Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I'm killing KB D1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Hey look when I said I wanted to "cop a feel" what I meant to say is "I want to cope with my feelings."

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
We never really had proms over here.

The best I can think of was the leaving dance at the all girl's school nearby.

It had an ice sculpture shaped like a naked man. You sucked his dick and got vodka in return.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Natural 20 posted:

We never really had proms over here.

The best I can think of was the leaving dance at the all girl's school nearby.

It had an ice sculpture shaped like a naked man. You sucked his dick and got vodka in return.

I mean when I think about it.

We have the "proms" but that's probably different.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Nerd.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
https://youtu.be/-lkZ8aP5p4s

This is my understanding of prom.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Where the hell did this derail even come from.

AI isn't even new?

Like what?

How are you drawing anything from any of this.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I think you're reading way too much into things.

I'm saying somber made a joke, and Ypm recognized it as pressure and questioned the joke in a manner that looked like a scum overreaction

Am I that unreadable?

Ypm:

Your Personal Muse posted:

In reality, I didn’t know he was new and I was just pushing a little bit over nothing. I mean I could tell you it was to see what his reaction was but mostly it’s my shtick to unreasonably demand someone’s death d1.

So I’m wondering, what is it that you saw? Because what I saw was so minor that it’s laughable and certainly did not warrant you jumping on the non existent case.

This isn't exactly responding badly to a player when what they've said makes literally no sense.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Podima posted:

This is also deflection. ##vote somber

Nah, we were all confused, don't buy that it was.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Part of me thinks that Humalong's behaviour is weird, but another part knows that's often consistent with my perception of his play..

##vote Humalong

I feel like even if this is wrong the information generated is good.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

the word "weird" is losing all meaning for me now

You're weird.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

sounding a bit hedgy there Nat, you aren't trying to Jafar someone again are you? :sun:

I hedge everything. Hedging is good.

As are hedges which provide safe spaces for animals to live in.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Hi I tried to kill Bif last night. Action failed.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Bif is in an unconfirmed masonry with me. I'm town which means that if this game is lots of people in unconfirmed masonries of two then there is a high chance (40-60%), assuming a scum team size of 3-4, that she's scum.

Additionally when I woke up to the hammer landing on somber who I was convinced was town, she didn't really justify her hammer beyond not knowing that AI was coming back.

Even in an unconfirmed masonry I'd have expected her to volunteer more.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Why were you convinced Somber was town? Convinced is a pretty strong word.

Because I went to bed prior to around 156 posts or so and as I read the argumentation to the flip I felt that it was more and more flimsy, especially given he wasn't able to defend himself at all.

Broadly it wasn't Somber's words so much as the push on him that I felt was genuinely scum led.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Without giving too much away, could you have tried to kill someone other than Bif?

Yes.

It would have been Somber's mason partner but that wasn't given away yesterday.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Wasn’t Bif trying to murder Hum? Who do you think was scum on the Somber train?

Bif flipped off of Humalong at the end of the night. She's correct in that she didn't have much time left, but reluctant player flipping just in time is usually pretty good cover.

Again, a lot of this lies in basic probability and game assumptions alongisde the knowledge that scum Bif is tremendously dangerous to me personally because it's rare that I ever disagree with her and I'll subconsciously want to believe what she tells me.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Natural 20 posted:

Bif flipped off of Humalong at the end of the night. She's correct in that she didn't have much time left, but reluctant player flipping just in time is usually pretty good cover.

Again, a lot of this lies in basic probability and game assumptions alongisde the knowledge that scum Bif is tremendously dangerous to me personally because it's rare that I ever disagree with her and I'll subconsciously want to believe what she tells me.

To add to this, I suspect it's Hal/Humalong/two others. Humalong because of argumentation yesterday that I buy and Hal because this:

Hal Incandenza posted:

Would you vote somber?

It's the first trigger on the somber switch which happens later. To me it's earlygame scum Hal in that it's just a slight nudge to other more chatty posters to push after someone.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

I don’t buy any of this

You're very welcome to vote me if you need to. I'm VT now so dying makes very little difference in terms of game balance beyond the obvious double ML.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

b-minus1 posted:

How did you attempt a night kill as vt and yes this is a rolefish

Natural 20 posted:

You're very welcome to vote me if you need to. I'm VT now so dying makes very little difference in terms of game balance beyond the obvious double ML.

Take a guess.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

b-minus1 posted:

nat20 if you think bif is scum why haven't you voted her?

She's a good vig but a bad lunch if that makes sense.

From my perspective, I know I'm town and therefore Bif represents 40-60% scum chance alongside a D1 I found suspicious. Expending my vig on that was a good play because I think a vig with those odds is decent enough.

But a lunch isn't the same, you don't know that I'm town so the odds don't weigh the same for you or the rest of time. Additionally I'd want a better confidence interval ideally on a lunch.

Plus other results are coming in and the day is yet to develop.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Why are you assuming scum are in masonries?

At least 3 masonries have been claimed. Me and Bif, Humalong's and pera's. My standing assumption is that a lot of people are in unconfirmed masonries with each other and that it stands to reason that scum are in masonries with town players.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

You don’t think that there’s a chance that scum are completely quarantined from the town masonries?

That would be the most boring game of mafia ever.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Mr. Humalong posted:

I blame only myself for not unvoting so I could hammer myself before Bif hammered the lunch on Somber (who honestly did not help his case by being lurker town but whatever, I’m really not one to talk about people not helping their case).

Nat not using his claimed vig on me to clear all doubt and instead playing some made up statistics is also an odd choice. Wouldn’t be surprised if their masonry is town/scum in either direction. Using a vig on the person who went after me the hardest day 1 just feels like such an odd choice. If there’s a doctor and they think I’m scum and Bif is town I feel like they would probably doc her? Idk, maybe I’m playing out of my depth.

Anyway, I’m working another 16 today so I’ll post when I can. Lunching me at the end of the day once we can get some more discussion might be the optimal play, since until I die scum are just going to coast and use me to distract.

Why would I vig a target that would be easy to lunch?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
12 players on a weekend with a Sunday deadline will do that.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Minus town.

Laughs off accusations.

Doesn't like setup spec.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

b-minus1 posted:

i mean im not opposed to some setup spec, but i would prefer to see reads. the last 24 hours have been very light on content

No I agree, I'm just giving a read on you because you're playing to your town meta pretty strongly this game.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

peramene posted:

I wonder why these aren't in alphabetical order Hmmm hmmmmmm

totally unjustified gut response lol but if b- scum, tomm town; YPM/AA/Pod also scum

lol af at getting scumcucked by hal still tho

And now for "Person who was killed by scum analysis" by Natural20, aged 29.

AA is playing to his meta of absolutely incomprehensibly insane.

YPM has been asking question that tend to be in line of my perception of him.

Pod.

Caveat, I think Pod is scum in every game I play. (Even games where I am scum)

Podima posted:

Been at a wedding all day, back home tomorrow so here are some hot takes:

- Nat trying to shoot Bif ostensibly based on cold statistics instead of an actual read is frustrating but I’m willing to buy his one-shot vig claim for now
- Anoni being like this is not a scumtell, that big post of his was good. Won’t vote him.
- Feeling good about Huma today, coming out of yesterday and seeing his stance today related to cutting the Gordian Knot of yesterday’s near tie

Re: Eat The Rich’s dual tracker masonry claim, Asiina has repeatedly talked about a role setup where scum and town trackers are in a masonry together and get shared results, so I’m inclined to look there as a priority today. Even without that bit of meta, two trackers in a 14 person game leaves me extraordinarily suspect that both are town. I don’t know if the track results should be shared yet as they’d just out power roles, aside from obviously tracking people to the kill.

What do people think of asking Eat The Rich’s mason partner to reveal themselves? Also, is anyone willing to claim being Somber or pera’s mason partner? I’m unconvinced as to how helpful it would actually be but one never knows.

Two things result: First lowkey shade on the idea that I vigged purely for statistics when that's not the only thing I wrote and it should be super obvious as to why in particular I might perceive an unconfirmed masonry with Bif as more threatening than a generic one.

Secondly and more importantly "Feel good about humalong."

Let's examine what humalong's had to say today:

Mr. Humalong posted:

Worked a 16, just got home. I’m caught up on the thread so far but I’m way too tired to post anything meaningful beyond:

AnonIdiot didn’t want to vote for Somber because “they seemed town” and “didn’t want to ruin his game killing him day 1” yet was completely fine ruining my game by killing me day 1 after multiple people switched off of me and felt I’m town (which I am). Where is the logic here?

##vote AAI

This gets brought up and rescinded effectively later but it broadly makes no sense beyond an attack on AI for language that's a little weird. It's odd to criticise someone for not wanting to vote a target that was subsequently confirmed town.

Mr. Humalong posted:

I blame only myself for not unvoting so I could hammer myself before Bif hammered the lunch on Somber (who honestly did not help his case by being lurker town but whatever, I’m really not one to talk about people not helping their case).

Nat not using his claimed vig on me to clear all doubt and instead playing some made up statistics is also an odd choice. Wouldn’t be surprised if their masonry is town/scum in either direction. Using a vig on the person who went after me the hardest day 1 just feels like such an odd choice. If there’s a doctor and they think I’m scum and Bif is town I feel like they would probably doc her? Idk, maybe I’m playing out of my depth.

Anyway, I’m working another 16 today so I’ll post when I can. Lunching me at the end of the day once we can get some more discussion might be the optimal play, since until I die scum are just going to coast and use me to distract.

And this pityparty about wanting to die to prove a point isn't exactly the most persuasive thing about Humalong being town, or honestly that helpful in terms of reads.

Beyond that there are just oneliners of little value.

The point I'm trying to make here isn't so much on whether Humalong is scummy. (imo he is, we should lunch him and my vote is going there absent compelling evidence) But how exactly is Humalong acquitting himself so much better than yesterday in Pod's mind?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
##vote Humalong

Nothing has changed imo since yesterday and this flip will be enlightening.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
##unvote

I understand.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Okay, I'm about to head to bed and this whole multi tracker thing is heating up.

I'm going to rest my vote on someone I thought was scummy at day start for read reasons.

##vote Hal

I'll be around for a bit but unless there's something compelling elsewhere this is where my vote will stick.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

I WAS RIGHT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah, it was frustrating to be going in more active than my last scum game and be getting some good town cred but not have that matter really! But spinning my yandere story was fun :cheeky:

I'm just a more adorable Yandere obviously.

• Locked thread