Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I have fond memories of grabbing this game from the discount bin at one of those mall stores that no longer exists. Might have been KB Toys. This game and Lawnmower Man, which was...interesting. It had some great music, if nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

And thus begins Jake's tale of canonically breaking Shadowrun rules on essence vs magic because Dog says so

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Vlad is easily my favorite character in this game. Look at how happy that bastard is. Look at him

Well, second favorite, I somehow completely forgot about the Old Town gunshop guy

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Sep 10, 2018

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Well from the Genesis game (which was pretty much true to the source), I remember there are hellhounds. And sasquatches

Also devil rats, which...aren't really like the fireball shooting things depicted here, but are just big evil rats. And carry Magic AIDS, so that's fun

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yeah, Harlequin shows up in the Genesis game too. He's basically a walking Deus Ex who pops up if the plot dictates a sarcastic immortal jackass whose stats page reads "Yes"

It actually makes how he appears in the Harebrain games kind of weird, since there he's pretty much just another guest merc. Usually he'd be a more annoying version of Elminster.

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Sep 12, 2018

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I've never done it, but I guess if you get all the way there without his real name, the Jester just never dies?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

At least Drake rolls with the fun options for his goons. Most people minmax, they wouldn't roll a Troll Decker with the intelligence penalty

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Drake is just confusing, even by this game's standards that are playing loose and fast with the rules. I mean Jester takes out half of his HP in one swoop, and Jake is secretly being jacked up on Dog steroids. That still shouldn't be enough to kill a dragon with an uzi.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yeah, he's happy if you're trying to beat up something strong and angry if you aren't. Doesn't matter what, it could be a corp, a dragon, whatever. As long as it can kick your rear end and you're after it anyway.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Kind of interestingly, Kitsune is the only runner who will survive that shooting on the Aneki rooftop. Nothing is mentioned of it, just she does not get obliterated like the others and escapes with Jake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yeah, from what I remember Dog finally got bitchy about all those visits Jake had been making to Doc Maplethorpe and stopped letting him Essence freeload on his couch. Get a job, ya bum

• Locked thread