Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

drat that poo poo looks good. Hollly gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I haven't watched the video yet but I'll be buying this game when it's out in 3 years

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it looks badass

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

(after thinking really hard about something else to say) I hope it comes out soon.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

net cafe scandal posted:

(after thinking really hard about something else to say) I hope it comes out soon.

I think an optimistic but not entirely unrealistic time frame would be holiday season 2019.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I haven't watched the video yet but I'll be buying this game when it's out in 3 years

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I watched the demo and have a few gripes, mostly, I hate Latin Bender. And I'm still not sold on the fps thing. The dialogue options and branching stories all seem to be there however so I'm still in. Wish they showed more of the city too, it just seemed oddly lifeless but of course it's not finished yet so w/e.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Yeah I hope they use the next year+ of development time they have left to really polish all that stuff to a shine. You can definitely tell it's a work in progress in the demo

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Your out of your mind if you think that the world is going to somehow be more interesting when it's "Polished to a shine".

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My guess is that it will bet Deece enough to scratch everyone's Deus Ex/Skyrim itch for a couple weeks like Prey or w/e, so I'm sort of hoype, but not super hoype.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
that looks pretty awesome. i wonder how lively the street is... like the setpiece with the cops reconstructing the crime.

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

extremebuff posted:

it looks badass

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

A lot of people have this insanely high expectation of 2077 because IT'S MADE BY THE WITCHER 3 GUYS SO IT'LL BE EVEN BETTER THAN WITCHER 3 without really acknowledging that TW3 is the culmination of a decade of developing Witcher games, and that CDPR had two games' worth of fleshed out systems to take influence from when they started developing it- and even then, it's still imperfect (see: most of the combat). Meanwhile 2077 is an entirely new IP, and entirely new genre of game, and an entirely new... y'know, everything for them. They have a lot of general game design experience but a lot of 2077's systems and mechanics are entirely new things for them, and I'm sure that'll be apparent in some aspects of the finished game.

I guess I'm only expecting this to be about as great as TW2 was, but not quite as great as TW3. I'll still 100% it, probably.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I have my doubts that the driving in this game is going to feel very good.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm hoping Latin Bender is only in a few quests and not the whole game. I also think a bad fps is a million times worse than a bad 3rd person action game so I hope the gun mods are as deep as they're claiming instead of the Borderlands style stuff in the demo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's no way this is as good as Deus Ex but that's an unreasonable expectation and I'm going to play it for sure on day one because I like cyberpunk stuff. ANd it's got cyberpunk right in the title.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

There's no way this is as good as Deus Ex but that's an unreasonable expectation and I'm going to play it for sure on day one because I like cyberpunk stuff. ANd it's got cyberpunk right in the title.

they know what the public wants and theyre delivering it in spades

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i watched like 10mins of the gameplay cause I didnt wanna see too much. if the shooting feels alright and they still have w3 quality writing im sold already though. plus its a drat good looking game

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The fight against the exo suit at the end as well as that entire combat sequence in general looked ten times more fun than anything that can be done with with the combat in Witcher 3. Kind of makes me feel they should have been doing first person shooters this whole time honestly

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Witcher Dwarf: You sniveling oval office'sworth of a knife-eared poof!

Cyberpunk Dwarf: Bro your totes a cunty knife-eared homo.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I have my doubts that the driving in this game is going to feel very good.

Yeah but im optimistic because the horse in witcher 3 was great and they hadnt had horses before, plus they said they were putting in the work to make it feel good and hired people specifically for vehicle physics and poo poo

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

No Elves or Dwarf this game SUCKS

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvgb5a7vuLs&t=5s

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

A lot of people have this insanely high expectation of 2077 because IT'S MADE BY THE WITCHER 3 GUYS SO IT'LL BE EVEN BETTER THAN WITCHER 3 without really acknowledging that TW3 is the culmination of a decade of developing Witcher games, and that CDPR had two games' worth of fleshed out systems to take influence from when they started developing it- and even then, it's still imperfect (see: most of the combat). Meanwhile 2077 is an entirely new IP, and entirely new genre of game, and an entirely new... y'know, everything for them. They have a lot of general game design experience but a lot of 2077's systems and mechanics are entirely new things for them, and I'm sure that'll be apparent in some aspects of the finished game.

I guess I'm only expecting this to be about as great as TW2 was, but not quite as great as TW3. I'll still 100% it, probably.

I get this. But I just started playing Witcher 3 and a dozen hours in I have to say almost all of the systems and mechanics that are evolved from the previous games are pretty blah, it's the worldbuilding and writing and quest design that works. The inventory and oils and crafting and poo poo is a huge cluttered mess that so far just gets in my way.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Im not going to watch the video because I dont want to get spoiled.

Wormskull posted:

My guess is that it will bet Deece enough to scratch everyone's Deus Ex/Skyrim itch for a couple weeks like Prey or w/e, so I'm sort of hoype, but not super hoype.

Same tbh. Its going to be buggy as hell lmao

Muscadine Wine
Feb 13, 2009
I remember how buggy "the Witcher" was until the enhanced version was released...

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

my pc won't be able to run this

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Oh thank god, a refuge away from the people having in depth discussion about the word "female"

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Im expecting this to be more like Alpha Protocol than Deus Ex.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Control Volume posted:

Im expecting this to be more like Alpha Protocol than Deus Ex.

It's insane how there hasnt been a game like AP for a decade now

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

If any company can come close, its CDPR

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Plutonis posted:

It's insane how there hasnt been a game like AP for a decade now

I still haven't played it. Is it BC on Xbox?

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
https://b.w0bm.com/1535471361.webm

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

They said you'll be able to ride bikes, show me my bike cdpr.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

that already looks way more fun than witcher 3 combat lol. badass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh god.

• Locked thread