Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which is worse?
This poll is closed.
Roman using two buddies to beat up BRAUN! in a 3-on-1 beatdown. 3 3.26%
BRAUN! using two buddies to beat up Roman and his two buddies in a 3-on-3 beatdown. 3 3.26%
Kevin Owens missing his best friend Sami Zayn. 22 23.91%
The Bellas being back. 30 32.61%
Corbin/Balor is NOT finished. 34 36.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
didn't Heyman already manage Owens back when Heyman was managing Cesaro and other lovely dudes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

jesus WEP posted:

Remember when Cena’s open challenge was the best part of Raw for the whole of spring/summer 2015 and then he lost to loving Alberto del Rio?

Remember when every 0 heat milquetoast IC/US champ since then has tried to mimic the Weekly Open Challenge gimmick? Oh man Bobby Roode's US open challenges.... I loved when he beat Mojo in the semi finals of a tourney then his first open challenge on the preshow of the royal rumble was Mojo. 8 months later he's feuding with Mojo in a non PPV feud. At least Rollins open challenges have been great.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They did it with AJ and completely botched it because he never had an actually decent length match.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The reason none of the open challenges work is because only Cena is allowed to start them with "You want some? Come, get some!"

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I'm seriously so sad for Steen right now.

I mean, he murdered himself getting Braun over. Just absolute insane 'Kevin you have a loving kid, don't do it' bumps. And it gets blown in one night like a drizzling poo poo, like half an hour before he pulls what looks like a fairly transparent bit of time off then move to Smackdown to get him away from being a threat to Roman's glory.

At least he's getting fat paid, because it's got to suck to know you can do so much better.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Baron Corbin posted:

didn't Heyman already manage Owens back when Heyman was managing Cesaro and other lovely dudes

Nah, it was Cesaro and Axel and Ryback after Heyman turned on Punk.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

drrockso20 posted:

Should we start a pool for this possibility?

maybe, what would the over/under be

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
“Curtis Axel, a Paul Heyman guy” feels like 40 years ago but it was only 2013

WWE storylines age in dog years

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Liquid Communism posted:

I mean, he murdered himself getting Braun over. Just absolute insane 'Kevin you have a loving kid, don't do it' bumps. And it gets blown in one night like a drizzling poo poo, like half an hour before he pulls what looks like a fairly transparent bit of time off then move to Smackdown to get him away from being a threat to Roman's glory.

At least he's getting fat paid, because it's got to suck to know you can do so much better.

its sad when the first response to this angle in most peoples minds is "ok but he really should quit, for real"

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!

Chris James 2 posted:

Booked to be with Dolph until at least early-October

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1034279055779160064

Really heel

:psyduck:

I was at the MCG on the weekend and, of course, they’re advertising this show there.

Why can’t WWE be good when they’re putting on the most spectacular wrestling show my city has ever seen? I just can’t build up any enthusiasm towards seeing this.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Liquid Communism posted:

I can almost guarantee that you are thinking about Owen's career in an entirely different way than he is

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Mulaney Power Move posted:

fyi folks sheetz is actually a gas station

they also have good sandwiches

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sasha and Bayley not blaming Becky
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1034508635982913536

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

becky's still going to be a heel and come thursday road dogg will be tweeting about how he swerved all the marks on social media

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Abroham Lincoln posted:

they also have good sandwiches

They have the second best gas station food after Royal Farms.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Raskolnikov38 posted:

becky's still going to be a heel and come thursday road dogg will be tweeting about how he swerved all the marks on social media

I wouldn't be shocked if Vince thinks Charlotte should be the female face of the company now. I can easily see her getting the Roman Reigns treatment from a push perspective. Unfortunately, there is no midcard title for the women to feud over, so everyone else has to languish/play second fiddle to Charlotte (or Ronda on RAW).

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Endless Mike posted:

They have the second best gas station food after Royal Farms.

You meant to say Wawa but I forgive you

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
The last time Hogan worked a show in Australia a Samoan died so what I'm saying is they should probably keep Hulk away from the continent for Roman's sake

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
Pretty sure the last time Owens did that sweet moonsaut was in his first match against Cena. The move bookends his WWE carreer.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

"Boy, it sure would be nice if I had my briefcase and I could cash it in right now. But I had to give it away because if I cashed it in right now, the two vaguely man-shaped stains on the floor might cause a DQ."

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

"Boy, it sure would be nice if I had my briefcase and I could cash it in right now. But I had to give it away because if I cashed it in right now, the two vaguely man-shaped stains on the floor might cause a DQ."

I'm glad that WWE is breaking their norms and making heels as incompetent as the babyfaces now. :)

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 8 minutes!
Nap Ghost
Braun is going to lose his cash in, btw, thought to save everyone the wonderment.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Y'know, looking on the bright side from a match quality standpoint we should get some bomb-rear end pairings outta this if literally nothing else.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I think there were very few of us who thought he'd actually win his cash in. I think it's more or less set-in stone now.

Then again, WWE flips booking and long-term decisions on the whims of a deranged businessman.

I'm just glad Drew is getting some main event attention after his trudging past with WWE, you go Drew.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Aug 29, 2018

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Phenix Rising posted:

lol no

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Braun will win the title at Hell in a Cell just to drop the more important title (the title he won from the Greatest Royal Rumble) at the upcoming Saudi Arabia show in November to Roman Reigns.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Phenix Rising posted:

:yeah:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Y'know, looking on the bright side from a match quality standpoint we should get some bomb-rear end pairings outta this if literally nothing else.

The Super Showdown match should actually be loving insane in the best way, tbh.

But from a writing standpoint, :jerkbag:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Each pairing will be alright until they beat it into the ground with the same people having the same matches for the next half dozen major shows in a row

There's never any sense of progression or definitive end to anything

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

VJeff posted:

Yeah but the face GM has the briefcase so that can't happen.

Wait I mean the heel GM has the briefcase... but he's got no problem with Roman.

Wait he actually really dislikes Roman and has a history of enjoying loving people over.

..... :thunk:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Each pairing will be alright until they beat it into the ground with the same people having the same matches for the next half dozen major shows in a row

There's never any sense of progression or definitive end to anything

I mean I don't disagree I'm just tryna find something positive to think about right now.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I mean I don't disagree I'm just tryna find something positive to think about right now.

AJ Styles vs Samoa Joe loving rules.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Dean's in the best shape he's been in since the early Shield roid days, and has the best look he's ever had

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

AJ Styles vs Samoa Joe loving rules.

Oh agreed, I meant about that Raw grouping given that it involves like three out of my top five favorite dudes in WWE right now or something in that neighborhood.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Dean's in the best shape he's been in since the early Shield roid days, and has the best look he's ever had

This is also true and he also looks so much stronger. I am excited for his eventual heel turn, preferably on Roman but I'm loving dreaming there.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This is also true and he also looks so much stronger. I am excited for his eventual heel turn, preferably on Roman but I'm loving dreaming there.

Dean: *Spends five minutes running down all the very real examples of Roman being an extremely lovely friend in the last four years*
Roman: yeah well ur a whiny bitch
Dean: :saddowns:

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

DarkstarIV posted:

I wouldn't be shocked if Vince thinks Charlotte should be the female face of the company now. I can easily see her getting the Roman Reigns treatment from a push perspective. Unfortunately, there is no midcard title for the women to feud over, so everyone else has to languish/play second fiddle to Charlotte (or Ronda on RAW).

She's not already? She's a seven time champion and the first woman to hold the modern women's championship, she won the first main roster women's hell and and cell and ironman matches, she ended Nikki Bella's record breaking title reign, she ended Asuka's streak. I'd be shocked if she didn't win next years rumble.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah but the face GM has the briefcase so that can't happen.

Wait I mean the heel GM has the briefcase... but he's got no problem with Roman.

Wait he actually really dislikes Roman and has a history of enjoying loving people over.

..... :thunk:

corbin stealing the briefcase is pretty much their only out now since they clearly dont want braun to win the belt but they also dont want him to lose a cash in like noted loser baron corbin

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I've been tired of the Seth vs Dolph and Drew feud for the last two months or so just adding 3 more people to it is the worst imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

corbin stealing the briefcase is pretty much their only out now since they clearly dont want braun to win the belt but they also dont want him to lose a cash in like noted loser baron corbin

The answer of course will be a no contest in a Hell in a Cell caused after both competitors do some contrived spot that results in them both being stretchered out. IE the Cena/Ryback Last Man Standing finish.

• Locked thread