Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

It's the big night! You've done it, you've made it through your last exams and it's finally time to graduate high school, but before that it's time for the biggest party you've ever experienced. You've been planning for weeks, you got a new outfit, you worked up the courage to ask that special someone and they said yes. Now it's here and there's nothing left but to have the best time of your young lives. Everyone is here for the same purporse, or so you think. It's time for The Prom.

Welcome to Prom Mafia, a game for 14 players. This is a role heavy, but not necessarily role madness setup. Discord is required for all players and I'll put up a link when the game is ready to go.

Standard Rules

• Days will be approximately 48-72 hours, Nights will be 24 hours. (Weekends count as 24 hours)
  • Lynch will be majority (days can end in a nolynch)
  • Thread will be closed at night
  • No fake day actions
  • No posting after hammer
  • No posting mod PMs
  • No editing posts
  • No outside communication unless your role says you're allowed
  • Once the game starts I won't answer any questions in thread. PM me if you have questions.

I'm using Pod's Anti-Lurker Rules in this game

• If you don't make at least 10 posts in a game day, you will be permanently ON NOTICE for the rest of the game. Tut tut!
  • If you are already ON NOTICE and do not make at least 10 posts on any subsequent game day, you will be FREELY LIGHTS OUT EXECUTABLE the next day. (Your execution will not end the day, but your flip will be posted at the end of the day!)
  • The above rules will be disregarded if hammer happens more than 24 hours before deadline or the game day lasts less than 24 hours (or otherwise based on mod judgment), and will hopefully only be in effect for the first 2-3 game days if you're all good people.

Players
  1. AnAnonymousIdiot
  2. Anomalous Amalgam
  3. b-minus1
  4. Bifauxnen
  5. Eat The Rich
  6. Hal Incandenza
  7. Moatillata
  8. Mr. Humalong
  9. Natural 20
  10. peramene
  11. Podima
  12. Somberbrero
  13. Tommunist
  14. Your Personal Muse

Asiina fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Sep 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I'd like to observe, unless my presence is needed to fill the playerlist.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'll play.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I'm killing KB D1.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Natural 20 posted:

I'm killing KB D1.

This is not a sign up post.

You already did that and have been repaid. :)

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Sign me up

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

This is not a sign up post.

You already did that and have been repaid. :)

Are you talking about an ongoing game SIR?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Of course not.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
did my own loving girlfriend for real not invite me to prom

THIS IS A SIGNUP POST

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

peramene posted:

did my own loving girlfriend for real not invite me to prom

THIS IS A SIGNUP POST

k

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm also taking this as a signup post.

All of my greatest loves are now signed up for this game.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
And me too.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Was loosely associated with some fuckos in the general thread, and am here to be a calm, rational and skillful player in this game, if you'll have me.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I’ll sign up, try playing in 2 games at once again

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
for a good time meet me in the girl's restroom after having a cup of punch and dumping your shithead boyfriend

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Hey look when I said I wanted to "cop a feel" what I meant to say is "I want to cope with my feelings."

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
See av.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That was a signup.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

So... if this is a Prom-themed Mafia game, are the scum going to be the comically lame chaperones that we have to outwit before we get to the real fun and games?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

So... if this is a Prom-themed Mafia game, are the scum going to be the comically lame chaperones that we have to outwit before we get to the real fun and games?

don't help her ruin her own game

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

I've never been to prom. Who's gonna take me

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Wait... Is Town going to be the comically lame chaperones?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Wait... Is Town going to be the comically lame chaperones?

Scumslip ##vote anon

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
hello im bad at mafia but I will still play

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

New question: are we going to be paired up, or are we posting as if we're a couple each?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

New question: are we going to be paired up, or are we posting as if we're a couple each?

I came alone, and am waiting for chaperones to clear out so I can spike the punch.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
ill play as a replacement or if you really need one more person to fill in.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ok I will sign up, but I'm just going to ignore everybody while I hang out with my best friends talking about Mystery Science Theater

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

ok I will sign up, but I'm just going to ignore everybody while I hang out with my best friends talking about Mystery Science Theater

Instant prom queen, imo

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Bifauxnen posted:

are you going alone or would you like to go together?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

peramene posted:

are you going alone or would you like to go together?

*turns beet red and stammers incoherently*

uh.. er... uh... doyoulikeJoelorMikebetter?!

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Sign me up

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I'll be the captain of the basketball team https://twitter.com/BarstoolNewsN/status/1035186553042165761?s=09

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Game filled, role PMs will go out tonight and game will start tomorrow once everyone is in discord.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Pm received

Apparently I'm the zodiac killer???

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

What discord?

Also who'd y'all hire as DJ?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
All role PMs sent. You won't be able to see anything in the discord server until I give you permissions which is fine.

Thread will reopen after everyone has joined.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ99xx_g-dc

It's finally here, the night you've been waiting for. The excitement in the air is palpable. You open the doors to the hall that's been rented out and it's been transformed into a dream. Sparkling lights, flowers, decorated tables, and a magnificent dance floor await you. The music hits you like a wall, drowning out your nervous heartbeat that's been in your throat since early this afternoon. Walking arm-in-arm with your date, you enter your prom, prepared to have the best night of your lives.

Roughly 30 minutes into the evening, after everyone has settled and nerves begin to calm, your principal steps to the front of the room and takes the microphone. He welcomes you all and wishes you a fantastic evening, peppering in not so subtle reminders of rules about alcohol, drugs, and sexual activity. Not a total downer, but he still needs to do his job as chaperone.

It seems his speech is winding to a close and the festivities can continue when there is a flurry of activity from the back of the room. A girl is pushing her way to the front and jumps on the stage. Some of you recognize her as Hannah Davidson, a meek and quiet girl, not that you'd know it from the racket she is currently making.

"I'm sorry Principal Ridgeway, but I just can't do it! He tried to blackmail me, but I won't let him! It was me, I cheated on the SATs! I'm a fraud, but I won't let him make me ruin prom!" By this point other teachers have come onto the stage and take hold of Hannah, pulling her towards the door. "No, you have to listen to me! There are others, they're going to ruin it! Please listen!!" Hannah's protests fade away as she's taken from the hall.

Cautiously, the principal finishes his speech, clearly rattled by the disruption but wishes you all an excellent prom. He leaves the stage to confer with the other chaperones and the music resumes. There are murmurs for a few minutes about Hannah's strange declaration, but eventually the music takes hold and people begin to enjoy themselves. Besides, who would possibly want to ruin prom?

Hannah Davidson, Scum-aligned Cheater was ejected from the prom N0.

It is now D1.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (14): AnAnonymousIdiot, Anomalous Amalgam, b-minus1, Bifauxnen, Eat The Rich, Hal Incandenza, Moatillata, Mr. Humalong, Natural 20, peramene, Podima, Somberbrero, Tommunist, Your Personal Muse

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 06th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 8 hours.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
What's up sluts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
drat. hannah got f*cking owned lol