Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

hello im bad at mafia but I will still play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

I didnít like Hannah anyway tbh

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

Bryan told Susan who told Martha who told me that Hannah was totally basic.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

I went to six different proms because my girlfriend was from Canada you wouldn't know her.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

That deserves an explanation. If only cause it sounds like a fantastic story.

I would like to murder this man after joke phrase carry on thanks

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

Moatillata posted:

Why wait, be the change you want to see in the world

Joke phase is v. important and I will not sully its name but if you give me a gun I will murder that man

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Hang on, i mean no disrespect.

:ohdear:

It just sounded interesting and that it actually happened.

Its going to be interesting when I murder you

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

b-minus1 posted:

uh, i don't.

look at this nerd

where's my freaking gun

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

Strangely I went around accusing people of being the informed minority and trying to murder them

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

I'm good enough at making myself sad without hearing about the high school experiences Something Awful forums users, thank you very much.

I see the point YPM is making about anon and I mostly agree. If I remember correctly I think I just like bullying Anon though.

What point? I said I wanted to murder Anon and nothing else. And how can you have any real history of bullying a guy with one game

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

how do you respond to the allegations that you should be dead

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

I respond by saying that this isn't some episode of Degrassi.

Unless you're wanting something else from me...

your death

you knowmany people say that ananonymousidiot should die

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

Moatillata posted:

We should also kill bee movie and tired mortiz for sure

Also tpink if he is in this game

Hell, even if he isn't

I'm not allowed to be mean to B because he thinks that I hate him so I kindly request that we murder him last

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

...uhhh.... that sounded like you think i want to die...

Am i understanding this right?

look I'm just reporting the facts many smart people, you know my friend that I played golf with, rich guy, he always tells me a story. he says "you know, i'm german, im a citizen, but I can't vote. How messed up with that? All these other people get to vote but I don't." Its ridiculous right? I mean why can't a citizen vote but these other people get to vote? Anyway alot of people, including my friend, say that ananonymousidiot should be murdered. Alot of really smart people say that.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

b-minus1 posted:

you know i dont hate you haha

well duh everyone loves me, but you think I hate you and as a generous sign of my infinite gratitude, I will murder you last

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

Moatillata posted:

Eat the rich is now on the non murder list bc their name aligns with my personal politics

Iím glad there at least three godless space communists in this thread

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

please don't doxx me like that b

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

I really thought I'd played with Anon Idiot before. YPM If you knew he was new why were you being aggressive with him?

Because Iím a bad person and I want to murder him (many people want to murder him afaik)

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

In reality, I didnít know he was new and I was just pushing a little bit over nothing. I mean I could tell you it was to see what his reaction was but mostly itís my shtick to unreasonably demand someoneís death d1.

So Iím wondering, what is it that you saw? Because what I saw was so minor that itís laughable and certainly did not warrant you jumping on the non existent case.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I take it joke phase has ended? Always with something innocuous too. Unfortunately, I find it strange that you feel a need to come up with an explanation like this to a minimal amount of pressure from somber. It didn't even seem like he was all that serious.

*sips from definitely normal punch*

Joke phase can keep going friend.

Also if you actually read words you can see that Iím trying to figure out where Somber is coming from and seeing if heís ~~manufacturing content~~

Somberbrero posted:

He seemed a little coy in response to your pressure. Being new makes sense though.

His response was good. He didnít even know the original postís problem (which is that he italicized something in joke phase like a loving serial killer)

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

Somber: wow I see the same thing as YPM

Me: but I didnít see anything I just wanted to murder him what do you mean you saw something

AA: AHA! Man I got YPM dead to rights heís flailing under the *checks notes* zero cases heís got against him LOCK HIM UP

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

I can't tell if you're attacking me or YPM, I feel like it's me

:ohdear:

Itís you, Iím unimpeachable and universally beloved (NOT a breadcrumb) hth

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

See, but did somber see something, I thought that was just part of the joke?

Am I the one who is confused here???

Somberbrero posted:

He seemed a little coy in response to your pressure. Being new makes sense though.

[in response to my explanation]

Somberbrero posted:

Okay no we are coming from very different places.

Iíll be the first to admit that these follow ups from Somber are a barrel of laughs, but you are the one who is confused friend. Somber thought he saw something.

I donít know if I buy Somberís explanation. He said he saw the same thing as me. He then said that he thought the response was coy, which would mean there is nothing in the original post that Somber saw. But I declared my desire for murder right after Anonís initial post, and anyone who would have been reading anything into me would have thought I saw something in the original post, not any response. I probably didnít explain that clearly but whatever.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

##vote humalong

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yeah don't explain yourself or anything, just make a drive by vote.

K

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

Maybe some of the resulting discussion was crossed wires, but I felt like YPM made his point against me pretty clear and was surprised that it didn't merit comment.

Humalong is trying to avoid making connections this early so that when he flips scum we have less to go on hth

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

Well, I don't think it can be settled so neatly, somb calls what YPM was doing pressure... and we know that's not what YPM was doing (right?)

I feel like somb was parsing that exchange a bit more seriously than need be, but if idiot isn't joking, then he looks funny for overreacting???

I mean, I was pressuring but in a very ineffective way. I would be hesitant to hold it up as an example of pressuring, because pressuring has a connotation that it was a plan of some sort. It was me fooling around while also being somewhat curious how Anon would react.

It really doesnít matter what you call it and Iím making a bigger distinction than I need to, I just hate when people do something stupid and then act like they are a puppet master, so Iím trying not to do that here.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

I gotta say Muse made me pay attention to him. I've not had a good track record in my first few games so far, and I'd like to survive the first round.

You can trust me to overreact to things happening, and trying to hide it in an improv linda was. I lose the mood something and I'd head for me to tell what's a joke. I'm very dry.

What do you mean made you pay attention to me? And I assumed you were joking when you said that you didn't mean to be disrespectful. What did you think was disrespectful?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

As i said, i've only just started playing their mafia ganes and have always been eliminated in the first round. The memory that stuck to me was when someone dayvigged me for being playful on the forum, even after explaining myself.

When i heard you had a story about how you attended multiple proms i got curious. Then you reacted with wanting to murder me. The only thing i could think of for why was that it must've been a personal story and that i had overstepped somehow. That me asking you ticked you off.

I get the impression that these games get very personal and i can't tell who's joking or who isn't.

Lol this guy thought I actually pulled off the trope of ďgirlfriend in Canada in high schoolĒ. Jokes on you, idiot, Iím too unlikable to get a girlfriend

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

Natural 20 posted:

Nah, we were all confused, don't buy that it was.

Everyone but me Iím v. smart

I hope I didnít scare off AAI. AAI you arenít an idiot come an play

(cue AA voting me for buddying)

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

What do you think of Somber coming out of that whole ordeal

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

He's fine I'd guess, but I wish he'd stop bullying me. I'm getting the impression that he's remembering me from Awful Survivor, since that's the first time I've played with him in anything.

What has Somber done to bully you?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

Your Personal Muse posted:

What has Somber done to bully you?

In this game I mean

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Well, nothing like now, but it seemed like he wanted you to continue questioning me.

I mean, wouldnít I be the bully in this situation?

Do you think Somb was acting in bad faith?

I legitimately will not vote you today and will try to divert the vote from you. I think there are better options today. If you are town, your best option is to answer truthfully so people can get an accurate read of the field.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

Iím actually not saying anything about Somber. Iím asking you.

I donít believe what you are saying. I think you are telling me what you think I want to hear.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

Mr. Humalong posted:

I could also post about YPM seeming confused why AAI thought he was begging for attention when YPM made six or seven posts explicitly stating ďI want you deadĒ directed at AAI. I thought that was pretty weird, but I also knew it was jokephase so I left it alone.

I can see now with the players in this game enjoying jokephase was a huge mistake.

When did this even happen? Where did AAI say I was begging for attention?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

AAI, my read of you is that you are a newbie who is just try to get through day 1 because you want to play. Because of this, you arenít giving real reads. Itís alignment neutral. Just post my dude no one is good at mafia

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

To add on to everyone, Hum refused to get involved with the somber thing, pointedly so. It read like someone who didnít want to make any calls that would confirm someone. In addition, Humís reaction to my vote was a classic example of scum shade throwing.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

I knew AA would find a way to call me scum. Iím proud of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

I didn't find it so much as you showing it to me through your bad posts

:colbert:

Since your current cases seem to be predicated on Hum being town and the entire scum team deciding to go after Hum because heís such a threat, what Hum posts screams ďtown just trying his bestĒ to you?

• Locked thread