Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
This thread will suck, but who cares.

Here's why derails happen all the time. Most people may like to think they have a broad horizon, but it's very narrow on most normal things. Let's talk spaghetti. There's the elite that only uses a fork. I grew up in a family allowing a fork and a spoon. Fork-Only people looked down on me - smugly - with their "empty" plates where a whole bunch of sauce remained. ~16 I said gently caress it and started cutting up my spaghetti, mix it with the sauce and just use a spoon.
I horrified a lot of people. That like, really took an interest in which utensils you use for loving pasta.
I just don't care any more about all those small things.

All that is poo poo. It's occupying your time that could be used for way better thoughts than thinking AND posting about how fuel pumps in your country work.
And most of the time, the derails come from people who have the smallest horizon regarding that thing, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Spaghetti is a name for one of those girls that is straight until wet.

sandwiches_and_ham
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i'm not actually high, but totally exhausted after a 13-hour workday so i guess that counts.

holy christ are humans a retarded species. we literally inherited a paradise planet and turned it into a plastic-filled junkyard stuffed with dying animals and garbage. we probably deserve to go extinct which seems like it will happen pretty soon; hth

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I like to think about why Dr. Steve Brule calls his butt the "Spaghetti House". I think that because he is a peculiar, odd man his poo poo always comes out like spaghetti and that is all he knows.

sandwiches_and_ham
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
gg humans; next map

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
is the old lady who gardens everyday growing nightshade because of the challenge or is she a witch? i bet she makes really good pot brownies

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

sandwiches_and_ham posted:

gg humans; next map
our president doesnt like them because theyre losers

Mukulu
Jul 14, 2006

Stop. Drop. Shut 'em down open up shop.
I get high to stop the train of thought.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
A real life train thats good at thinking

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
ice cream would be nice. i could put maple syrup on it. oh, i have more jalapeno cheese puffs too. this is good music. well, time to post post post!

A Real Hologram
Jun 22, 2018

Moo!
Did you ever think about how molecules are
like... Tiny solar systems?

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

A Real Hologram posted:

Did you ever think about how molecules are
like... Tiny solar systems?

No

Electrons don't orbit the nucleus in a defined path, they exist around it in a probabilistic quantum cloud :mad:

Goddamn Black Sabbath rules

Ligament
Jun 12, 2018
Biscuit Hider
* me envisioning inside of my brain as a 1800's galleon on a peaceful sea with fair winds * The stern captain shouts in his booming voice, "Steady as she goes, lads!"

:hai:

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Breathe in

Breath out

Breath in

Breath out

:siren: you are now breathing manually :siren:

gently caress!

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Hotels are expensive. Do I know anyone in NYC I can crash with when I go there for a wedding in a few months? How can I bring that up in conversation naturally without it seeming like that's the only reason I texted them...

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

why don't we engineer a disease that, you know, heals people

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

bitmap posted:

why don't we engineer a disease that, you know, heals people
there was a computer worm that did nothing but spread and patch the vulnerability it used to get access

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Once when I was high, I couldn't believe that 7th Heaven existed and ran for more than one season. I had to look at the wiki page and it still didn't make sense.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I can’t currently :2bong: because I’m seeking employment (even with my medical card...you fuckers) but my train of thought is usually like:

“Why is it that all the main ducks on the new DuckTales run around pantsless? Everybody else wears pants. Dogs wear pants. Chicken wears pants. Parrot wears pants. Those ducks in the background are wearing pants. Is this some kind of metaphor for class warfare? Man I miss the old DuckTales, there was a far more even ratio of pants to pantsless back then.”

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I don't want to get ready for work ugh

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I just took some zopiclone and im waiting to sleep does that count?

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
why don't people put those little marshmallows in coffee?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Mukulu posted:

I get high to stop the train of thought.

ya same

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
hell yeah, this song is tight

hm, dip down two kay

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

holy christ are humans a retarded species. we literally inherited a paradise planet and turned it into a plastic-filled junkyard stuffed with dying animals and garbage. we probably deserve to go extinct which seems like it will happen pretty soon; hth

I feel this way often.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
why did I decide to go into environmental science. humanity sucks. the best case long term scenario for any environmental preservation efforts at this point is just to prolong the existence of humanity. hoo boy.
in terms of improving life on earth as a whole we're better off going extinct and letting nature recover without us

in summary

:hmmyes:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Luvcow posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDol8NEFsjM&t=16s

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

If a goat met a giraffe, it would look really funny if the goat tried to climb on the giraffe's back and hang out up there like they do with horses.

Then I searched Youtube for "goat meets giraffe" to see if giraffes and goats get along:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcHDgyd8CX4&t=141s

lol

cardiacarrest123
Apr 10, 2016
*jerks off weirder and harder than when sober*

cardiacarrest123
Apr 10, 2016
I haven’t been stoned in a really long time due to marriage and career and holy poo poo I miss getting blazed with the crew

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

once you jo while stoned, jackin it sober is just never the same

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

I just took some zopiclone and im waiting to sleep does that count?

I had some of those once and drank a bunch of beer and things got weird

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

once you jo while stoned, jackin it sober is just never the same

Gateway tug.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Gaunab posted:

Once when I was high, I couldn't believe that 7th Heaven existed and ran for more than one season. I had to look at the wiki page and it still didn't make sense.

barry watson was hot

also to this day seventh heaven is the only thing i've ever seen jessica biel in

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

YeahTubaMike posted:

barry watson was hot

also to this day seventh heaven is the only thing i've ever seen jessica biel in

Ok...I just wanna say...Ruthie was mixed.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I have the chorus to the song Stage Fright but The Band stuck in my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTbX_XYo6xI

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

Luvcow posted:

Jesus, you’re right!

Marijuana, you did it again!

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
Hey now that pot is legal in most of the states is it still probateable to post under the influence? Im super baked right now and I really should get the answer before pressing post but you know what? gently caress you.

p o s t n in th e9 0s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

i am vERY ATTRACTIVE

• Locked thread