Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

JebanyPedal posted:

Without a gun present these funeral attendees will not fully understand the potential immediacy of death. All funerals should have at least one firearm present to garner maximum respect for the dead.

Yes, but what if he just brought a crossbow instead? Same effect but a more surreal package.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

JebanyPedal posted:

Without a gun present these funeral attendees will not fully understand the potential immediacy of death. All funerals should have at least one firearm present to garner maximum respect for the dead.

I'm a goon. Would a katana work?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I am deadly with the blade.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Literally A Person posted:

Wear Oakley Sunglasses throughout the eulogy. Occasionally dab.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I was thinking maybe it would be fun to grab Jim's corpse for a couple days and have a huge party. We can put sunglasses on him and pretend that he is, in fact, still alive.

Like that movie Citizen Kane

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

I was thinking maybe it would be fun to grab Jim's corpse for a couple days and have a huge party. We can put sunglasses on him and pretend that he is, in fact, still alive.

It was cool when he screamed rosebud and threw the dean into the pool

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Take him to the zoo and place him in various animal enclosures.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

It was cool when he screamed rosebud and threw the dean into the pool

Yeah, it being a sled was a real let down.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
Play "Eulogy" by Tool and remind everyone that comes within earshot that we are living in a society.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

While you were busy dying, Jim, I was studying the blade.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Gay Weed Dad posted:

Play "Eulogy" by Tool and remind everyone that comes within earshot that we are living in a society.

Play an entire Tool album and then turn to your now peacefully slumbering audience with s smile and say, "Just like this Tool album, his life was nothing but a tedious drone that went on for too long."

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
This thread has lots of good dead guy jokes :five:

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I'm glad he's dead, more air for me :sun:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
You can say a lot of things about Jim. He was husband, a father, and friend.

Also, he dead.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I taught Jim a few tricks for today...Jim, stay!

Ok, Jim, dont move.

Jim, stop breathing.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
*starts digging through Jim's pockets, whistling a jaunty tune*

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

How... Uh. How did Jim die, just as an aside?

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Oscar Wild posted:

I taught Jim a few tricks for today...Jim, stay!

Ok, Jim, dont move.

Jim, stop breathing.
My fives...

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
play "opiate" by tool and ask for a few moments alone with the body while you're unbuttoning your shirt

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Why the long faces everyone? Did somebody die?

But seriously, my friend always wanted a funeral where all his loved ones gathered around his casket to remember him. I don't know what you losers are doing here though, he's gonna be rolling over in his grave.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Fake a heart attack and with your last ounce of strength hand the undertaker a self-made "2-for-1" coupon and try to crawl into Jim's coffin.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Ask the deceased a question. Pause, and when you don't get a response ask it louder and louder until you are yelling at a dead man. Then giggle, and say "Gosh, I plum forgot he's dead."

RichardA
Sep 1, 2006
Dinosaur Gum
Knowing Jim over the the last 7 years has enriched my life in what I consider to be an immeasurable fashion. The IRS on the other hand ...

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

now he's/she's up there [point up] with [real dead relatives] uncle bob and aunt Joe and all of them... up there on pedophile hill, where they bury all the pedophiles [hold for laugh]

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth
I guess he’ll never be the HEAD of a major corporation!

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

reignofevil posted:

Something that is very hard to do could be rigorous but you could also easily spin that into a rigor mortis joke.

What a coincidence, that was Jim's favorite TV show

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

A joke that helps them appreciate the deceased more? Tell them your life story.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Go on at length about the time me and Jim went south of the border to pick up some prostitutes while his wife and kids were out visiting her parents.

Start with, "Real funny story..."

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Go on at length about the time me and Jim went south of the border to pick up some prostitutes while his wife and kids were out visiting her parents.

Start with, "Real funny story..."

Jim was much loved, mostly by ladies of the night, who he would regale with long meandering yarns and greasy hundred dollar bills.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

In life, Jim got laid and lied his rear end off. Now, he is being laid to rest and lying his rear end in a coffin

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

SciFiDownBeat posted:

In life, Jim got laid and lied his rear end off. Now, he is being laid to rest and lying his rear end in a coffin

Person sitting in the pews: "AW SNAP, Jim! He loving got you, man!"

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
Play "Forty-six and 2" and threaten to punch anyone to talks during the good part

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Just make a nice funny reference about those who are in attendance. Like, "Well, you know what [DECEASED] would say if he saw [NAME]," etc.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Gay Weed Dad posted:

Play "Forty-six and 2" and threaten to punch anyone to talks during the good part

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
Begin a slideshow of Jim's life.
Casually exit while the bereaved weep over remembrance of their fallen loved one.
Bar the doors.
Burn the venue to the ground.

Hilarious!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

I don't know, what about using some double entendre, like referencing "stiff" as meaning corpse, but also as meaning erect penis.

like joke about the departed "working stiff"?

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
He came, he saw, and he came again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMiEFyTuuh8

• Locked thread