Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

What is the difference between Uncharted Nate Drake games and Lost Legacy, anyway? Uncharted games are linear so when it comes to differences in "scope" is that just length? Is LL just a shorter game but otherwise the same thing?

Edit: Other stuff from the post.

quote:

a war between an energy corporation and a high-tech criminal army has broken out. Miles’s new home in Harlem is at the heart of the battle

Nice. A more developed Harlem section of the city and hopefully also they included the part of Manhattan north of Harlem that didn't exist in the game?
Energy corporation I would guess is either Roxxon or Alchemax.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jun 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Lost Legacy is shorter and mainly takes place in a couple locations in-universe as opposed to Drake going all around the world. It's generally the same thing, just the stakes are a bit lower.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Yeah, the big difference between Lost Legacy and the mainline games is length (9 chapters vs 22ish), and LL takes place pretty much entirely in one setting while the others tend to hop around.

Also, update: Thanks to this thread's relentless bullying I finally watched Into the Spiderverse last night. I thought it was good, though I wouldn't say I loved it. Not sure if it would crack my Top 3 Spider-Man Movies of All Time list, though it would be close. I can imagine if I saw it when I was younger I probably would have liked it a lot more.

I did like Miles a lot in it, though, so that increased my excitement for the new game (though I was already pretty hyped for it).

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If Uncharted 4 is an entire tabletop campaign, Lost Legacy is a one-shot session that you do in a single sitting.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
SPOILER: the high tech criminal army is the NYPD

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Riven posted:

SPOILER: the high tech criminal army is the NYPD

It'll be like the 90s animated series where they couldn't show anyone firing bullets so the cops had Moonraker laser guns.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

If Miles is now living in Harlem I'm guessing that means they won't be adding other boroughs of the city. Wouldn't make a ton of sense for the game to be shorter in length but have a significantly bigger map. They would also probably tout a bigger map as a major selling point and they haven't.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Miles living in Harlem so they don’t have to make Brooklyn seems particularly lazy.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

The_Doctor posted:

Miles living in Harlem so they don’t have to make Brooklyn seems particularly lazy.

Eh, Peter has historically lived in Queens, but they typically manage to find a way to keep all of his family interaction on Manhattan in these games. Ignoring the other boroughs is basically tradition at this point.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Unless they just include a sliver of it or something, Brooklyn is not some minor addition. Manhattan is by far the smallest of the NYC boroughs and we didn't even get the full Manhattan in the first game.

ShakeZula posted:

Eh, Peter has historically lived in Queens, but they typically manage to find a way to keep all of his family interaction on Manhattan in these games. Ignoring the other boroughs is basically tradition at this point.

He tends to live in Queens only when he is starting out. From college onward he almost always lives in Manhattan.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I don't really know if this is even worth spoiling by now but on reflection it's seems very odd that everyone suggests Miles take a job at a place founded by the man who effectively killed his father, and a good few other people right in front of him, as a form of therapy.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Caidin posted:

I don't really know if this is even worth spoiling by now but on reflection it's seems very odd that everyone suggests Miles take a job at a place founded by the man who effectively killed his father, and a good few other people right in front of him, as a form of therapy.

Spoilering too just to be on the safe side:

Nobody knew Li was in charge of the Demons when they suggested he volunteer at FEAST, right? At least, I seem to remember that not being found out until after Miles came onto the scene. And regardless, while Martin Li might have been a monster, that doesn't mean FEAST had to suffer. Everything in the game points to the organization being an entirely legitimate charity, and unless Li was secretly shaking down the homeless people staying their for the 32 cents they had to their names, it's not like Miles working there benefited Li in any way.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

serefin99 posted:

Spoilering too just to be on the safe side:

Nobody knew Li was in charge of the Demons when they suggested he volunteer at FEAST, right? At least, I seem to remember that not being found out until after Miles came onto the scene. And regardless, while Martin Li might have been a monster, that doesn't mean FEAST had to suffer. Everything in the game points to the organization being an entirely legitimate charity, and unless Li was secretly shaking down the homeless people staying their for the 32 cents they had to their names, it's not like Miles working there benefited Li in any way.

I think they all knew by then, Miles sees him right there in the aftermath of the bombing and Peter sees him right the before explosions even if he can't direct Yuri to meaningful evidence right away. By the time Miles takes his walk to his first day there Li is a wanted man and Sable guards are hassling people for any signs of him. It's hardly a deal breaker for the story or anything but it just seems a bit of an hmmm moment.

Edit: Ha, there still pictures of Martin up in the cafeteria too.

Caidin fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jun 20, 2020

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I'm not super up on my Miles lore, how does he get webshooters? Raimi-style spider mutation, finds one of Peter's rooftop stashes, independent invention?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

McSpanky posted:

I'm not super up on my Miles lore, how does he get webshooters? Raimi-style spider mutation, finds one of Peter's rooftop stashes, independent invention?

He eventually meets Aunt May and she passes them on to him.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

McSpanky posted:

Originally I think he got them from that lady Pete clone but once he got edited into the main universe I think Peter just gave him a set. He mostly gets his web fluid from his bud Ganke since chemistry apparently isn't one of Miles strong suits.

^^^
Or it was Aunt May!

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Not only was it Aunt May who gave it to him in Ultimate Marvel, Peter came back from the dead to stop Goblin who also came back from the dead (because the experiment that created both of them made them immortal or something and they were both just chilling out while they healed??) and he showed up and kicked Miles' rear end for "stealing" his web shooters.

Then he realized that oh hey, this guy is actually pretty awesome so he gave them back, told Miles that he's the new Spider-Man, took MJ and just drove off into the sunset forever.

Oh and they both stopped Goblin, if I remember correctly.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I think a nice setup from the DLC could be Peter and MJ do take that vacation they mention, which can give them a reason to be out of the city.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ThermoPhysical posted:

Not only was it Aunt May who gave it to him in Ultimate Marvel, Peter came back from the dead to stop Goblin who also came back from the dead (because the experiment that created both of them made them immortal or something and they were both just chilling out while they healed??) and he showed up and kicked Miles' rear end for "stealing" his web shooters.

Then he realized that oh hey, this guy is actually pretty awesome so he gave them back, told Miles that he's the new Spider-Man, took MJ and just drove off into the sunset forever.

Oh and they both stopped Goblin, if I remember correctly.

God I hated this

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

It was dumb because while there was probably always going to be some- Miles meets Pete and gets his blessing moment they’d already done it a few months ago with the main continuity Pete.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pretty much the entire point of it was "the Ultimate universe is ending and I'd rather give Ultimate Peter some kind of positive sendoff before everything goes down." The ended up showing the Ultimate Universe is out there still just no longer being published so it was a backhand way to give some form of Peter Parker a happy ending.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

My biggest wish for MM is an overhaul (or hell, even outright removal) of the random crimes system. They are way too repetitive and not even fun at a baseline level, let alone when you've done the same crime five or six times. They need to add a lot more variety to the crimes or make them much rarer, because getting crime tokens (or, God forbid, getting the Platinum trophy) in Spider-Man PS4 was really boring.

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jun 20, 2020

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

JordanKai posted:

My biggest wish for MM is an overhaul (or hell, even outright removal) of the random crimes system. They are way too repetitive and not even fun at a baseline level, let alone when you've done the same crime five or six times. They need to add a lot more variety to the crimes or make them much rarer, because getting crime tokens (or, God forbid, getting the Platinum trophy) in Spider-Man PS4 was really boring.

Swinging around a completely empty New York is not actually much more fun, a problem previous Spider-Man games had. You can stop crimes if you want to but don't have to which is a better overall mix.

"They should remove this because the Achievement isn't fun to get" is absolutely not something that should be a factor because tons of achievements for fun mechanics are lovely because more achievements are badly designed in general.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

ImpAtom posted:

Swinging around a completely empty New York is not actually much more fun, a problem previous Spider-Man games had. You can stop crimes if you want to but don't have to which is a better overall mix.

"They should remove this because the Achievement isn't fun to get" is absolutely not something that should be a factor because tons of achievements for fun mechanics are lovely because more achievements are badly designed in general.

You also need to collect crime tokens for gadgets, suit upgrades, and costumes, so if you don't stop crimes you're hamstringing yourself. And I think even stopping just a handful of crimes is already too much because of how boring and samey they are. They definitely need to do something with them because as it stands they're just not good.

I just used the Platinum trophy as an ultimate endpoint because the amount of crimes you have to stop to get it (and the underwear spidey skin) is obscene. Crimes become unbearable long before that, in my opinion.

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jun 20, 2020

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Spider-Man is the only platinum trophy I have ever gotten and I enjoyed it the whole time, street crimes included. I too wouldn't mind having more variety, but I certainly didn't get bored of the game.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ImpAtom posted:

I think there's a happy medium to find because a lot of people found getting 100% in a district or getting the plat tedious because if you don't spend a bunch of spare time over the course of the first two acts getting them all then at the end of the game it means you're just swinging around in circles waiting and hoping for the remaining crimes you need to pop up and repeating that for each incomplete district. I was fine everything before the end of the game just cuz I wanted to be maxed out.

As for the crimes themselves half of them I skip. Kidnappings and traffic accidents are just boring after a few of them. The pure combat ones I can keep doing and while I usually skip crimes that start with car chases it's not too bad if a drug deal ends up turning into one.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Imo it should have random crimes where it's got just 1 to 2 people doing a mugging so you can casually web them to walls while swinging by for maximum Spidey-ness.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I actually dig the late game combat hellhole where every intersection has a gang of baddies squatting on it and the rooftops are making GBS threads rockets and sniper fire, but I think most people got pretty fatigued by that. If the Miles game is shorter I wonder if they'll ramp up up the cities aggression faster, start at a higher level or just not get as bad as all that.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Caidin posted:

I actually dig the late game combat hellhole where every intersection has a gang of baddies squatting on it and the rooftops are making GBS threads rockets and sniper fire, but I think most people got pretty fatigued by that. If the Miles game is shorter I wonder if they'll ramp up up the cities aggression faster, start at a higher level or just not get as bad as all that.

I liked it as well and considered at one point clearing out the entire city. The only thing is that the snipers time their fire to be as tricky as possible. You have to be ready to abandon any attack or movement right at the moment where it's so tempting to let it finish and dodge right afterwards.

A fellow Spidey YouTube guy made challenged me to fight during sniper fire in one of the Sable bases and it gave me a good feel for when they try to get you during certain attacks. Web Yanks and Swing Kicks are especially dangerous and you have to be careful of the angle when doing Dodge Unders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxRpM-BU5mg

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Caidin posted:

I've always found it dumb the way superhero games set in NYC feel the need to ramp up all the open world tedium to MAX LEVEL as an artificial (and usually nonsensical) way of upping the ante. There has to be a better way to do it to keep things engaging.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Nah the entire city going to hell after the prison break is good.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
You'd figure at least two thirds of those guys would have just tried to lay low and maybe get a pizza. See old friends etc,

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Twibbit posted:

You'd figure at least two thirds of those guys would have just tried to lay low and maybe get a pizza. See old friends etc,

There's a line of dialogue at the timestamp about that. "For guys who just got out of the Raft, you sure are eager to go back."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs7F-JUchCc&t=102s

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Figured out how to do a fun yo-yo juggling move with Concussive Blast. If you've ever been a fan of Mortal Kombat, it's basically Scorpion's klassic "Get over here!" + uppercut kombo.

Full video here. Wasn't planning on such a high combo but it's the highest one I've ever had by far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV6B8z3VkJ4

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GieQoj6UUBU

Video here about what the Miles Morales game should include. I agree with it 100%. I especially concur that the game will work well if Peter is totally absent in Symkaria or wherever (just not dead, due to the connection fans built with him in the PS4 game and that killing Peter off has already been done in other media)- give Miles a chance to shine on his own as a great character. My previous exposure to this game did not make it clear that was what they're doing. This video did make it clear. I am glad and I support the idea.

Just had to get that off my chest. Peace. Out.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I played a bit of this game again after platinuming. I really really like this game. I should try the dlc (everyone kept saying it’s disappointing)

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I played a bit of this game again after platinuming. I really really like this game. I should try the dlc (everyone kept saying it’s disappointing)

You might like it now if you just want more fighting! I came back and thought the story bits were meh but the fights are hard and fun.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

achtungnight posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GieQoj6UUBU

Video here about what the Miles Morales game should include. I agree with it 100%. I especially concur that the game will work well if Peter is totally absent in Symkaria or wherever (just not dead, due to the connection fans built with him in the PS4 game and that killing Peter off has already been done in other media)- give Miles a chance to shine on his own as a great character. My previous exposure to this game did not make it clear that was what they're doing. This video did make it clear. I am glad and I support the idea.

Just had to get that off my chest. Peace. Out.

I think they were struggling to come up with ten things for their top ten Must Include list if teasers for the next game is in there. Of course they're going to do that.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

As long as the Spiderverse hoodie-n-sneakers costume is in with the "hey" *BZZZAP* mega-shock special, everything else is gravy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Didn't realize it until now but I guess for this costume Insomniac decided against putting their own spin on it.