Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

ok I will sign up, but I'm just going to ignore everybody while I hang out with my best friends talking about Mystery Science Theater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

peramene posted:

are you going alone or would you like to go together?

*turns beet red and stammers incoherently*

uh.. er... uh... doyoulikeJoelorMikebetter?!

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Who invited a murderer to prom? Is this one of those proms?

who doesn't want to murder everybody in high school

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

I had a Sailor Moon lunchbox in high school, cause gently caress you I don't care if I'm not 7 anymore look at this awesome bright pink Sailor Moon lunchbox I'm taking it to school motherfuckers

except translate that for when I didn't swear a lot yet

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

Natural 20 posted:

It had an ice sculpture shaped like a naked man. You sucked his dick and got vodka in return.

oh wow you managed to post something about dicks that Asiina can't go "hot" at

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

omg first no murders now no dicks

##vote B-

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

lol I was just wondering why Pod wasn't spectating, I forgot he was actually playing for once

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

pera are you rolefishing

you have NO IDEA how hard it's been to not actually reply to your post

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

I take it joke phase has ended? Always with something innocuous too. Unfortunately, I find it strange that you feel a need to come up with an explanation like this to a minimal amount of pressure from somber. It didn't even seem like he was all that serious.

*sips from definitely normal punch*

funny you read this whole thing and came away with the total opposite read I did, good old AA

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

wait so AA, you thought the totally normal-sounding words Somber wrote about seeing some point was a joke, but you didn't think all the random gibberish about wanting to murder someone was a joke

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

ok but what bit is the Somber joke

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

The bolded bit in the original post I made

the bit about bullying I could see as a joke, but YPM was also responding to the bit about "I see your point".

And YPM was responding to Somber agreeing with him by saying he saw a point, to then pressure Somber about what the hell point he saw, so how is that supposed to be YPM responding weird to Somber's pressure? What pressure are you even talking about?

##vote AA

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

See, but did somber see something, I thought that was just part of the joke?

Am I the one who is confused here???

this still makes absolutely no sense

OK, I missed where he said he did admit to thinking he saw something. My bad everyone. My reading comprehension is deplorable, but my excuse is that Yami's game was ending.

##unvote

as admitted now by the man himself

I missed you Moat, but I'm glad to see you must have been on some amazing drugs while you were gone

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

It does though, I further explain it.

He said he saw YPMs point

Then first chastised YPM, about being aggressive since he knew the player was new.

Then admitted he thought idiot was acting coyly wrt a series of posts from YPM, that until he himself explained as pressure did not in any way look like pressuring.

What it all boils down to is that inferring tone is not a good idea. But I still am not sold on the sincerity of the entire series of interactions. Willing to not let this take up more of the day though.

see he gets a lot more reasonable all of a sudden with a vote on him

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

who put AA and AI in the same game and why didn't they at least bring Rex too while they were at it

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

Mr. Humalong posted:

What has happened? AA does this at least three times a game, and it seems like a bunch of non-content overall. Bif had a weird response to it, but not much I can do with that until she comes back.

hey you, I'm back now, let's hear about how weird I was

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

Somberbrero posted:

No you're not my dad.

##vote somber

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

B- apparently sounds like drunk me

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

b-minus1 posted:

Sometimes you just gotta laugh 😂

But for real I’m still waiting for etr to contribute (and yes I’m aware I haven’t done much excep agree with others at this point).

I'm also wondering where pera's got to, she hasn't shown up to do anything more besides the setup spec.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

Podima posted:

:hmmyes: but also AA does this kind of nonsense literally every game.

I know that all too well, but he still needs a kick in the butt to get him to start making sense and explaining himself.

It really surprised me that Moat and Hum had a problem with me voting AA when I was poking at something especially strange. If they think I'm scum after an easy target that's one thing, but they both just vaguely called it "weird". I think Hum looks worse outta those two though, since he seems to just be weakly tagging along after Moat broke the ice on trying to push me.

Mr. Humalong posted:

I wanted more from her in light of AA realizing he was confused about things. I got that from her, so I’m good.

and now he's backing off when it doesn't seem to be getting traction... I'm not sure what all I really did that was any less weird all of a sudden?

I'd vote Hum here but there's others already on his case, I wanna make sure Somber doesn't just blow off all the questions headed his way.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

ok lol I went back to check all my posts since I voted AA to see what must have given Hum this change of heart. Since the AA vote, I:

- reiterated how AA makes no sense, along with a disparaging remark about Moat who dared to vote me

- said how AA sounds more reasonable now after he got my vote on him

- random comment grumbling about AA and AI that didn't have any casing or anything

- me bugging Hum to explain how he thinks I'm ao weird

- voting Somber with no other comment, in reply to his refusal to answer questions

- brief comments on B- sounding like drunk me, and on pera for lurking

Hardly anything that I would consider an appropriate amount of "more" to satisfy Hum, if he honestly thought my vote on AA was suspiciously weird

ok gently caress waiting for Somber

##vote Hum

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

Mr. Humalong posted:

That’s the problem, you’ve created your case

So your entire case against me is predicated on you believing you are such a fearsome mafia player that you made AA scared because he had a single vote on him?

uh no

it's that YOU got scared

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

if you find it laughable that AA should back down in fear from that one vote on him, then that just goes to show how weak my content was following my AA vote! Why did you suddenly think my posting was good and that you were satisfied as "seeing more from me" then?

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

ok to try and clarify my case on Humalong while we're waiting here, this is the rundown:

I complain about AA's posts not making sense and drop a vote.

Moat thinks it's "off" and votes me. (sorry Moat, I just noticed it was AA himself who first called me "being weird about it", not you. I do find this to be an important distinction because 1. who could actually find me voting AA more weird than that whole debacle, and 2. "off" implies more like you're wary of some dubious intent, instead of just throwing generic shade around like "that's weeeiiird")

Hum echoes that my response is weird, doesn't bother voting me though, says he's gotta wait and see, etc, basically a much wishy-washier version of Moat.

After I wake up I only make a few posts on the AA topic before Hum weighs in again. But they're nothing that extrapolates or develops my case at all, it's mostly just scoffing at Moat and Hum really

As soon as Pod starts trying to press him on it though:

Podima posted:

What was weird about Bif’s response and why does she need to be present for you to address it? Her reaction seemed pretty typical in response to AA going off the reservation.

It turns out that somehow, my few scant posts managed to convince Hum that I was all good now, so he didn't need to bother explaining what was weird at all:

Mr. Humalong posted:

I wanted more from her in light of AA realizing he was confused about things. I got that from her, so I’m good.

I look back at my post history wondering what I had even posted "in light of AA realizing he was confused about things", cause I sure didn't remember anything notable, turns out it was pretty much nothing so I vote Hum for bullshit

Hum acts like this case on him is somehow dependent on my opinion of myself or AA, I don't even know how this is supposed to logically follow:

Mr. Humalong posted:

That’s the problem, you’ve created your case

So your entire case against me is predicated on you believing you are such a fearsome mafia player that you made AA scared because he had a single vote on him?

I hope it now makes more sense.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

the word "weird" is losing all meaning for me now

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

Natural 20 posted:

I feel like even if this is wrong the information generated is good.

sounding a bit hedgy there Nat, you aren't trying to Jafar someone again are you? :sun:

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

I was just wondering when to expect Hum back, and since he didn't post while I was asleep, looks like he might not be around till right near deadline

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

I nominate Gehn for prom queen

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

I did see that, and had two problems with it:.

1 - just remembering I'm aggressive and then changing your mind is totally different from seeing me post something that made you change your mind cause you got more from me

2 - you forgot I'm insanely aggressive? hahaha

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

man is this all, I was waiting for the usual D1 thing that always fuckin happens when the person who does the most scummyass stuff to get themselves lunched claims they're the cop

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

Mr. Humalong posted:

How are they different? I saw you post more and remembered your play style.

well it sure sounded like you were implying I'd done something in the meantime to change your mind. You also used that answer to dodge Pod's direct question of what made you think I was weird in the first place. This "oh I iust remembered she's aggressive" stuff seems more like backing off when everyone didn't just agree I was super weird.

And then when I brought up how little I'd posted about AA to change your mind, instead of correcting this misunderstanding you're claiming it is now, you went off on some total derail to mischaracterise my case on you:

Mr. Humalong posted:

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

Moatillata posted:

He said he liked my bif vote and commented that the best way to find her alignment is to push her and see

this sounds like just shifting around his justification again, he sure didn't say anything like that here in the thread about him just trying to poke me for reactions

and I gotta quote this post yet again:

Mr. Humalong posted:

his first reaction to me actually casing him wasn't to clear up this huge misunderstanding of how he just remembered my playstyle and changed his mind, it was to defensively react to my case by trying to reframe it as something completely nonsensical.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

I'm fine with voting Somber but come on how many times to I need to requote this poo poo

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

how weird!

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

Moatillata posted:

It's true i told him the story of hidden temple bif

I thought you only got lunched after you twigged on that I was scum though, not after you'd been supporting me!

but yeah that was my best scum game ever

Anyway I'm here so I can switch to Somber if needed before deadline. He's also a solid choice.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

omg I just remembered now how I got the last scumhammer vote of the game, going all "win with Podima" gently caress Hidden Temple was such a good game

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Wait... What do you mean by transgressions?

what the gently caress dude, vote somebody ffs

efb three times over

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

omfg

ok I got a Somber hammer vote queued up but I wanna see if AI does loving anything

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

ok then

##vote Somber

Your Personal Muse posted:

I would vote AAI

it can wait till tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

HOPE IS BACK, BABY
(GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS)

Natural 20 posted:

Bif is in an unconfirmed masonry with me. I'm town which means that if this game is lots of people in unconfirmed masonries of two then there is a high chance (40-60%), assuming a scum team size of 3-4, that she's scum.

Additionally when I woke up to the hammer landing on somber who I was convinced was town, she didn't really justify her hammer beyond not knowing that AI was coming back.

Even in an unconfirmed masonry I'd have expected her to volunteer more.

what the gently caress, it was five minutes to go, AI had come back, and all he did was stuff around saying he didn't want to vote Somber. He sure didn't say he wanted to vote Hum instead. I hammered after he showed up showing no intention of doing anything reasonable in the next five minutes.

And like hell I should get killed off on N1 just for the odds instead of an actual read

• Locked thread