Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manifisto

instead of driving the carpool straight to work, I take an unexpected left turn, go for a few miles, pull a u turn and come back the same way. my carpool mates ask why, laughing I tell them that from space our route now looks like a dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

artoke

Taking the back roads so I can drive past the Good Sheetz. Not that I will stop, I am but a mere peasant and the mighty Good Sheetz need not be sullied by my presence. I just want to know what I am missing when I shuffle into the Get-Go by work to get my morning energy drink(s). Dare I tempt fate by using the drive-thru? No, not today. One day, I hope, I will be worthy.

Manifisto

the officer seems unconvinced by my arguments that strapping a jet engine to a razor scooter was technically legal because I didn't intend to enter controlled airspace

artoke

If my calculations are correct, this catapult should land me directly in the middle of the river closest to my job. From there it is only a short swim of a commute, not bad at all. Sure, sometimes the current pulls me a mile or so downriver from where I land, but that is nothing compared to traffic.

Manifisto

I've tried different modes of transport, I've tried different routes, it all got boring. now I'm doing different destinations. each morning I commute to a different office building, randomly selected, find an empty desk and start working. I've generally found my co-workers to be extra nice to me because they feel bad about not remembering exactly who I am. except that one middle manager who gave me a lovely performance review and talked about how the quality of my work had been deteriorating, despite the fact that I'd never seen him or been in that office building before that day.

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

"just so you know," I tell my fellow carpoolers after each of them has taken a sip from their coffee, "one of your pumpkin spice lattes has some extra 'spice' in it, by which I mean a large dose of lsd. joe, since you're driving, I suggest you get a move on in case it was yours."

vanisher

Trying to buy lingerie for your car to spice things up is harder than you'd think

Manifisto

artoke posted:

If my calculations are correct, this catapult should land me directly in the middle of the river closest to my job. From there it is only a short swim of a commute, not bad at all. Sure, sometimes the current pulls me a mile or so downriver from where I land, but that is nothing compared to traffic.

vanisher posted:

Trying to buy lingerie for your car to spice things up is harder than you'd think

alnilam

artoke posted:

launching off the top of phantom's revenge for an extra speed boost and riding the coaster car down the mon to work

artoke

alnilam posted:

launching off the top of phantom's revenge for an extra speed boost and riding the coaster car down the mon to work
:eyepop:

Riding a stolen shopping cart down the hill directly in to the cart return to start my shift at the grocery store.

vanisher

Employee: okay, the lace table runners, set of doiley coasters, and the small white window curtains comes to $127.50

Me, desperately trying to rekindle things with my car, pulling out my high interest credit card to pay

vanisher

My car, after catching me checking out the hearse's cute black window curtains, turns on the check engine light to try to get my attention

alnilam

switching to clip-in pedals/shoes for that special intimate connection

vanisher

Me: I don't know, its just not the same experience as when it was new. What's wrong?

Auto Mechanic: When was the last time you just took a drive for fun?

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Wife caught me with a bag of rose petals this morning, gave me a bemused grin which faded as I began spreading them over the driveway

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Doing a shot of Sriracha every time I have to stop at a traffic light

Manifisto

Bacon Taco posted:

Doing a shot of Sriracha every time I have to stop at a traffic light

I like this

variation: strip commute - take off one piece of clothing every time you stop

no getting re-dressed once you arrive @ work

alnilam

instead of walking to work, choosing instead to travel at very high speeds through a sterile grey hellscape full of deadly high speed obstacles, just to put a little excitement back in my life

artoke

Going to try taking the bus. What could go wrong? I only have to get up 3 hours earlier so I can get one bus in to the city, then walk 4 blocks to get another bus back out of the city to get where I am going. Think of all the colorful characters I will meet!

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
My car wants to try a group thing so I've posted a carpool sign up in the breakroom. Not sure I can bear to see anyone else inside her thougj

Dungeon Ecology

i just let loose a burlap sack of hungry weasels in the backseat and pick a 1 hour crinkly plastic ASMR video to put up on full blast. no talking during the commute please

Manifisto

*standing in dakar, waiting for continental drift to take me to my job in charleston sc* oh you take the bus? how quaint, how eco-friendly-adjacent

ty nesamdoom!

Twenty Four

Hanging a new picture up in my hallway to help spice up my work from home commute.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

instead of driving the carpool straight to work, I take an unexpected left turn, go for a few miles, pull a u turn and come back the same way. my carpool mates ask why, laughing I tell them that from space our route now looks like a dick

Drink-Mix Man

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

vanisher posted:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

vanisher posted:

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Turning on the air conditioner to high and announcing to everyone in the carpool I just flipped on autonomous drive and put my hands behind my head confidently :smuggo:

I don't have autonomous drive. I wonder how long I can pretend I do?

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Manifisto

Splatmaster posted:

Turning on the air conditioner to high and announcing to everyone in the carpool I just flipped on autonomous drive and put my hands behind my head confidently :smuggo:

I don't have autonomous drive. I wonder how long I can pretend I do?

lol

as in I actually laughed out loud, holy crap

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Manifisto posted:

lol

as in I actually laughed out loud, holy crap

:)

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
i don't care that you see other people shaving while driving, none of them are using straight razors!

Dungeon Ecology

spice up your morning commute by hitting up the bazaar and trading silks or dyes for cinnamon, black pepper, or cardamom.

alnilam

[navigator from dune voice] way ahead of you

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

[navigator from dune voice] way ahead of you

me, riding an enormous worm to work: the spice must flow!!

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Change of plans this morning, google, set a route for the dick-sucking factory. I'm going to keep my promise by going there and telling them how to do their jobs.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Jolo

Town sets a new rule to spice up the morning drive, every other Friday is "Drive Like We're in England Day"! Wooooohooo

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

alnilam

Jolo posted:

Town sets a new rule to spice up the morning drive, every other Friday is "Drive Like We're in England Day"! Wooooohooo

everyone going around in old timey steam carts wearing aviator goggles and saying "hup hup cheerio mate tallyho! bully" ?

Jolo

alnilam posted:

everyone going around in old timey steam carts wearing aviator goggles and saying "hup hup cheerio mate tallyho! bully" ?

It's nearly the same, only everyone seems just slightly more civilized and proper.

Manifisto

friday is "reverse commute" day

your entire office commutes to your house

in soviet russia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard

Manifisto posted:

I've tried different modes of transport, I've tried different routes, it all got boring. now I'm doing different destinations. each morning I commute to a different office building, randomly selected, find an empty desk and start working. I've generally found my co-workers to be extra nice to me because they feel bad about not remembering exactly who I am. except that one middle manager who gave me a lovely performance review and talked about how the quality of my work had been deteriorating, despite the fact that I'd never seen him or been in that office building before that day.

Yeah that was me lol I thought for sure you recognized me cause drat, nobody can sit straight through that bullshit for so long I thought, and you were stone facing it the entire time too you legend you yeah I don't work there either

• Locked thread