Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

This is not a sign up post.

You already did that and have been repaid. :)

Are you talking about an ongoing game SIR?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

I had a Sailor Moon lunchbox in high school, cause gently caress you I don't care if I'm not 7 anymore look at this awesome bright pink Sailor Moon lunchbox I'm taking it to school motherfuckers

except translate that for when I didn't swear a lot yet

Adorbs!

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

peramene posted:

like my status if you're in an unconfirmed gay masonry

...a gasonry

I think it should be gaysonry or else it sounds like everyone ate Taco Bell or something

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

This is a very tense prom

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

Speaking of bourbon I forgot to vote. I actually wanted to vote binus or maybe tommunist

but this is really scummy. I should actually have some time to play and make a decision tomorrow.

Kind of a strange post because you certainly could have voted any of these people when you made this post and then changed your mind later, voting is not a one-time decision.

That being said that is definitely a bad post by humalong, very defensive and self-conscious

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tommunist posted:

i would honestly also vote podima because hes a nerd

Yeah this is a forum only for cool jocks, let's get him out of here

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

i question your motivation in making this post because i don't get what it accomplishes. it looks a little like you're just scoring points since you ultimately agree with me.

i don't feel anything is changing before deadline, i should be here to switch my vote if needed. ##vote humalong

I agree with you (and pretty much everyone) that humalong made bad posts. You are also totally not someone who would shy away from bussing a scumbuddy who was looking bad so I'm saying that I think you two are my top scumpicks.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Your Personal Muse posted:

I , Hal Incandenza, nominate Your Personal Muse

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

Just got home from a 12.5 hour shift. Yíall gonna have a lot of egg on your face if you hammer me before I can post something in like 10 minutes.

(Thatís the queue for the actual scum to hammer me)

Hopefully you post tasteful nudes

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

Not gonna vote humalong. Donít think heís scum.

Would you vote somber?

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

Nobody has even gently defended humalong over the last 24 hours, or tried to shift the momentum to another player. Actually itís been a pretty quiet all day. And his posting seems sincere frustrated town pissed about dying d1 imo

I agree this last minute posting feels more townie but earlier he was definitely posting in a scummier way

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

I dunno I donít have a read on him. Why him in particular

Well because heís the other person I havenít like so far

I donít have any opinion of Tommunist I guess I should look at him

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

Because he's the only other one the scum team has tried to make a push on today.

This is more like the earlier poo poo though

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah tommunist has posted nothing of worth, not sure heís scummy but he wouldnít be a loss at this point

Good for ##vote Somber for now though, heís just not playing how I expect town Somber to play (like actually trying to find scum).

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm fine with voting Somber but come on how many times to I need to requote this poo poo

Iíve just moved to more unsure on humalong I havenít forgotten the bad parts

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Moatillata posted:

Has somber gone on the record for any of this

For what? All heís done is claim to agree with a case that didnít really exist, backpedal and then claim he might have reads later but only showed up to snipe at me

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Moatillata posted:

##vote mr. humalong

Oh ho! Weird that he would claim a scummy role to you as scum though

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

You can always vote...

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

just noticed that humalong was the second person to vote tommunist, made just before the vote summary that I posted. still, it is strange that hal singled out somber

later:

Not that strange when you look at my post history before then thatís mostly about Somber.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

Worked a 16, just got home. Iím caught up on the thread so far but Iím way too tired to post anything meaningful beyond:

AnonIdiot didnít want to vote for Somber because ďthey seemed townĒ and ďdidnít want to ruin his game killing him day 1Ē yet was completely fine ruining my game by killing me day 1 after multiple people switched off of me and felt Iím town (which I am). Where is the logic here?

##vote AAI

What? The logic is that there were two choices for him to vote for, one of which he said he felt was town and one he seemingly didn't have as much of a town read on.

The "didn't want to ruin his game" part is silly, but what are you implying, that after people were screaming at him to vote he should have said "nah, screw you guys" instead of voting for the person he felt was more suspicious than the other?

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

"reasons undisclosed"?

##vote AI

Not sure I am following this vote.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Guess it's not surprising you skimmed right past the AI post. Why bother doing a big post like that if you're just going to throw out vague poo poo that shows you've barely even read the game?

It's too much of a pain to quote with that formatting too, but AI said I voted Humalong for "reasons undisclosed."...

What are cases? We just don't know.

I actually read his post and knew you were referring to his case on you, I just wasnít sure why that bit made you vote him. I see you were making a more meta point that he should have understood your reasons if he was really trying

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

A masonry with a scum tracker and a town tracker sounds so asiina

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hmmm I have some doubts about AA after all this

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Eat The Rich posted:

I actually tracked Tommunist to you.

##vote Tommunist

oh this is interesting

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hmmm I have some doubts about AA after all this

Never mind I misunderstood something

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

What result did you get? Did it show me visiting someone? I was told my action was unsuccessful so Iím curious if I was roleblocked or if something else is at play here.

Would you be willing to say who you tried to use your action on?

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sorry I have been pretty busy all weekend and I did most of my chatting with my mason partner instead of here. I admit I haven't been great so far this game. But I'm not the scum, just not focused.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ohhh deadline is sooner than I realized. I'm still suspicious of humalong for some stuff today but my heart tells me his posting is pretty townie. I'm going to ##vote AA now, because I really feel like this is his scum game. He's generally more confident as scum IMO and so far this game he's coming off more self-assured and less of his "I'm so bad at this" town play.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also AAI please come in and post and vote and avoid a repeat of what happened yesterday

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

i have a slight scum lean on hal but not ypm. would rather vote moat or podima.

What is it you see in Podima

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Well shoot I guess the masonry is no fun now. Iíve been pretty suspicious of Pod anyway so ##vote Pod. I was definitely very forthcoming and not scummy at all in the masonry so I really donít buy that is his read on me.

I am a watcher and I tried watching b-minus last night and specifically got ďfailedĒ as a result. So there is probably at least a roleblocker out there too if Pod is really a jailer

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Any particular reason you know of that I wouldnít be able to watch you b-minus

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

When did podima claim jailer/post n1 results in your mason chat? your post implies you think his claim is bs

Never, he just alluded to having a role after I claimed to him

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Podima posted:

You immediately tried to push me in the masonry for killing pera this morning on basis of "well you'd kill a lurker" which is patently not true with how I play as scum, and then dropped it immediately without bothering to bring it up in the thread after I responded.

Why did you choose b-minus as your watch target, Hal?

Because b minus is an action magnet a lot

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Phone died. Tablet.

1. I'm saying it's not impossible, but I will concede the mod meta argument to you
2. Sor

Hal did it fail or did you see nothing

Specifically said my action failed

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

Ok.

So Hal said that he watched "not nat20". You claim that you jailed nat20. I wonder why Hal framed his answer that way, it's almost like he knew something about nat20's night actions (or lack thereof). Is it possible that Hal and nat20 are scumbros?

If I was scum why would I not lie by saying I targeted the person who already had claimed failed action on them, claiming it was someone else only opens things up to questions and eventually being caught out.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

I'm finally free from the dreaded car! I've just caught up to the current posts. I'm not going to wait till last minute. I'm not going to vote podima since hanging the jailor is probably a very bad idea.

I'm going to trust his assessment on who might be mafia. and ##vote Hal

man I feel you now mr humalong

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

ok ##vote AA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Your Personal Muse posted:

We need to consolidate. Iím in and out right now. Is anyone for AA? Otherwise Iíll switch.

Welcome to the party, pal

• Locked thread