Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Come the gently caress on Storm...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
gently caress! NOT BIRD! NOT LIKE THIS!

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
And now Griner has fouled out. If Bird is fine, advantage Storm.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
I guess Griner fouling out doesn't matter at all with Taurasi hitting all the threes the Mercury missed throughout the game.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/its_whitney/status/1034654786279432192

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

She clearly should keep shooting threes based on these past two misses from midrange.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
wowza

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Storm get away with one there. Man.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Holy poo poo the Storm escaped that game. Put them away on Friday.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It's been a couple years since I've checked in on Griner and it's interesting how they've become so committed to posting her.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Both series will have game 3 played tonight. The Dream visit the Mystics in a critical game 3 with the series tied at 1. Elena Delle Donne injured her knee late in game 2, a loss for the Mystics, and her status for tonight's game is still in question. The Mystics don't have to play their star if she's seriously injured since there will be at least one more game left, should the Mystics lose, but Delle Donne was basically the only player that could score for Washington in games 1 and 2. It's a gamble to keep her out, but perhaps even more a gamble to put her back in if there's any doubt to the knee's structural integrity.

As for game 3 between the Mercury and Storm, the series heads to Phoenix with Seattle up 2-0 after posting identical 91-87 victories. Each game featured the Storm going up by as many as 18 points in the third quarter before the Mercury made insane comebacks to almost steal the games. In game 1, the Mercury were within 2 points with a minute left but failed to score again. In game 2, the Mercury saw Diana Taurasi take a hard fall during the crazed comeback, which looked to be an injury as decimating as Delle Donne's was. Fortunately for them, Taurasi stayed in and delivered absolutely incredible three-pointer after three-pointer to tie the game. You really have to watch the highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zidi0tIoc0

These came after the Mercury were 0-14 on all previous three-point attempts. It sent the game to OT, where the Mercury took their first lead since the first quarter. But then Mercury co-star Brittney Griner fouled out, the team somehow lost momentum, and the Storm made a small comeback of their own to win game 2 (also thanks to some... questionable calls down the stretch to say the least). Will we see a game 3 like the first two games where the Storm jump out to a huge lead only to fade down the stretch? Can the Mercury survive going down big again?

Dream vs. Mystics Game 3 starts at 8 PM EST on NBA TV and is followed by Storm vs. Mercury at 10 PM EST also on NBA TV.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Delle Donne is out for game 3. This is very bad for the Mystics.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
And 3 minutes in, Sykes for the Dream gets hurt. Not as big a blow as Delle Donne, but the Dream are already missing McCoughtry due to injury and Sykes is another starting player when uninjured... Hard to see either team beating the Mercury or Storm if all these injuries persist.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Neither team looks like they can consistently score. Been a real ugly back and forth first quarter.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Well, at least with both teams being down a star, we're seeing a real close back-and-forth game. Just a 3 point lead for the Dream at the half.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Good to see Sykes is uninjured.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Now that the Dream have gone on a run to go up 10 it seems impossible for the Mystics to come back.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Big fan of these endless replays of Sykes getting hit in the face

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
The Mystics' air conditioning is literally melting down on the court just like the Mystics themselves

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Holy smokes, someone named Aeriel Powers has brought the Mystics back in this one. Looking like a fun finish now.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
I don't think that dagger by Hayes at the end of the third will count. So just a 2 point game.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Well, that dagger will count.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Come home to see the Storm hold Taurasi to 0 points and somehow down. Well, at least we won't choke this one tonight.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
See, it might be the Mercury that choke this game. Especially if Griner somehow fouls out again. Man, she's been kinda screwed by the refs this series.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
And now Stewart also has 4 fouls. Real interesting direction this game is going with both Griner and Stewart in foul trouble and neither Bird nor Taurasi have scored.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
How in the hell are these the first free throws the Storm have had all game?

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Holy smokes Jordin Canada is fun to watch

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
The Storm are getting destroyed by... Yvonne Turner? Unexpected.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Look, I get that there's a few missed calls, but every other thing the announcer talks about is a missed call. Shut the hell up, dude.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
The Storm can't expect to play like poo poo every 4th quarter and win. Hope this is a wake-up call for them.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Well, that's the dagger. Show up on Sunday, please.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I used to watch the WNBA a lot and this year basically none. I feel bad breaking your running riot posting streak for no real content so: it’s hosed up that girl players get injured so much more than boy players and makes it depressing to watch

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

DeimosRising posted:

I used to watch the WNBA a lot and this year basically none. I feel bad breaking your running riot posting streak for no real content so: it’s hosed up that girl players get injured so much more than boy players and makes it depressing to watch

It is indeed very sad, and on that note...

Game 4 of the Dream-Mystics game starts at 3 PM EST on ESPN2. Game 3 was a close one that ended with a Dream victory, putting Atlanta one game away from the Finals. The Mystics were without superstar Elena Delle Donne due to an injury suffered in game 2, and the loss of her proved fatal in the tight, low-scoring affair. But even in women's sports do you see an abundance of players playing despite injuries, so Delle Donne is back in the starting lineup for game 4 even if she isn't actually 100%. The Mystics absolutely need her for her scoring prowess and rebounding skills since the team simply could not score without her in game 3. We'll see if Delle Donne can put the Mystics on her back and force a game 5.

Meanwhile, game 4 of the Storm-Mercury series starts at 5 PM EST, also on ESPN2. After the Storm won games 1 and 2 by putting up huge third quarters and barely hanging on, the Mercury were able to jump out to an early lead and stay even with the Storm through the third. Then, in the fourth, the Storm once again faded, but didn't have a lead, so the Mercury cruised to a 20-point victory. This was despite Mercury star Diana Taurasi not scoring until the 4th. Both Brittney Griner and Dewanna Bonner picked up the slack and delivered great performances in the game 3 win. On the other end of the floor, Sue Bird didn't score a single point for the Storm, but contributed with 11 assists. MVP Breanna Stewart was held to just 15 points and was limited in time due to foul trouble. If the Storm want to close, they'll have to actually show up in the 4th quarter today, or there will be a game 5.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Well, the Prairie View-NC Central football game is apparently more important than the Dream-Mystics game, so... I guess ESPN+ probably is showing it right now.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
The cowards on ESPN2 have finally shifted to the Mystics-Dream game. Looks like Delle Donne being in has really helped since the Mystics are up 10. But it also looks like neither team knows how to score. I really struggle seeing either team beating the Mercury or Storm.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

just turned on the game, real glad to see Elena back on the floor.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Just saw that della donne wasn't dead

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Katana_Warrior posted:

just turned on the game, real glad to see Elena back on the floor.

Only 4 points at halftime, but she's been really helpful rebounding.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Oh my, Dream have really climbed their way back into this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Still, a 13 point lead going into the fourth. We might just have a game 5, folks.

• Locked thread