Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Was loosely associated with some fuckos in the general thread, and am here to be a calm, rational and skillful player in this game, if you'll have me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

New question: are we going to be paired up, or are we posting as if we're a couple each?

I came alone, and am waiting for chaperones to clear out so I can spike the punch.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

fun fact: i went to four proms because my high school gf went to a different school. :moonrio:

I understand 2, but 4???

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Or did you just go to two separate promos 2 years in a row

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Your Personal Muse posted:

Its going to be interesting when I murder you

Who invited a murderer to prom? Is this one of those proms?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
My high school experience was decent. I was a chubby short nerd years 1 and 2. But then puberty happened and starting year 3 I was a giant nerd who hung out with the would be thespians and made star wars movies.

Much to my surprise... everyone else was getting laid and smoking mad weed.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Natural 20 posted:

We never really had proms over here.

The best I can think of was the leaving dance at the all girl's school nearby.

It had an ice sculpture shaped like a naked man. You sucked his dick and got vodka in return.

I'd probably suck a lot more dick if vodka was nature's payout.

Somberbrero posted:

I'm good enough at making myself sad without hearing about the high school experiences Something Awful forums users, thank you very much.

I see the point YPM is making about anon and I mostly agree. If I remember correctly I think I just like bullying Anon though.

Pffft. Look at this chaperone trying to curb the fun.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

it's actually more like this:

Oh god... hover hands!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

In reality, I didn’t know he was new and I was just pushing a little bit over nothing. I mean I could tell you it was to see what his reaction was but mostly it’s my shtick to unreasonably demand someone’s death d1.

So I’m wondering, what is it that you saw? Because what I saw was so minor that it’s laughable and certainly did not warrant you jumping on the non existent case.

I take it joke phase has ended? Always with something innocuous too. Unfortunately, I find it strange that you feel a need to come up with an explanation like this to a minimal amount of pressure from somber. It didn't even seem like he was all that serious.

*sips from definitely normal punch*

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I take it joke phase has ended? Always with something innocuous too. Unfortunately, I find it strange that you feel a need to come up with an explanation like this to a minimal amount of pressure from somber. It didn't even seem like he was all that serious.

*sips from definitely normal punch*

The bolded bit was also to note that I thought it strange, if you were defending yourself, that you intentionally did the bolded bit.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Granted you've been openly killer-y and I feel like you would prefer a more subtle approach to actual treachery, but then again... you're loud as scum too...

:thunk:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote YPM

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Somber: wow I see the same thing as YPM

Me: but I didn’t see anything I just wanted to murder him what do you mean you saw something

AA: AHA! Man I got YPM dead to rights he’s flailing under the *checks notes* zero cases he’s got against him LOCK HIM UP

Hahah I had a good laugh at this.

Nevertheless, it looks like you admitted to manufacturing content or at least attempted to... admittedly, I've committed the taboo of posting while drinking, but is it really such a crime?

To demonstrate what I saw a bit more clearly:

Somberbrero posted:

I'm good enough at making myself sad without hearing about the high school experiences Something Awful forums users, thank you very much.

I see the point YPM is making about anon and I mostly agree. If I remember correctly I think I just like bullying Anon though.

A joke, right? Fill me in if I'm wrong somb.

What point? I said I wanted to murder Anon and nothing else. And how can you have any real history of bullying a guy with one game

Maybe I can see the confusion on the point part of the joke, but it looked like a "I should respond, but not too awkwardly" crafted response.

So forgive me if I'm the only one seeing that.

WRT your shtick... 👌
If phone emojis don't display that's an ok sign, and by my standards, that's a solid approval.

Still you could be scum. So it is what it is. O made my vote. I'm sticking with it until I see something decidedly more suspicious.

:colbert:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

wait so AA, you thought the totally normal-sounding words Somber wrote about seeing some point was a joke, but you didn't think all the random gibberish about wanting to murder someone was a joke

You misunderstood as always, but I've also come to accept that I talk like a crazy person.

I thought the murder schtick was a joke.

I thought his response to somber was curious

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

ok but what bit is the Somber joke

The bolded bit in the original post I made

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I think you're reading way too much into things.

I'm saying somber made a joke, and Ypm recognized it as pressure and questioned the joke in a manner that looked like a scum overreaction

Am I that unreadable?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Anyhow, I think I still have a valid point, an actual point, and am sticking to it.

It looked like an overraction.

Bif is being weird about it, but this always happens imo.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Natural 20 posted:

Ypm:

This isn't exactly responding badly to a player when what they've said makes literally no sense.

I can't tell if you're attacking me or YPM, I feel like it's me

:ohdear:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

Gonna say YPM looks fine

Somber looks weird

AA looks p much his normal self here

As such, Bifs vote feels off to me

##vote bif

Would also vote somber out of this exchange

I wanna hear more about what you think you saw somber

See, but did somber see something, I thought that was just part of the joke?

Am I the one who is confused here???

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

[in response to my explanation]

I’ll be the first to admit that these follow ups from Somber are a barrel of laughs, but you are the one who is confused friend. Somber thought he saw something.

I don’t know if I buy Somber’s explanation. He said he saw the same thing as me. He then said that he thought the response was coy, which would mean there is nothing in the original post that Somber saw. But I declared my desire for murder right after Anon’s initial post, and anyone who would have been reading anything into me would have thought I saw something in the original post, not any response. I probably didn’t explain that clearly but whatever.

OK, I missed where he said he did admit to thinking he saw something. My bad everyone. My reading comprehension is deplorable, but my excuse is that Yami's game was ending.

##unvote

I doubt YPM would be so on the nose if he was scum, and me missing somber's post makes sense of the rest, but does make somber look curious in YPMs place

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Humalong posted:

What has happened? AA does this at least three times a game, and it seems like a bunch of non-content overall. Bif had a weird response to it, but not much I can do with that until she comes back.

You say it seemed like a bunch of non-content. Is that before I understood that somber did question YPM, or after? or in general? :|

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

I would like to murder this man after joke phrase carry on thanks

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Hang on, i mean no disrespect.

It just sounded interesting and that it actually happened.

Its going to be interesting when I murder you

Somberbrero posted:

This is the isolated interaction that led me to believe Somb was joking.

That he comes back and tries to explain it really makes me wonder what it is he thought he saw, as mentioned by other players, sorry I'm late to the party.

If somb hadn't come back to explain this bolded bit, I would have 100% taken it as a joke.

Somberbrero posted:

I really thought I'd played with Anon Idiot before. YPM If you knew he was new why were you being aggressive with him?
Deflection.

Somberbrero posted:

He seemed a little coy in response to your pressure. Being new makes sense though.
"Coy in response to your pressure"

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Hang on, i mean no disrespect.

It just sounded interesting and that it actually happened.
I took this post as a joke, but I think all of this could be nipped in the bud once and for all, Idiot, were you being serious here or joking?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Well, I don't think it can be settled so neatly, somb calls what YPM was doing pressure... and we know that's not what YPM was doing (right?)

I feel like somb was parsing that exchange a bit more seriously than need be, but if idiot isn't joking, then he looks funny for overreacting???

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

this still makes absolutely no sense

as admitted now by the man himself

I missed you Moat, but I'm glad to see you must have been on some amazing drugs while you were gone

It does though, I further explain it.

He said he saw YPMs point

Then first chastised YPM, about being aggressive since he knew the player was new.

Then admitted he thought idiot was acting coyly wrt a series of posts from YPM, that until he himself explained as pressure did not in any way look like pressuring.

What it all boils down to is that inferring tone is not a good idea. But I still am not sold on the sincerity of the entire series of interactions. Willing to not let this take up more of the day though.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

who put AA and AI in the same game and why didn't they at least bring Rex too while they were at it

:v: maybe we make perfect sense and the rest of you loons are just in backwards banana land

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

That is his standard response to any case or basically anything against him

Tbf, it is a good response, but I thought it was an insinuating laugh.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Eat The Rich posted:

Well I'm drunk and you all look like scum to me

It's alright shug', up for some tennis practice?

:wink:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Humalong posted:

I hate the Awful app.

Use the something awful app named 'Something' if you're on android, heck it might be iOS too.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tommunist posted:

I'm not intoxicated or phone posting (or drunk phone posting) at the current second.

My argument for Mr Scumalong basically comes down to what other people have noted.

in his own words.

Hes just tagging along putting slight doubt/pressure on people without dropping a vote or actually committing to it .

this seems opportunistic, and I think people hopping on hum for that post are honestly grasping at straws.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

lol sorry bud. im still riding around a two month town streak (as well as a two month winless streak :()

or if you're just doing a jokephase thing, then i might as well ##vote mr. scumalong

Jokephase omgus. Neutral.

BUT he's made several posts since that don't actually look for scum or expound upon the case developing on Hum. I don't think it looks good Bee man.

Initial vote. curious.

Humalong is trying to avoid making connections this early so that when he flips scum we have less to go on hth

This was reaction to a somb quote that I found curious. Their entire interaction thus far with the whole joke/not joke thing is really pinging me. I think this is scummy.

The only thing to YPMs credit in the exchange with hum is that hum misrepresented what YPM said.

AI says:

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

I gotta say Muse made me pay attention to him. I've not had a good track record in my first few games so far, and I'd like to survive the first round.

You can trust me to overreact to things happening, and trying to hide it in an improv linda was. I lose the mood something and I'd head for me to tell what's a joke. I'm very dry.

YPM says:

What do you mean made you pay attention to me? And I assumed you were joking when you said that you didn't mean to be disrespectful. What did you think was disrespectful?

Hum says:

Mr. Humalong posted:

I could also post about YPM seeming confused why AAI thought he was begging for attention when YPM made six or seven posts explicitly stating “I want you dead” directed at AAI. I thought that was pretty weird, but I also knew it was jokephase so I left it alone.

I can see now with the players in this game enjoying jokephase was a huge mistake.

I feel like it could be interpreted as misinterpretation, but I also see much more a case for this to be one of YPM and Hum misunderstanding...

Bifauxnen posted:

ok lol I went back to check all my posts since I voted AA to see what must have given Hum this change of heart. Since the AA vote, I:

- reiterated how AA makes no sense, along with a disparaging remark about Moat who dared to vote me

- said how AA sounds more reasonable now after he got my vote on him

- random comment grumbling about AA and AI that didn't have any casing or anything

- me bugging Hum to explain how he thinks I'm ao weird

- voting Somber with no other comment, in reply to his refusal to answer questions

- brief comments on B- sounding like drunk me, and on pera for lurking

Hardly anything that I would consider an appropriate amount of "more" to satisfy Hum, if he honestly thought my vote on AA was suspiciously weird

ok gently caress waiting for Somber

##vote Hum

Can't refute this chain of events or how it read, BUT hum's subsequent response to this post was good.

Mr. Humalong posted:

I thought you throwing a vote down on AA when AA was doing the exact same thing he always does was a touch aggressive. I forgot that you’re always insanely aggressive. There are still multiple people in this game that have yet to post anything beyond a couple one word posts, maybe hear from them (or they never post and they’re lurker scum that’s a possibility) before we start calling scum teams. Still 24 hours left before end of day.

Day 1 is really annoying because it’s this huge jokephase and then suddenly everyone decides it’s not and if you don’t create a case out of thin air you’re scum.

On top of that, I can’t post about the only lead I have (somber) because then I’m “tagging along” or trying to bus my scum partner :rolleyes:
A good and accurate meta assessment to explain his perception of the vote.

---

##vote Bee

his vote looks worst so far.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Would also vote Tomm. I briefly explained before the big post.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

I knew AA would find a way to call me scum. I’m proud of you.

I didn't find it so much as you showing it to me through your bad posts

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

I didn't find it so much as you showing it to me through your bad posts

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

I knew AA would find a way to call me scum. I’m proud of you.

Also overreaction much? I hedged on you and hum because there was a more compelling case in bee and also tommunist. I end my comment on you with the remark that there exists a possibility for it to be a misunderstanding.

Getting nervous?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Since your current cases seem to be predicated on Hum being town and the entire scum team deciding to go after Hum because he’s such a threat, what Hum posts screams “town just trying his best” to you?

You are obviously not reading, good sir, and I shant explain another word until you do so. HARUMPH!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

no argument here. i already admitted that i haven't driven much conversation so far lol. guilty as charged. i do think it's odd that you call my omgus jokevote neutral, but then vote me because it looks the worst so far. did you decide to take a page from my scumhunting playbook about identifying jokephase scumbussing? because i need that page back.

Did you stop reading at the word neutral?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Jokephase omgus. Neutral.

BUT he's made several posts since that don't actually look for scum or expound upon the case developing on Hum. I don't think it looks good Bee man.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

I hosed up the quote here somehow??? it links to the wrong post, but the words are from the right post, it matters not. Way to cherry pick, bee.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

yeah I saw that, did you miss the post where I acknowledged my lack of content?

also, I commented on the humalong wagon (and agreed with you wrt tommunist) 2 min after you made that megapost, which i didn't see before hitting submit

I don't think that admitting a lack of content is an excuse for it. I don't love you any less if it helps lol

The timing of your post is comical, if not deliberate, I will give you that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

peramene posted:

i am now nominating AA to be prom queen

• Locked thread