Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DJExile posted:

Congrats to the Rapid City Rush, who in 13 games played so far, already have a league-leading two hundred eighty-one penalty minutes

I fully expected them to be like, 2-10-1 with that many PIMS but they're 6-5-1-1 which isn't that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jesus, that announcer went ballistic

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Hockles posted:

Goalie goals are the best thing in sports. 2nd place is fat guy touchdowns.

You must have loved William Perry.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

I wish Thunder Bay had gotten the Jets AHL license. We had a shot, too. Just didn't happen because we couldn't build a new arena.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Hockles posted:

Saw something new tonight, a Monsters player (Clendening) got an interference penalty for punching a Rochester player in the face while the Rochester player was sliding towards the Monsters' bench.

Clendening was not on the ice for this, he did it from the bench.

That seriously sounds like a gag from Slapshot

I'm no Sens fan but I wish Hammond had been able to make it last somehow. Being a lifer in the minors is tough, I'm glad he got paid at least

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Mar 2, 2019

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NHL's website was just touting him as a goalie to watch, too

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ElwoodCuse posted:

In 2000-01 the Mississauga Ice Dogs won
3 games. They mercifully shipped Jason Spezza to Windsor 15 games into the season

Didn't he demand to be traded?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Tell me about Spencer Knight. I'm hoping Calgary drafts a goalie and either him or Mads Soogaard seem to be the top guys out of those ranked.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pleads posted:

The WHL Saskatoon Blades have just won their first playoff game since *checks notes* April 3rd, 2011, and ended their streak of 3 consecutive series sweeps (wrong side).

2010-2011 (1st seed): Swept second round by PA
2011-2012 (2nd seed): Swept first round by Medicine Hat
2012-2013 (1st seed): Swept first round by Medicine Hat
2013-2018: *fart noises*

What a time to be alive.

For some reason when I lived in Moose Jaw, we always struggled against Kamloops, Regina and Swift Current, but Saskatoon Tri-City, and Brandon were our bitches. Medicine Hat was firmly in the middle (they gave us trouble when the Niedermayers were there, not so much otherwise).

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/hockey-...-220707485.html

What a delightful man.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Let's say you're a top-line forward or player in general in the ECHL. What do you make a year? Around 50-60K?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Boy, you'd better really love hockey or think it's gonna go somewhere for that little money.