Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
I've been meal prepping for a while now. I still don't understand how people make & freeze burritos then microwave them and the tortilla doesn't get all soggy gross and fall apart. Is this not a thing that happens? What stuff do you put in your burros? Also I've been doing this for a while so glad we started this thread. Hopefully we can get some good feedback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
I'm curious how long your cook times are on Sunday. Me and the wife make 2 different dishes for a total of 10 meals ( 1, 6 day and 1, 4nday dish). Think it was about 1.5-2 hrs prep and cook time.

Anyway this week we mad "pad Tai" and a southwest quinoa and grilled chicken dish with a lime wedge. Hands down I honestly could do and have done the quinoa dish all week for multiple weeks. It's delecious and filling and looks appetizing. I would post pics but effort.
Additionally what's the easiest way to post pics here from a phone?

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Remembered to actually take pictures.

Me and my wife make a total 9 meals because my team has a dedicated team lunch every Monday. We make 2 separate meals first being a southwest queen wa I mentioned preciously. With corn, black beans, lime, cilantro, with 3oz grilled chicken. The other is a southwest salad with 3oz of chicken, mexican corn, tomatoes, black bean, romaine.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Not so good looking this time around and lovely phone picture. But, we made the quinoa again. However, our second meal is carnitas with cilantro lime rice and street corn.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Pasta puttanesca with rice noodles looks pretty good. Any good suggestions on substitutes for anchovies. Don't think my wife can mentally handle it. Shhh don't tell her about the Caesar salad. Also are capers absolutely necessary because I don't have any off hand.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
No real pictures to look at. It has dropped to 70F here. That means it's chili time. Leftovers are going to be portioned out for lunches.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

indyrenegade posted:

Pasta puttanesca with rice noodles.

So I made this and did not like it. The capers were overpowering and I don't think it had enough tomato which could have helped it I think. Eh, live and learn.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Done meal prep for this week. Up fist is posole with extra lime, onion, cabbage & cilantro for all the toppings.

Then we did turkey meatballs with sticky ginger sauce and some rice and carrots.

Bababa bonus meal prep! Womp waaa air horn noise!
I've been super busy with learning how to become a dev at work and as such have been staying later than usual. So made this so I can just throw it in the oven when I get home.

Baked ziti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

QuarkMartial posted:

That looks delicious.

Thanks, one of my and my wife's goals when meal prepping is to make our dishes as delicious and eye appealing as possible. So all the small stuff we add to our dishes to make it a little better is important to us. From the carrots in this dish to all the toppings for the posole. Often when looking up meal prep stuff say on reddit. It's painfully sad to see some plain backed chicken with some rice. Granted they probably have different dietary needs. But still add some loving bell peppers or something for some color.

quote="indyrenegade" post="488865231"]
to be fair - most of the time I just eyeball the recipe and don't measure anything
[/quote]

Eh, no fault of your own. Just something new to me. I'm sure I could try to make it a couple more times and look at more recipes to figure something out that works.