Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I can't tell if you're attacking me or YPM, I feel like it's me

:ohdear:

It’s you, I’m unimpeachable and universally beloved (NOT a breadcrumb) hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Hi Eat the rich and anonidiot

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

Gonna say YPM looks fine

Somber looks weird

AA looks p much his normal self here

As such, Bifs vote feels off to me

##vote bif

Would also vote somber out of this exchange

I wanna hear more about what you think you saw somber

See, but did somber see something, I thought that was just part of the joke?

Am I the one who is confused here???

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Somberbrero posted:

He seemed a little coy in response to your pressure. Being new makes sense though.

[in response to my explanation]

Somberbrero posted:

Okay no we are coming from very different places.

I’ll be the first to admit that these follow ups from Somber are a barrel of laughs, but you are the one who is confused friend. Somber thought he saw something.

I don’t know if I buy Somber’s explanation. He said he saw the same thing as me. He then said that he thought the response was coy, which would mean there is nothing in the original post that Somber saw. But I declared my desire for murder right after Anon’s initial post, and anyone who would have been reading anything into me would have thought I saw something in the original post, not any response. I probably didn’t explain that clearly but whatever.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Your Personal Muse posted:

[in response to my explanation]

I’ll be the first to admit that these follow ups from Somber are a barrel of laughs, but you are the one who is confused friend. Somber thought he saw something.

I don’t know if I buy Somber’s explanation. He said he saw the same thing as me. He then said that he thought the response was coy, which would mean there is nothing in the original post that Somber saw. But I declared my desire for murder right after Anon’s initial post, and anyone who would have been reading anything into me would have thought I saw something in the original post, not any response. I probably didn’t explain that clearly but whatever.

OK, I missed where he said he did admit to thinking he saw something. My bad everyone. My reading comprehension is deplorable, but my excuse is that Yami's game was ending.

##unvote

I doubt YPM would be so on the nose if he was scum, and me missing somber's post makes sense of the rest, but does make somber look curious in YPMs place

:thunk:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

This is the weirdest end to jokephase I’ve seen yet. A+ job, AA.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Nah, the real joke is Samafia

Post av combo :discourse:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I get where YPM is coming from now, but honestly I just wasn't reading that closely. It's a fair point and I get now why it looked like I was faking content.

b-minus1 posted:

That's a weird non-sequitur post.

Mr. Humalong posted:

This is the weirdest end to jokephase I’ve seen yet. A+ job, AA.

No comment on anything that's happened?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

What has happened? AA does this at least three times a game, and it seems like a bunch of non-content overall. Bif had a weird response to it, but not much I can do with that until she comes back.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Humalong posted:

What has happened? AA does this at least three times a game, and it seems like a bunch of non-content overall. Bif had a weird response to it, but not much I can do with that until she comes back.

You say it seemed like a bunch of non-content. Is that before I understood that somber did question YPM, or after? or in general? :|

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
##vote humalong

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

You say it seemed like a bunch of non-content. Is that before I understood that somber did question YPM, or after? or in general? :|

After. Seemed like the usual grasping at straws that people do to transition out of jokephase, just extra weird because everyone kinda figured out it was grasping at straws so quickly. You did give us a lot of insight through people's reactions to your misunderstanding though!

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Yeah don't explain yourself or anything, just make a drive by vote.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yeah don't explain yourself or anything, just make a drive by vote.

K

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

b-minus1 posted:

Hey

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mr. Humalong posted:

After. Seemed like the usual grasping at straws that people do to transition out of jokephase, just extra weird because everyone kinda figured out it was grasping at straws so quickly. You did give us a lot of insight through people's reactions to your misunderstanding though!

Maybe some of the resulting discussion was crossed wires, but I felt like YPM made his point against me pretty clear and was surprised that it didn't merit comment.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Somberbrero posted:

Maybe some of the resulting discussion was crossed wires, but I felt like YPM made his point against me pretty clear and was surprised that it didn't merit comment.

Humalong is trying to avoid making connections this early so that when he flips scum we have less to go on hth

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

I would like to murder this man after joke phrase carry on thanks

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Hang on, i mean no disrespect.

It just sounded interesting and that it actually happened.

Its going to be interesting when I murder you

Somberbrero posted:

I'm good enough at making myself sad without hearing about the high school experiences Something Awful forums users, thank you very much.

I see the point YPM is making about anon and I mostly agree. If I remember correctly I think I just like bullying Anon though.

This is the isolated interaction that led me to believe Somb was joking.

That he comes back and tries to explain it really makes me wonder what it is he thought he saw, as mentioned by other players, sorry I'm late to the party.

If somb hadn't come back to explain this bolded bit, I would have 100% taken it as a joke.

Somberbrero posted:

I really thought I'd played with Anon Idiot before. YPM If you knew he was new why were you being aggressive with him?
Deflection.

Somberbrero posted:

He seemed a little coy in response to your pressure. Being new makes sense though.
"Coy in response to your pressure"

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Hang on, i mean no disrespect.

It just sounded interesting and that it actually happened.
I took this post as a joke, but I think all of this could be nipped in the bud once and for all, Idiot, were you being serious here or joking?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Well, I don't think it can be settled so neatly, somb calls what YPM was doing pressure... and we know that's not what YPM was doing (right?)

I feel like somb was parsing that exchange a bit more seriously than need be, but if idiot isn't joking, then he looks funny for overreacting???

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Well, I don't think it can be settled so neatly, somb calls what YPM was doing pressure... and we know that's not what YPM was doing (right?)

I feel like somb was parsing that exchange a bit more seriously than need be, but if idiot isn't joking, then he looks funny for overreacting???

I mean, I was pressuring but in a very ineffective way. I would be hesitant to hold it up as an example of pressuring, because pressuring has a connotation that it was a plan of some sort. It was me fooling around while also being somewhat curious how Anon would react.

It really doesn’t matter what you call it and I’m making a bigger distinction than I need to, I just hate when people do something stupid and then act like they are a puppet master, so I’m trying not to do that here.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

this still makes absolutely no sense

OK, I missed where he said he did admit to thinking he saw something. My bad everyone. My reading comprehension is deplorable, but my excuse is that Yami's game was ending.

##unvote

as admitted now by the man himself

I missed you Moat, but I'm glad to see you must have been on some amazing drugs while you were gone

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

this still makes absolutely no sense

as admitted now by the man himself

I missed you Moat, but I'm glad to see you must have been on some amazing drugs while you were gone

It does though, I further explain it.

He said he saw YPMs point

Then first chastised YPM, about being aggressive since he knew the player was new.

Then admitted he thought idiot was acting coyly wrt a series of posts from YPM, that until he himself explained as pressure did not in any way look like pressuring.

What it all boils down to is that inferring tone is not a good idea. But I still am not sold on the sincerity of the entire series of interactions. Willing to not let this take up more of the day though.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

"Coy in response to your pressure"

I took this post as a joke, but I think all of this could be nipped in the bud once and for all, Idiot, were you being serious here or joking?

I gotta say Muse made me pay attention to him. I've not had a good track record in my first few games so far, and I'd like to survive the first round.

You can trust me to overreact to things happening, and trying to hide it in an improv linda was. I lose the mood something and I'd head for me to tell what's a joke. I'm very dry.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

It does though, I further explain it.

He said he saw YPMs point

Then first chastised YPM, about being aggressive since he knew the player was new.

Then admitted he thought idiot was acting coyly wrt a series of posts from YPM, that until he himself explained as pressure did not in any way look like pressuring.

What it all boils down to is that inferring tone is not a good idea. But I still am not sold on the sincerity of the entire series of interactions. Willing to not let this take up more of the day though.

see he gets a lot more reasonable all of a sudden with a vote on him

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Also, i hate Phone posting.

It's hard. It's hard for me to tell what's a joke.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

I gotta say Muse made me pay attention to him. I've not had a good track record in my first few games so far, and I'd like to survive the first round.

You can trust me to overreact to things happening, and trying to hide it in an improv linda was. I lose the mood something and I'd head for me to tell what's a joke. I'm very dry.

What do you mean made you pay attention to me? And I assumed you were joking when you said that you didn't mean to be disrespectful. What did you think was disrespectful?

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

b-minus1 posted:

hi

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

who put AA and AI in the same game and why didn't they at least bring Rex too while they were at it

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

What do you mean made you pay attention to me? And I assumed you were joking when you said that you didn't mean to be disrespectful. What did you think was disrespectful?

As i said, i've only just started playing their mafia ganes and have always been eliminated in the first round. The memory that stuck to me was when someone dayvigged me for being playful on the forum, even after explaining myself.

When i heard you had a story about how you attended multiple proms i got curious. Then you reacted with wanting to murder me. The only thing i could think of for why was that it must've been a personal story and that i had overstepped somehow. That me asking you ticked you off.

I get the impression that these games get very personal and i can't tell who's joking or who isn't.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Hi are you scum

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

b-minus1 posted:

Hi are you scum

nope sry

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

It’s ok

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Bifauxnen posted:

who put AA and AI in the same game and why didn't they at least bring Rex too while they were at it

*sighs* he's probably waiting for someone to play chess with him. You know how Rex is...

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

:v: maybe we make perfect sense and the rest of you loons are just in backwards banana land

:colbert:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Humalong posted:

hey you, I'm back now, let's hear about how weird I was

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

As i said, i've only just started playing their mafia ganes and have always been eliminated in the first round. The memory that stuck to me was when someone dayvigged me for being playful on the forum, even after explaining myself.

When i heard you had a story about how you attended multiple proms i got curious. Then you reacted with wanting to murder me. The only thing i could think of for why was that it must've been a personal story and that i had overstepped somehow. That me asking you ticked you off.

I get the impression that these games get very personal and i can't tell who's joking or who isn't.

Lol this guy thought I actually pulled off the trope of “girlfriend in Canada in high school”. Jokes on you, idiot, I’m too unlikable to get a girlfriend

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

This is a very tense prom

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Looking at this after the fact justification:

Somberbrero posted:

Please show me the AI posts you were thinking of when you said this:

Somberbrero posted:

I see the point YPM is making about anon and I mostly agree. If I remember correctly I think I just like bullying Anon though.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
No you're not my dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

b-minus1 posted:

It’s ok

u scum?

• Locked thread