemble their p&p counterparts at all when we get there, if they exist.

While I didn't find my copy of Paranormal Creatures of North America, it's very easy to find the .pdfs out there. Think they're 3 editions behind so not surprised at that.

Our little octo buddy was called a Kraken, but those have 25' long bodies and 35'+ tentacles. What this seems to have been is an incubus; An awakened octopus that hunts in an urban environment close to water, using it's telepathy and illusion (upgraded intelligence and mimicry) to lure in unsuspecting [meta]humans.

What I love about the guides is that they're basically depicted as an entry in cyberspace so people are commenting on them. Some more useful than others:

DeathChicken posted:

Well from the Genesis game (which was pretty much true to the source), I remember there are hellhounds. And sasquatches

Also devil rats, which...aren't really like the fireball shooting things depicted here, but are just big evil rats. And carry Magic AIDS, so that's fun

I know Devil rats are in the NA guide, and I think sasquatches are as well. I'll see about pulling some more entries tomorrow.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

Bit behind on putting some of these up but found a better way to convert the files.

Devil Rats

Basically smarter, bigger, nastier rats. That celebrate kills by getting on their hind legs and howling... And as mentioned before, a lot of them carry the hip new plague of the cyber era.

Hell Hounds

Like most awakened animals, these dogs got a lot bigger. Their senses also got a boost, are immune to fire and can produce it as well somehow. Pretty stereotypical fare to be honest.

Mermaid

So here's the full file on these sexy beasts. Remember how it was odd that they just love the filthy sewer water? Well, they adapted to the pollution in the water and now can't live without a steady supply of mercury. Yeah. They'll literally die if they don't have a steady diet of poison water/fish. Unlike most awakened animals, these sea lions did not get an intelligence boost. Instead they can move lightning quick and have enough strength in their front limbs they kill foes by rending them apart or holding them underwater.

Man of the Woods

While I don't have info on the Jester Spirit, here's another type of strong willed spirit that can exist in Shadowrun. It's basically a nature spirit that tends to appear as a humanoid shaman. The commentary file's got some fun interpretations on city spirits.

While there isn't a file on Mr. Bigfoot in this guide, they do have the bandersnatch. It's basically a sasquatch infected with vampirism, though their symptoms differ. It's not the most interesting file and a bit NSFW thanks to hairy bigfoot dong so I'm going to skip that one.

• Locked thread