Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hi, I'm in this game now!

So there are 40 pages and I'm not opposed to reading some of them but the prospect of reading all of them is pretty daunting.

I read over the person I'm replacing and get the idea there were some masonry shenanigans going on, but could anyone give a primer or at least a starting point on what to read that isn't just Page 1 forward?

Someone scumclaimed? Have we decided to ignore that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That doesn't really sound like a gambit that makes any sense to me, but I'll read Toal and AA to get started.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I read Toal and I agree with KB's description today. Lumpen absolutely would have been his N1 target, and the way he kept on at him makes me believe he had the scum result.

##vote Lumpen

His distrust of Gaspy also makes sense given his role, which I'm gathering Gaspy claimed a not-town (?) result on someone who then ended up flipping town? That's a weird thing for scum to do on D2 of a big game for no reason (unless they're a reason I missed), so I don't really know what to make of that.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It's possible Toal would cop AA and that's what gave him that read, by why? He apparently spent D1 focused entirely on Lumpen and then stayed on him and Gaspy (who he was soft counterclaiming) the whole day and only switched when it looks like that wasn't gaining traction? Why wouldn't he have copped his number one scum read Lumpen N1?

I can understand not wanting to totally out yourself on D2 of a big game and try to get a few more investigations first, but he never backed off his read of Lumpen, just admitted that it probably wasn't going to happen that day. He spent almost every post harping on it though.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Granted I wasn't around for the first two days, but I've skimmed a little and have been reading along today, but I'm not seeing the case against yuming. Being wrong doesn't mean you're scum and she seems perfectly reasonable today?

I also don't buy several of Lumpen's cases being based on "this person knew beet was town/Toal was a cop and therefore acted this way" when they could have just as easily acted that way if they were town.

The TM case I think is the worst of it where the supporting posts don't suggest any of the conclusions Lumpen is making. It absolutely feels like reaching.

I would probably vote gaspy based on his hedging today and what happened yesterday, but I'm feeling pretty confident about Lumpen.

I'm coming around on AA just doing a dumb gambit and not actually being scum. I don't think it really makes sense and was never going to give him the information he wanted, but I don't think it's necessarily a scum thing to do. If this ends up being the time that I don't policylynch a scumclaim and he ends up being scum though, I will be mad.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Asphyxious posted:

If I was roleblocked that all but confirms Yuming as scum. Scum knew I had a vig, knew I could investigate and knew I was massively suspicious of Yuming. The only reason to stop my action is if Yuming is scum.

There are so many assumption in this post based on literally nothing. It's a real bad and scummy post.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Dick Bastardly posted:

wasn't it your strategy to sign on as a replacement knowing the odds were really good that you'd fill in for a scum drop out because you love being scum and your wish has come true?

This is absolutely insane and cannot possibly be a real thought someone has had.

Also I agree with the DB case, and catching up from last night he's definitely been pinging me the last few pages. It feels like he's constantly moving the goalposts rather than actually having a solid opinion on anything at all.

Would vote.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

the case on me is literally just 1)lumpen's fanfic about me actually knowing toalpaz is cop and thus wanting to lynch them??, 2)tmm's meta

like come on. I guess I hit the nice spot where I post enough for someone to make a poo poo case on me.

This does appear to be the case and neither of those reasons are good. The first one I've already said the posts that Lumpen quotes don't make sense for his conclusions at all.

Also unless TMM's meta has changed significantly since I last remember playing with him, he has no history of hating scum or replacing out when scum? So that does again appear to be something Lumpen made up entirely and people are latching onto.

Lumpen scum, TM town.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'll vote to extend if I have to, I suppose, but I also don't really see the point in it. I predict nothing of value will happen in the next 24 hours. People who are already not participating will go "oh good, deadline isn't tonight" and gently caress off until Sunday night.

I'm also totally fine if Lumpen gets lynched, so giving him another 24 hours to try to wriggle out of it is not really something I'm interested in. I'd rather just get to night.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also as much as I agree that lurkers are bad, I very much don't want to switch to one today when there are plenty of cases with merit.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Asphyxious posted:

Asiina confirmed scum.

Shoot me with your definitely real gun then, scumbo.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

You are absolutely incorrect about TMM. He will generally come around and try to have fun with it, especially if he gets a good team, but not only does he hate scum, but he REALLY hates getting scum multiple times in a row and will often remark that he wants to just replace even in the games where he toughs it out. I think he's only actually done it like twice at most, but it is absolutely something he thinks about every time. If he rolled scum this time, it was his third scum game in a row.

I didn't realize this. I remember him being fine with scum before.

I still don't agree with the rest of the TM case, but fair enough.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Fine, I don't care, I'm probably out for most of the evening, but definitely the next hour until this extend deadline.

##extend

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm here, briefly, but mostly to wait for my own game to hammer so I can go to bed.

I'm not switching off Lumpen.

A last minute switch to a lurker is a loving terrible idea.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You moron dumb idiot fuckers.

##Lumpen

I'm sure glad you geniuses let a scum lead a last minute turbo against someone who was going to be put on notice or modkilled for lurking.

That was definitely a good use of the lynch after a day of multiple cases.

It will absolutely provide a whole lot of discussion.

loving morons.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##vote Lumpen

I got so mad during my rant I formatted it wrong.

Still less of an idiot than the lot of you.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
merk's Hal case is good. It's even better if Lumpen flips scum, which he will, so just let's kill Lumpen.

PS I'm so glad we voted to extend the day yesterday when people were just loving around so that there could be a last minute turbo off of Lumpen onto a lurker.

I don't even care if today ends up as a turbo, I'm not interested in watching him squirm out of another lynch for 2 more days.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I thinks it is pretty open and shut that you are both scum and a mostly apathetic or absent town is letting this ridiculous narrative continue

It's pretty lol worthy :eyepop:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

quote:

SlamburgerToday at 9:48 AM
Would you like to activate your ability tonight, or save it?

AsiinaToday at 9:48 AM
I don't think I will ever activate it
as I'd probably die

SlamburgerToday at 9:48 AM
haha ok thats fine

AsiinaToday at 9:49 AM
there might be another doctor but also RISKY
actually
you know what
YOU KNOW WHAT
gently caress IT
yeah activate it, let's get myself killed it'll own