Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Well, even though Erik Karlsson hasn't yet been traded, it's about that time - NHL pre-season begins in a couple of weeks and it's time to see how wrong we all are about next year! Prediction city coming at you all. It is encouraged to post small blurbs about teams and to actually make this a thread for discussion about the chances of teams. Anyway, here is the template (playoff style):

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Metropolitan

Atlantic

Wild Card

Out

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Central

Pacific

Wild Card

Out

Hart:
Pearson:
Richard:
Calder:
Norris:
Adams:
Byng:
Vezina:

Team With Biggest Jump in Standings, East
Team With Biggest Jump in Standings, West
Team With Biggest Drop in Standings, East
Team With Biggest Drop in Standings, West

Other poo poo (Feel Free to Add)
Wins for Vegas:
First Coach Fired:
Worst Record in NHL:
President's Trophy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Metropolitan
1. Pittsburgh
2. Washington
3. Columbus

Atlantic
1. Tampa Bay
2. Toronto
3. Boston

Wild Card
1. Philadelphia
2. Florida

Out
9. Carolina
10. NY Islanders
11. New Jersey
12. NY Rangers
13. Buffalo
14. Detroit
15. Montreal
16. Ottawa

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Central
1. Nashville
2. St. Louis
3. Winnipeg

Pacific
1. San Jose
2. Vegas
3. Los Angeles

Wild Card
1. Chicago
2. Anaheim

Out
9. Dallas
10. Minnesota
11. Colorado
12. Calgary
13. Edmonton
14. Arizona
15. Vancouver

Hart: Kucherov
Pearson: McDavid
Richard: Ovechkin
Calder: Svechnikov
Norris: Jones
Adams: Boughner
Byng: who cares
Vezina: Crawford

Team With Biggest Jump in Standings, East: Buffalo (by points)
Team With Biggest Jump in Standings, West: Chicago
Team With Biggest Drop in Standings, East: New Jersey
Team With Biggest Drop in Standings, West: Vegas

Wins for Vegas: 41
First Coach Fired: Todd McLellan
Worst Record in NHL: Ottawa
President's Trophy: Tampa Bay

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hell yeah here's some lovely predictions that will probably be very wrong :toot:

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Metropolitan
1. Pittsburgh
2. Washington
3. Philadelphia

Atlantic
1. TB
2. Tronnah
3. Bawston

Wild Card
1. Columbus
2. Florida

Out
9. NJ
10. Carolina
11. Rangers
12. Buffalo
13. Isles
14. Detroit
15. Montreal
16. Ottawa

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Central
1. Winnipeg
2. Nashville
3. STL

Pacific
1. San Jose
2. LA
3. Vegas

Wild Card
1. Dallas
2. Anaheim

Out
9. Chicago
10. Avs
11. Minnesota
12. Calgary
13. Edmonton
14. Vancouver
15. Arizona

Hart: I
Pearson: Can
Richard: Never
Calder: Pick
Norris: These
Adams: So
Byng: gently caress it
Vezina: Alex Lyon

Team With Biggest Jump in Standings, East Flyers
Team With Biggest Jump in Standings, West Blues
Team With Biggest Drop in Standings, East Devils
Team With Biggest Drop in Standings, West Wild

Wins for Vegas: 43
First Coach Fired: McLellan
President's Trophy: Bolts

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Mind_Taker posted:

Out
9. Carolina
10. NY Islanders

this is being suuuuuper generous to the isles

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
EASTERN CONFERENCE

Metropolitan
1. Pittsburgh
2. Washington
3. Philadelphia

Atlantic
1. Tampa Bay
2. Toronto
3. Boston

Wild Card
1. Florida
2. New Jersey

Out
9. Columbus
10. New York Rangers
11. Carolina
12. New York Islanders
13. Buffalo
14. Detroit
15. Montreal
16. Ottawa

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Central
1. Winnipeg
2. Nashville
3. Minnesota

Pacific
1. San Jose
2. Anaheim
3. Edmonton

Wild Card
1. St. Louis
2. Colorado

Out
9. Los Angeles
10. Vegas
11. Dallas
12. Chicago
13. Calgary
14. Vancouver
15. Arizona

Hart: Mcdavid
Pearson: Mcdavid
Calder: Dahlin
Norris: Karlsson
Adams: Mike Sullivan
Byng: Kopitar
Vezina: Vasilevsky

Team With Biggest Jump in Standings, East: Uhh...Florida?
Team With Biggest Jump in Standings, West: Edmonton
Team With Biggest Drop in Standings, East: Columbus

Wins for Vegas: 41
First Coach Fired: Joel Quenneville
President's Trophy: Winnipeg

Explanations: I think this is the best roster Pittsburgh has had in a few years (even with lol Jack Johnson). With their depth plus Washington having a bit of a Cup hangover I see the Pens probably winning the division.

I've got Edmonton in and Vegas out for a few reasons. 1) Mcdavid is just that good. I know they didn't make it even with him being that good, but when you've got the best player in the world by far I just don't see how you miss two years in a row. And I think Talbot is capable of being better. But mostly I think Mcdavid will carry that team into the playoffs.

For Vegas, I just don't love their roster. They lost Neal and Perron who were both big contributors. I don't see Karlsson doing what he did again. Maf will probably not be quite as good. I like the rosters of other central teams better. Maybe Vegas just does their bullshit thing again, but I've got them out. Not out by a lot, but out.

I like the O'Reilly trade for St.Louis and I think that will be enough to get them in. Florida has good young talent so I could see them edging New Jersey or Columbus for a spot. I picked Columbus out but I could go either way on NJ/Cbj as last man out. I think the Flyers are in. They've got a good core of young talent plus figured out a way to make Giroux productive again. Their goaltending is questionable but they've got one of the best goalie prospects around who might take the job at some point this year.

For awards I dunno Ovechkin is getting old but he's still the only one who even got close to 50 this year. That award is his to lose until he finally ages out. Also hard to see Mcdavid losing the other major awards since he's the best player by a good amount. If he's not hurt, he'll win those.

Winnipeg gets the Presidents trophy because they're absurdly deep and you'd have to consider them the favorite coming into this year. They're good everywhere.

Dats a lotta words that nobody will read but there you go.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm the mysterious 16th team for the West.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

iospace posted:

It's Seattle. And even though they're not playing yet they're still more competently run and have a better five year outlook than Ottawa.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

Explanations: I think this is the best roster Pittsburgh has had in a few years (even with lol Jack Johnson). With their depth plus Washington having a bit of a Cup hangover I see the Pens probably winning the division.

I've got Edmonton in and Vegas out for a few reasons. 1) Mcdavid is just that good. I know they didn't make it even with him being that good, but when you've got the best player in the world by far I just don't see how you miss two years in a row. And I think Talbot is capable of being better. But mostly I think Mcdavid will carry that team into the playoffs.

For Vegas, I just don't love their roster. They lost Neal and Perron who were both big contributors. I don't see Karlsson doing what he did again. Maf will probably not be quite as good. I like the rosters of other central teams better. Maybe Vegas just does their bullshit thing again, but I've got them out. Not out by a lot, but out.

I like the O'Reilly trade for St.Louis and I think that will be enough to get them in. Florida has good young talent so I could see them edging New Jersey or Columbus for a spot. I picked Columbus out but I could go either way on NJ/Cbj as last man out. I think the Flyers are in. They've got a good core of young talent plus figured out a way to make Giroux productive again. Their goaltending is questionable but they've got one of the best goalie prospects around who might take the job at some point this year.

For awards I dunno Ovechkin is getting old but he's still the only one who even got close to 50 this year. That award is his to lose until he finally ages out. Also hard to see Mcdavid losing the other major awards since he's the best player by a good amount. If he's not hurt, he'll win those.

Winnipeg gets the Presidents trophy because they're absurdly deep and you'd have to consider them the favorite coming into this year. They're good everywhere.

Dats a lotta words that nobody will read but there you go.

I read them, GR.
I read them :unsmith:

And yeah Carter Hart very much looks like the Goalie Of the Future for the flyers but unless there's just a massacre of injuries the odds he sees the big team this year for any length of time are just about zero. Hextall's been suuuper patient with him.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Well, even though Erik Karlsson hasn't yet been traded, it's about that time - NHL pre-season begins in a couple of weeks and it's time to see how wrong we all are about next year! Prediction city coming at you all. It is encouraged to post small blurbs about teams and to actually make this a thread for discussion about the chances of teams. Anyway, here is the template (playoff style):

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Metropolitan
1. Detroit Red Wings
2. The Detroit Red Wings
3. Red Wings of Detroit

Atlantic
1. The Wings who are red playing in Detroit
2. Detroit's Crimson Sky Flappers
3. Bloody Bird Arms of Michigan's Motor City

Wild Card
1. Multiple Wings from Detroit who play Hockey
2. Detroit Olympics

Out
9. The Detroit Red Wings, but only the wingers
10. Motor City's Wings. Who are Red.
11. Spicy Chicken WIngs to go with Detroit's Pizza
12. Buffalo Sabres
13. Wings! RED! Detroit!
14. Mike "Red" Ilich's Reddened Wings.
15. A bird who's arm is embarassed, blushing across the state of Michigan
16. Ottawa Senators

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Central
1. The Detroit Red Wings, but from the timeline where they stayed in the central
2. Pizza Wings Combo Special. In Detroit
3. Le aile rouge de le strait du Lac Erie

Pacific
1. VGK
2. La Kings
3. Edmonton Oilers

Wild Card
1. An Alumni Team made of Former Red Wings
2. WINGS! RED! DETROIT!

Out
9. A pair of Wings affixed to some wheel thing in Detroit
10. Red Wing in Big D
11. The Current Inhabitants of Little Ceasar's PalaceArena
12. Victoria Cougars
13. The Ghosts of Red Wings Past
14. The Ghosts of Red Wings Present
15. A Tom Clancy Novel where a terror plot is foiled by Pavel Datsuyk and Dylan Larkin ghost written by and actual ghost.
16. Motor City's Legally Required Mispelling Because There is Insufficient Amounts of Chicken Meat to Call them "Wyngz". With Red Dye 40.

Hart: man
Pearson: ???
Richard: The Third
Calder: Cup
Norris: NFC North
Adams: Apple
Byng: Crosby
Vezina: Corey Crawford

Team With Biggest Jump in Standings, East Detroit Red Wings
Team With Biggest Jump in Standings, West Detroit Red Wings
Team With Biggest Drop in Standings, East Detroit Red Wings
Team With Biggest Drop in Standings, West Detroit Red Wings

Wins for Vegas: 2 Against the Detroit Redwings
First Coach Fired: Jeff Blashill
Worst Record in NHL: Ottawa Senators
President's Trophy: Detroit Red Wings

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

DJExile posted:

I read them, GR.
I read them :unsmith:

And yeah Carter Hart very much looks like the Goalie Of the Future for the flyers but unless there's just a massacre of injuries the odds he sees the big team this year for any length of time are just about zero. Hextall's been suuuper patient with him.

Thank you for reading my word salad.

Yeah I wasn't sure what their plans were with Carter Hart. I do think even if they don't use him that Neuvirth at least is a solid goalie. I don't trust Elliot that much, and both Neuvirth and Elliot are made of glass which could be a problem. I dunno I just like their roster enough that even their goaltending wasn't enough to scare me away.

I'll probably look like an idiot for leaving Columbus out though. That's still a pretty good team. But the uncertainty around Panarin's future made me pick them out rather than the Devils. Honestly could see them both making it and Florida being out too. The last few spots in the East are hard to pick.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

The Nashville Predators are going to win the Stanley Cup.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Metropolitan
1. Washington
2. Pittsburgh
3. Columbus

Atlantic
1. Tampa
2. Toronto
3. Boston

Wild Card
1. New Jersey
2. Florida

Out
9. Philadelphia
10. Carolina
11. Buffalo
12. NYR
13. NYI
14. Detroit
15. Montreal
16. Ottawa

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Central
1. Nashville
2. Winnipeg
3. Colorado

Pacific
1. San Jose
2. Vegas
3. LA

Wild Card
1. Dallas
2. St. Louis

Out
9. Anaheim
10. Minnesota
11. Chicago
12. Arizona
13. Vancouver
14. Edmonton
15. Calgary

Hart: :shrug:
Pearson: :shrug:
Richard: :shrug:
Calder: :shrug:
Norris: :shrug:
Adams: :shrug:
Byng: :shrug:
Vezina: :shrug:

Team With Biggest Jump in Standings, East Buffalo
Team With Biggest Jump in Standings, West Colorado
Team With Biggest Drop in Standings, East NYI
Team With Biggest Drop in Standings, West Calgary

Wins for Vegas: Less than 51
First Coach Fired: Boucher
President's Trophy: Tampa

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

Thank you for reading my word salad.

Yeah I wasn't sure what their plans were with Carter Hart. I do think even if they don't use him that Neuvirth at least is a solid goalie. I don't trust Elliot that much, and both Neuvirth and Elliot are made of glass which could be a problem. I dunno I just like their roster enough that even their goaltending wasn't enough to scare me away.

I'll probably look like an idiot for leaving Columbus out though. That's still a pretty good team. But the uncertainty around Panarin's future made me pick them out rather than the Devils. Honestly could see them both making it and Florida being out too. The last few spots in the East are hard to pick.

Right now Alex Lyon is the likely 1st callup from the Phantoms if when there are injuries to Eliott or Neuvy, and he did fine in that role last year. Hart will probably split time in Lehigh Valley with Lyon to get used to the pace of things but he's only 20 and it would be a hell of a stretch to see him getting any real time up with the big club.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
EASTERN CONFERENCE

Metropolitan
1. Pens
2. Caps
3. Devils

Atlantic
1. Lightning
2. Leafs
3. Bruins

Wild Card
1. Canes
2. Isles

Out
9. Flyers
10. BlueJackets
11. Panthers
12. Wings
13. Sabres
14. Habs
15. Rangers
16. Sens

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Central
1. Jets
2. Preds
3. Stars

Pacific
1. Sharks
2. Oilers
3. Knights

Wild Card
1. Ducks
2. Blues

Out
9. Hawks
10. Wild
11. Kings
12. Avs
13. Nucks
14. Flames
15. Yotes
16. lol someone can't count

Hart: Mathews
Richard: Laine
Calder: Petterson
Norris: If he gets traded early, Karlsson. If not, PK Subban
Adams: Trotz
Byng: some nerd
Vezina: Holtby

Team With Biggest Jump in Standings, East: Canes, with the Isles as a close 2nd
Team With Biggest Jump in Standings, West: Oilers
Team With Biggest Drop in Standings, East: BlueJackets, with the Flyers as a close 2nd
Team With Biggest Drop in Standings, West: Kings

Wins for Vegas: 45
First Coach Fired: Quenneville
Worst Record in NHL: In terms of teams/points? If the Sens trade Karlsson early it's them. If they don't... who's in goal for the yotes again?
President's Trophy: Jets

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

DJExile posted:

I have a soft spot for Trotz what can I say? Also he’s had success in the past elevating garbage rosters from terrible to mediocre.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Mind_Taker posted:

I have a soft spot for Trotz what can I say? Also he’s had success in the past elevating garbage rosters from terrible to mediocre.

lol that's fair

but man this is gonna be a tall fuckin' task for him

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
~~~~~~~ ReAsOnInG ~~~~~~~

Metro
Caps coaching change makes me think they don't top out their division. Pens are still real good too, no one else there really has a shot.

Atlantic
The lightning real good. Leafs with tavares gon be scary. Bruins because I don't think the Canes or Ilses has it in them to challenge for 3rd

WC-East
Yeah the Canes ownership/gm stuff is... questionable. But I think they've got some young talent that could push them above the 80-100 pt pack.

Out-East
Flyers/BJs will push but fall short, especially if the BJs lose Panarin. How did the Flyers even get that many wins last year?? Sens gon suuuuuck, but maybe not that bad if they don't trade Karlsson and he plays like he gives a poo poo.

Central
Jets real good. Losing Stastny sucks but they'll deal. Preds also real good - that'll be a tight finish. Stars might not implode defensively?

Pacific
Vegas lost a 30 goal scorer and there's no way karlsson scores even half of last year. The entire team's PDO was insane. Maybe Fluery carries them to a 3rd berth though. The oilers can't be bad forever right...? Sharks will run away with it I think with decent tending from Jones, as long as Thornton doesn't explode again.

WC-West
Ducks are going to feel the sting of Carlyle, I know it to be true. Blues are old but better (maybe) than the Haws/Wild/Kings.

Out-West
Hawks/Wild/Kings gonna duke it out but come up just short. Avs gonna slip from the mid-season run they made last year. Nucks will do their thing and suck for most of the season and then remember how to hockey for the last 10 games exploding their chances as 1OA. Also maybe the nucks rookies/Boeser/Bo light poo poo up. Who is even on the Flames? Also lol yotes

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

JawKnee posted:

~~~~~~~ ReAsOnInG ~~~~~~~
Out-East
Flyers/BJs will push but fall short, especially if the BJs lose Panarin. How did the Flyers even get that many wins last year??

They had a fantastic 2nd half to the year and finally figured lines out. They dumped a lot of dead weight this summer too. Amac's still there, but getting rid of Filppula and Manning is already a lot of addition by subtraction.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

DJExile posted:

Pajama Boy always put himself first and couldn't even remember the name of his Calder-winning teammate so it's addition by subtraction.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
EASTERN CONFERENCE

Metropolitan
1.Philadelphia
2.Carolina
3.New Jersey

Atlantic
1.Tampa Bay
2.Toronto
3.Florida

Wild Card
1.Columbus
2.Washington

Out
9.Boston
10.Ottawa
11.New Jersey
12.Buffalo
13.Montreal
14.New York Islanders
15.Detroit
16.New York Rangers

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Central
1.Winnipeg
2.St. Louis
3.Colorado

Pacific
1.San Jose
2.Anaheim
3.Arizona

Wild Card
1.Minnesota
2.Vegas

Out
9.Nashville
10.Calgary
11.Edmonton
12.Los Angeles
13.Calgary
14.Chicago
15. Vancouver (please oh god please)

Hart:Aho (Hurricanes)
Lindsay:McDavid
Richard:Laine
Calder:Dahlin
Norris:Hedman
Adams:Rob Brind'amour
Byng:Pettersson
Vezina:Luongo gently caress you all

Team With Biggest Jump in Standings, East Carolina
Team With Biggest Jump in Standings, West Arizona
Team With Biggest Drop in Standings, East Boston
Team With Biggest Drop in Standings, West Nashville

Worst Record in NHL: Vancouver 10-69-3

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
EASTERN CONFERENCE

Metropolitan
1. Pittsburgh
2. Washington
3. Columbus

Atlantic
1. Tampa Bay
2. Toronto
3. Boston

Wild Card
1. Florida
2. Carolina

Out
9. Philadelphia
10. New Jersey
11. Buffalo
12. New York Islanders
13. Ottawa
14. New York Rangers
15. Montreal
16. Detroit

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Central
1. Winnipeg
2. Nashville
3. St. Louis

Pacific
1. Los Angeles
2. San Jose
3. Anaheim

Wild Card
1. Las Vegas
2. Edmonton

Out
9. Calgary
10. Chicago
11. Dallas
12. Arizona
13. Colorado
14. Minnesota
15. Vancouver

Hart: McDavid
Calder: Pettersson
Norris: Hedman
Adams: Brind'Amour
Byng: Barkov
Vezina: Vasilevskiy

Team With Biggest Jump in Standings, West Edmonton
Team With Biggest Drop in Standings, East New Jersey
Team With Biggest Drop in Standings, West Minnesota

Wins for Vegas: 44
Worst Record in NHL: Detroit

oh and let's not be cowards:

WINNIPEG OVER TAMPA in the finals

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
I will also go with WINNIPEG over TAMPA BAY in 6 GAMES

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Washington over Nashville in 7 because repeat champs bitches

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Metropolitan
1. Columbus
2. Pittsburgh
3. Washington

Atlantic
1. Tampa Bay (#1 East)
2. Toronto
3. Boston

Wild Card
1. Florida
2. Philadelphia

Out
9. New Jersey
10. Carolina
11. Montreal
12. NY Rangers
13. Buffalo
14. NY Islanders
15. Detroit
16. Ottawa

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Central
1. Winnipeg (#1 West)
2. Nashville
3. Dallas

Pacific
1. San Jose
2. Anaheim
3. Los Angeles

Wild Card
1. St. Louis
2. Minnesota

Out
9. Vegas
10. Arizona
11. Colorado
12. Calgary
13. Chicago
14. Vancouver
15. The non-existant Seattle franchise
16. Edmonton (gently caress you Chiarelli)

WCF: Winnipeg beats San Jose 4-1
ECF: Tampa Bay beats Pittsburgh 4-2
STANLEY CUP FINALS: Tampa Bay beats Winnipeg 4-3

Hart: Connor McDavid
Pearson: Connor McDavid
Art Ross: Connor McDavid
Richard: Connor McDavid
Calder: Eeli Tolvanen
Norris: Victor Hedman
Adams: Jon Cooper
Byng: Connor McDavid
Selke: Connor McDavid
Vezina: Andrei Vasilevski

Team With Biggest Jump in Standings, East Columbus Blue Jackets
Team With Biggest Jump in Standings, West Arizona Coyotes
Team With Biggest Drop in Standings, East New Jersey Devils
Team With Biggest Drop in Standings, West Edmonton Oilers

Other poo poo
Wins for Vegas: 39
First Coach Fired: Todd McLellan
Worst Record in NHL: Edmonton Oilers

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Kilza posted:

Out

14. Vancouver
15. The non-existant Seattle franchise
16. Edmonton (gently caress you Chiarelli)

Hart: Connor McDavid
Pearson: Connor McDavid
Art Ross: Connor McDavid
Richard: Connor McDavid
Byng: Connor McDavid
Selke: Connor McDavid

Worst Record in NHL: Edmonton Oilers

lol this is the good poo poo

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Metropolitan
1. Pittsburgh
2. Washington
3. Columbus

Atlantic
1. Tampa Bay
2. Toronto
3. Boston

Wild Card
1. Philadelphia
2. New Jersey

Out
9. Florida
10. Carolina
11. New York Rangers
12. New York Islanders of Brooklyn but also Long Island
13. Detroit
14. Montreal
15. Buffalo
16. Ottawa

-Wild Card race will be a logjam as it was this year and I could see Fancy Cats or, possibly, the Canes in the hunt as well.
-Teetered between 3 and WC1 for the CBJ, and a lot of their success rides on what happens with Panarin, but I still feel like they're a bubble team without him if they keep :cop: (Porty says there may not be many other teams who could afford him anyway) and can get some guys to pick up their own offensive production.
-Toronto with one of Matthews AND Tavares as a second line center is god drat terrifying.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Central
1. Nashville
2. Winnipeg
3. St. Louis

Pacific
1. San Jose
2. Los Angeles
3. Anaheim

Wild Card
1. Dallas
2. Vegas. Not Las Vegas, mind you, just Vegas.

Out
9. Minnesota
10. Colorado
11. Chicago
12. Arizona
13. Edmonton
14. Calgary
15. Vancouver
16. Seattle

-Vegas is gonna have a hangover the likes of a bachelor/bachelorette party weekend in...well...Vegas.
--I could see Minnesota bumping them.
-Ain't no 16 teams in the West yet, damnit. :argh:

Hart: McJesus
Pearson: McJesus
Richard: Kucherov
Calder: ?
Norris: Seth Jones
Adams: Bednar
Byng: Wennberg
Vezina: Holtby

Team With Biggest Jump in Standings, East Carolina
Team With Biggest Jump in Standings, West: Arizona
Team With Biggest Drop in Standings, East Ottawa is gonna somehow do worse than 67 points

Wins for Vegas: 37
First Coach Fired: Blashill
President's Trophy: Pittsburgh
Tom Wilson Head Count: 4

Still thinking on some of these so to be continued.

iospace posted:

I spent 10 minutes trying to figure out what team I'd forgotten. :argh:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Sep 7, 2018

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Metropolitan
1. Pittsburgh
2. Washington
3. Philadelphia

Atlantic
1. Toronto
2. Tampa Bay
3. Boston

Wild Card
1. Florida
2. Carolina

Out
9. Columbus
10. New Jersey
11. NY Rangers
12. NY Islanders
13. Montreal
14. Buffalo
15. Detroit
16. Ottawa

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Central
1. Winnipeg
2. Nashville
3. St. Louis

Pacific
1. Los Angeles
2. San Jose
3. Anaheim

Wild Card
1. Vegas
2. Calgary

Out
9. Colorado
10. Chicago
11. Vancouver
12. Dallas
13. Minnesota
14. Arizona
15. Edmonton

Hart: Matthews
Pearson: Crosby
Calder: Pettersson
Art Ross: Matthews
Adams: Sullivan
Byng: Hischier
Vezina: Gibson
Selke: Barkov

Team With Biggest Jump in Standings, East: Flyers/Canes
Team With Biggest Jump in Standings, West: Flames/Canucks
Team With Biggest Drop in Standings, East: Devils

First Coach Fired: Julien
Worst Record in NHL: Edmonton
President's Trophy: Penguins

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Mind_Taker posted:

Vezina: Crawford[/b]

I doubt he even plays this season. Which makes me even more sad because he is a fun goalie to watch and is actually quietly really loving good, even if he is incapable of getting shutouts. :smith:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

here's a couple others to add to the list.

What gets sent to Ottawa for Karlsson
What gets Melnyk's Out Acceptable answers include: Bought out, Bettman forces him out, Assassination, the entire city of Ottawa breaking down his door and ripping out the stolen liver, guillotine.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

CBJSprague24 posted:

I spent 10 minutes trying to figure out what team I'd forgotten. :argh:

The Detroit Red Wings?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
EASTERN CONFERENCE

Metropolitan
1. Washington
2. Pittsburgh
3. Philadelphia

Atlantic
1. Tampa Bay
2. Toronto
3. Boston

Wild Card
1. Florida
2. Carolina

Out
9. Columbus
10. New Jersey
11. Buffalo
12. New York Rangers
13. New York Islanders
14. Detroit
15. Montreal
16. Ottawa

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Central
1. Winnipeg
2. Nashville
3. St. Louis

Pacific
1. San Jose
2. Anaheim
3. Las Vegas

Wild Card
1. Dallas
2. Colorado

Out
9. Calgary
10. Los Angeles
11. Arizona
12. Minnesota
13. Chicago
14. Edmonton
16. Vancouver

Hart:
Pearson: idk
Richard: Patrick Laine
Calder: Ryan Donato
Norris: Erik Karlsson
Adams: idk
Byng: idk
Vezina: Hellebuyck

Team With Biggest Jump in Standings, West Arizona
Team With Biggest Drop in Standings, East Islanders
Team With Biggest Drop in Standings, West Minnesota

Wins for Vegas: 39
First Coach Fired: McClellan

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum
EASTERN CONFERENCE

Metropolitan
1. Flyers
2. Penguins
3. Blue Jackets

Atlantic
1. Maple Leafs
2. Lightning
3. Bruins

Wild Card
1. Capitals
2. Panthers

Out
9. Canadiens
10. Red Wings
11. Devils
12. Islanders
13. Sabres
14. Hurricanes
15. Rangers
16. Senators

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Central
1. Jets
2. Predators
3. Blues

Pacific
1. Sharks
2. Knights
3. Flames

Wild Card
1. Oilers
2. Stars

Out
9. Coyotes
10. Ducks
11. Blackhawks
12. Avalanche
13. Kings
14. Wild
15. Canucks

Richard: Kuznetsov
Calder: Svechnikov
Norris: Seth Jones
Adams: Hakstol
Byng: Barkov
Vezina: Fleury
Selke: Backstrom

Team With Biggest Jump in Standings, East: Flyers
Team With Biggest Jump in Standings, West: Oilers
Team With Biggest Drop in Standings, East: Rangers

Other poo poo: Ovechkin finally takes an injury and Kuznetsov pots 55 for the Richard
Wins for Vegas: 47
First Coach Fired: Boudreaux
Worst Record in NHL: Senators
President's Trophy: Flyers

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Ive seen a whole 3 preseason games and feel confident about my ability to select winners and losers.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Metropolitan
1. Washington
2. Columbus
3. Philly

Atlantic
1. Tampa Bay
2. Toronto
3. Boston

Wild Card
1. Pittsburgh
2. New Jersey

Out
9. Carolina
10. Buffalo
11. NYR
12. Montreal
13. Florida
14. Detroit
15. NYI
16. Ottawa

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Central
1. Winnipeg
2. Nashville
3. St.Louis

Pacific
1. San Jose
2. LA
3. Edmonton

Wild Card
1. Vegas
2. Anaheim

Out
9. Dallas
10. Colorado
11. Minnesota
12. Phoenix
13. Calgary
14. Chicago
15. Vancouver

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
EASTERN CONFERENCE

Metropolitan
1. Toronto - will finish just ahead of Tampa, #1 in the east
2. Tampa Bay - will finish #2 overall in the East
3. Boston - comfortably behind Tampa Bay, comfortably ahead of Buffalo

Atlantic
1. Washington - strong regular season team no longer playing with fear of playoffs
2. Pittsburgh - good, but not great during the season
3. Philadelphia - people love their large adult mascot

Wild Card
1. New Jersey - on the right direction
2. Buffalo - good enough to jump up, will be helped with so many Atlantic teams bottoming out

Out
9. Carolina - very good, but not enough to beat Buffalo
10. Florida - good, but not enough to beat Buffalo
11. Columbus - season will be hijacked with discontented superstars
12. NY Rangers - bottoming out, but Lundqvist will keep them from being too terrible
13. Detroit - has talent to be better, but top picks are being held back
14. NY Islanders - defense is somehow worse than Detroit's
15. Montreal - in any other year, a favorite to finish dead last
16. Ottawa - potentially one of the worst NHL teams ever

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Central
1. Winnipeg - a very good team and a Cup contender
2. Nashville - a very good team and a Cup contender
3. Colorado - moving in the right direction, with more talent to come

Pacific
1. San Jose - as expected
2. Vegas - good, but not like last year good
3. Edmonton - they have Connor McDavid, someone has to land here

Wild Card
1. Minnesota - still stuck in the middleground purgatory in the Central
2. St. Louis - a pretty good team, all things considered

Out
9. Arizona - a pretty good team
10. Dallas - a pretty good team, no Arizona, but a pretty good team
11. Anaheim - NHL players furious to be deprived of opportunity to punch Corey Perry
12. Calgary - are they good? are they bad? what should they change? let's find out
13. Los Angeles - meh
14. Chicago - Corey Crawford is falling apart
15. Vancouver - Canada's 3rd most embarrassing NHL team
16. Ottawa - figures out a way to finish dead last in a conference they aren't in

Hart: Auston Matthews, Toronto
Pearson: John Tavares, Toronto
Richard: John Tavares, Toronto
Calder: Rasmus Dahlin, Buffalo
Norris: Erik Karlsson, San Jose
Adams: Mike Babcock, Toronto
Vezina: Connor Hellebuyck, Winnipeg

Team With Biggest Jump in Standings, East - Buffalo
Team With Biggest Jump in Standings, West - Edmonton
Team With Biggest Drop in Standings, East - Columbus
Team With Biggest Drop in Standings, West - Anaheim

Wins for Vegas: I am predicting the worst season in the history of the Vegas Golden Knights
First Coach Fired: Maybe Blashill!
President's Trophy: Toronto

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score
Vancouver will finish the year with the worst record but not pick 1st in the draft losing out on Brother Hughes magic. Especially cruel since he draft is in their own building.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Metropolitan
1. Pittsburgh
2. Columbus
3. Washington

Atlantic
1. Tampa Bay
2. Toronto
3. Boston

Wild Card
1.Florida
2. Philly

Out
9. Carolina
10. Buffalo
11. New Jersey
12. NY Islanders
13. NY Rangers
14. Detroit
15. Montreal
16. Ottawa

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Central
1. Winnipeg
2. Nashville
3. St. Louis

Pacific
1. San Jose
2. Edmonton
3. Anaheim

Wild Card
1. Arizona
2. Vegas

Out
9. Dallas
10. Colorado
11. Minnesota
12. Los Angeles
13. Calgary
14. Chicago
15. Vancouver

Richard: McDavid
Calder: Dahlen
Adams: Tocchet
Byng: McDavid
Vezina: Bob

Team With Biggest Jump in Standings, East: Buffalo (by points)
Team With Biggest Jump in Standings, West: Arizona
Team With Biggest Drop in Standings, East: New Jersey

First Coach Fired: Boucher

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I should do a start of December status update but :effort:

watch this space

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

so every metro projection looks goddamn hilarious right now

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Fiiiiiiiiiiine

Eastern
Atlantic
Lightning 39 (+3)
Leafs 38 (+3)
Sabres 37 (+21)
Bruins 32 (+6)
Canadiens 29 (+2)
Red Wings 27 (+2)
Senators 27 (+3)
Panthers 25 (+5)

Metro
Capitals 33 (+3)
Blue Jackets 32 (-3)
Rangers 29 (-1)
Islanders 29 (-3)
Hurricanes 28 (+3)
Penguins 25 (-6)
Flyers 24 (+1)
Devils 23 (-11)

Western
Central
Predators 37 (+4)
Avalanche 37 (+11)
Jets 34 (-2)
Stars 31 (+2)
Wild 30 (+3)
Blackhawks 23 (-5)
Blues 21 (-14)

Pacific
Flames 34 (+5)
Ducks 33 (+7)
Sharks 31 (+1)
Knights 29 (-2)
Oilers 28 (+6)
Coyotes 26 (+10)
Canucks 25 (-3)
Kings 21 (-14)

Trophies:
Ross: Rantanen

Team With Biggest Jump in Standings, East: Sabres
Team With Biggest Jump in Standings, West: Avalanche (somehow)
Team With Biggest Drop in Standings, East: Devils

Wins for Vegas: 14
First Coach Fired: John Stevens
Worst Record in NHL: Los Angeles

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Good to see most folks be spot on about the Canucks. I'm glad there are some constants in life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

DJExile posted:

so every metro projection looks goddamn hilarious right now

The weird thing is the Penguins/Devils/Flyers all suck and this is despite all of their stars playing well.