Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Dutchy posted:

The A's don't really have an 8th inning guy nowadays, they just have a tidal wave of setup men that they'll start using as early as the 5th.

I do think the bullpens are close enough that whoever has the lead by the time it hits that point will probably hold serve. When I first posted the A's were still hanging on

e: also it looks like Daniel Mengden is getting the call and he, uh, was not one of the guys I was talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's funny that the Astros monster third inning's three outs were: what should have been a double for Correa speared on great play by Piscotti, then two lazy popups by garbageman Josh Reddick who sucks and is garbage

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Intruder posted:

It's funny that the Astros monster third inning's three outs were: what should have been a double for Correa speared on great play by Piscotti, then two lazy popups by garbageman Josh Reddick who sucks and is garbage

i know clutch isn't supposed to be a thing but it's really hard to follow Josh Reddick and not see a dude who presses waaaaaay too hard in big moments

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Intruder posted:

Imagine this inning is Piscotty hadn't made a great play

Biscuits is all that is pure and good in this world. :colbert:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dutchy posted:

i know clutch isn't supposed to be a thing but it's really hard to follow Josh Reddick and not see a dude who presses waaaaaay too hard in big moments

I don't believe rising to the occasion is a real thing but wilting from the occasion is absolutely a real thing

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol Bregman was like "eh you're not good enough for this Carlos"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Intruder posted:

I dunno, I turned it off. It's over already

Is pretending you turned a game off as if to dare the team you like to prove they're worth your viewership dumb because I feel like I do it a lot

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Intruder posted:

Is pretending you turned a game off as if to dare the team you like to prove they're worth your viewership dumb because I feel like I do it a lot

we all cope in different ways

e: well that's a dud of an inning, all my bs about a bullpen game and then we do that

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Hahahaha another Lester pickoff

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Hahahaha another Lester pickoff

Was it the bounce pass?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I have to say I really love Mengden's behind the head windup

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol way to stare at a fastball down the middle at the knees for strike 3 Carlos

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
:lol: Yankees

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
The Phillies have to have the single season record for solo home runs, right?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

do not gently caress this up Nats

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

do not gently caress this up Nats

cursed post

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

I will repeat that.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Lester somehow manages to grind out a QS despite making GBS threads the bed early, and even picked up two RBI's. I'll take it.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Chapman good

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's funny that as much as I and my fellow Astros fans have been making GBS threads on the team this season, right now their record is a game better than this point last season

Really hope Cole and Verlander can fix themselves before the playoffs though

Assuming the Astros make it :ohdear:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

oh my god bulldogs are so loving adorable

not sure I could ever own one though because I can't handle slobbery dogs

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao at daniel murphy stealing a bag, the man runs like a hannah barbera cartoon

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

loving NASTY GERRIT

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
despite my best efforts to be chill, this game has given me a stomach ache

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sydin posted:

Lester somehow manages to grind out a QS despite making GBS threads the bed early, and even picked up two RBI's. I'll take it.

Yeah I can't complain here.

Now be good bullpen.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lester with 2 RBIs and a pickoff

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Odenkirk sounds wasted

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Of course our best reliever immediately gives up a dinger to the Mets worst hitter :sigh:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Niwrad posted:

Odenkirk sounds wasted

"sounds"

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Of course the bullpen ruins Lester's sweet redemption story.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Uh oh, better call Saul (a taxi).

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bregman crushes a ball right at someone, man that's familiar

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

blerry jevins

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Bregman and Chapman in the same division is pretty crazy. It's going to be very enjoyable until Chapman gets traded to the Yankees in three years

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

c'mon Cubs lol it's the Mets lol

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Epic High Five posted:

c'mon Cubs lol it's the Mets lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dutchy posted:

Bregman and Chapman in the same division is pretty crazy. It's going to be very enjoyable until Chapman gets traded to the Yankees in three years

Yeah but they can get some good players like they did for- *checks the return for Donaldson*

Nevermind

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
That's a fair ball.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Easy fair ball call

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

After 3 this game was 5-4, I'm pretty surprised it's still the same score in the 7th

• Locked thread