Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Oh god this sounds so loving rad. I'm scared to be in three concurrent games of mafia, but I'm going to watch the hell out of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Okay, I changed my mind. Let me join.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
What is up my dudes, I'm glad to at this game with you fine folks.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Town make the scummiest posts !

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Y'all post too much

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Lumpen posted:

Oh sorry it is joke phase.
I took my daughter to the zoo and we saw this big reptile and she said "Hey dad, is that an alligator or a crocodile?" I told her to carefully observe whether it would see her later or after a while.

🤔 I resent you for making a joke that I actually found funny during joke phase.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Phone posting sucks rear end

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I gotta rewatch this movie this weekend so I can be prepared for everyone's bad and obtuse breadcrumbs.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
It's a very fun movie, it's honestly worth watching if you can!

Ruby is the greatest character possibly???

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Joke phase ends when someone wins the radio contest

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Someone already posted the first Ruby Rhod scene in this thread, right?

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
You fools

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Hello I'm just starting the first scene with the president!!!

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Dick Bastardly posted:

well strap yourself in, its gettin WILD

I've seen this before, but I'm showing my roommate it. She's never seen it before!!!! aaHHH!!!! We are to get the Leeloo reveal!!! I'm personally very excited!!

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

imgay posted:

I mixed up Total Recall and this in my headspace and was gonna claim that I was that one 3 boobed alien but then I realised that this was the wrong motion picture and felt immense shame. Shame I refused to internalize which is why I am sharing this now with you all.

This mistake actually makes me think you are scum trying to make true fans of this movie angry

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
A true fan would never be scum fyi

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

yuming posted:

Oh hey also my bird is Korben Dallas lookit my cool bird:

https://imgur.com/a/vElO9JI

Multipass~

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
[gently caress I had IRL stuff come up and kept failing to catch up on this thread + post at the same time (I only caught up the first time a few hours ago and then had to go do something else)]

Lumpen posted:

Oh I see he said he'll be gone until Tuesday morning.

##vote GenericGirlName
Say something that is not about the movie!

I haven't posted since the last time you posted this, so why did you mention "movie posts" again when I have not posted since?

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I am starting to see the downsides of playing a game with this many people in it. I feel like I'm just over analysing the people who post the most. Mostly this is making me suspicious of Lumpen which seems like a waste of energy on my part because he's rightfully suspicious of me enough to try to get me to post but otherwise had focused on hunting scum. Everything lines up about their hunting. Time to reread like 500 posts I guess.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Dick Bastardly posted:

hahaha, I love this new "I don't post" defense meta some of you guys are using now

but yeah, I think Lumpen's point is that you haven't posted anything other than those posts about the movie.

And my point was I haven't posted about anything else because I haven't posted/read the thread since joke phase was happening.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
It's fair to want me to post, that's not my problem with that phrasing from Lumpen that came up twice.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I'm trying to go through methodically (from bottom of list to the top) and atleast make sure that I've internalized everyone's posts, but not really try to make a case on everyone. Catching up on hundreds of posts at a time is a little overwhelming.

Yuming, I'll post my observations about immediately: I totally get why other people find this role claim suspicious as hell, but would find myself doing the exact same thing if I was town+cop and concerned about not being able to convince fellow town. That being said, just because I (a bad player of this game) would do it doesn't mean I'm willing to assume yuming is of the same skill level as me. So, I'm not immediately willing to vote ham but I don't find yuming suspicious yet.

Also someone posted my name on the previous page or two, why did you put spaces? it's clearly supposed to be camel cased "GenericGirlName", don't be weird.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Welp that's what I get for posting before finishing rereading everything. I read this post:

yuming posted:

I think it is totally fair to vote my #1 suspicion from Day 1 when there is a "Shadow Aligned" result on them. And I don't give a gently caress how many times hambeet calls me bad. (It just makes me think he is scum even more each time he does it.) Take my post in the context of my previous case and as a continuation of it.

And misunderstood it as yuming saying the result was from their night own night action, not someone else's.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
So now that I've read gaspy's posts I'm less sure of this read.

Asphyxious posted:

I’m being super upfront here. I know you’re freaking out over boy who cried wolf poo poo but I’m being straight with you.

I’m super suspicious of those who left votes on Beet in the circumstances and EXTREMELY suspicious of/confused by people adding votes now.

Like I’m now not sure of my results so I can’t understand how other people could be.

Yea I agree, I wouldn't vote beet based on just this info alone, but I'm glad to have this info for the future.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Lumpen posted:

Sorry for being... weird? Gene Ric'G IRL Nam E

Please...

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I don't like the idea of voting yuming because of their posts but it's hard to both stand by "not vote yuming" and "not vote beet". I don't think yuming is scummy, just town who would rather kill bad on unclear info and use that to work back and build a case (fair imo). And I also understand not voting ham based on a read that the reader isn't confident in. Similarly this makes me not want to vote the person who brought it up. Because it seems weird to have scum shield themselves with a fake and vague role claim early on instead of just making something up or actually claiming to be cop and getting town to waste a night (a risky plan though because then you need to survive the night and cause confusion the next day in order to stay alive).

Due to sheer volume of posts I'm torn on a good read for either Lumpen or Ham(in Ham's case I would want to ignore the weird cop read for now). Both could be scum trying to control the focus of the thread or town legit frustrated with lurkers. My gut tells me both are the later (based on content) but from reading again I'm feeling like maybe SA forums mafia has changed quite a bit since when I last tried my hand at it and it's caught me off guard, so I'm maybe over correcting for finding the quantity of posting off putting.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Mr. Humalong posted:

These posts are real bad now that I reread them. Lot of handwringing and "oh heavens I can't decide" type stuff which yeah we all do it but at a certain point you have to pick one and vote. Not voting at all is scummy and you already failed to vote for a single person day 1.

Sorry, between ham and Lumpen turbo posting constantly it's hard to get a read that feels more useful for town then "yeah I agree with someone who is posting a whole lot and might be posting a lot because they're scum lol". Sorry but D2 sucks and having to catch up on 200 posts Everytime I open the thread actively discourages me from engaging in a reasonable number of posts imo, without looking super scummy because "ah! You made no observations of your own!!!! You just sided with <three people who have 150+ posts and have thus responded to every post in the thread>". Which is an argument that has been raised many times on day two.

I sat on this post for a while but I intent to vote ham but I'm phone posting so I'm gonna send this and then read whatever 30 posts I missed and send my vote in (I only want to hammer when I KNOW I'm the one hammering)

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

hambeet posted:

Uh gently caress.

No one is gonna believe me, but AA just told me he's scum in Mason chat.

I asked if he was joking, because as it is people are going to be suspicious of the last member of an unconfirmed masonry when the other two members have both flipped town.

He said that he's godfather so he will be okay.

:psyduck:

Town should never lie so that's why I'm telling everyone.

Town should never lie means AA is telling me the truth, but now I'm super paranoid that him telling me this means he's confident somehow that my flip won't add weight to this claim. :psypop:

I can't do anything about that at this stage now though except to say bring on my lynch.

Oh honey...
##votw hambeet

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Ham if ur actually town I legit will feel super bad but wow I.... Wow... I was trying so hard not to vote you... And then.. this??? Please :(

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Wait what did I miss

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
:( I was in the ER Wednesday night and didn't know my date so I told burger to have me replaced. Then it turned out I was on muscle relaxers and unconscious for 2+ days so I deffo couldn't play. People assuming Asiina was scum because I dropped really sucked!!!!

This game's flavor was super good and I hate that I had to drop. I just wanted to lightning rod so bad. I'm glad Asiina got to use it even if it ended wildly lol.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

GenericGirlName posted:

:( I was in the ER Wednesday night and didn't know my fate so I told burger to have me replaced. Then it turned out I was on muscle relaxers and unconscious for 2+ days so I deffo couldn't play regardless. People assuming Asiina was scum because I dropped really sucked!!!!

This game's flavor was super good and I hate that I had to drop. I just wanted to lightning rod so bad. I'm glad Asiina got to use it even if it ended wildly lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Holy poo poo, I knew you had stuff come up in the other game. You ok ggn?

I'm ok now!!! And hopefully as a result of this I'll never be in that much pain again because now I know what pain meds actually help me! Yay!!!

The stuff that came up in the other game was my sister being in the hospital. That happens all the time but this time was kind of actually scary so I was at the hospital with her for a bunch of hours and being really stressed/scatter brained for a few days.

Everything should be normal levels of weird for me going forward, so I am hopeful I can finally actually get back into mafia, for reals.

:peanut:

• Locked thread