Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Lobok posted:

Didn't realize it until now but I guess for this costume Insomniac decided against putting their own spin on it.

I mean, they did make it more 'realistic' with that tactical stuff and the arm padding Peter has, it's just that it's still all black so the general look is the same as the original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I'm glad tbh, the original suit they made for the first game with the giant white streaks looks pretty terrible.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Zore posted:

I'm glad tbh, the original suit they made for the first game with the giant white streaks looks pretty terrible.

I really like the Adidas suit.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

MorningMoon posted:

I mean, they did make it more 'realistic' with that tactical stuff and the arm padding Peter has, it's just that it's still all black so the general look is the same as the original.

Yeah, it's rare to get any comic book costume adapted off the page and not have a mix of materials and fabrics with more seams and details. Hell, it happens in the comics as well. So this costume isn't surprising in that respect.

They did the same thing to most suits in the first game. One that stands out is the classic suit. I think the only extra detail it's given is a subtle separation between neck and mask. But other than that it sure does seem very basic when compared side-to-side with Insomniac's "Advanced" take on it.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I expect it's enough that Miles is a recent character that hasn't already been revised and iterated on countless times, plus it's distinct from his ITSV outfits, which most people know him for.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I played a bit of this game again after platinuming. I really really like this game. I should try the dlc (everyone kept saying it’s disappointing)

If you really liked the game you should like the DLC I think. It has its flaws but i think the price now is low enough to justify it

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

BizarroAzrael posted:

I expect it's enough that Miles is a recent character that hasn't already been revised and iterated on countless times, plus it's distinct from his ITSV outfits, which most people know him for.

Yeah, this is his first videogame of his own so the novelty factor is already there.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Man, I am trying to do this one challenge (self-imposed) and it is kicking my rear end. Or, I'm letting my rear end kicked usually. Stubborn bad habits and prioritizing trying to do the cool thing rather than the smart thing is predictably putting me in tough spots. But even when I am doing well, sniper fire on Ultimate can be so drat quick to fire, especially if you pop out from behind cover and they're waiting for you.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I love how the difficulties are named after different Spider-Man runs and I want an extra difficulty mode called Superior.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Amazing, Spectacular, and Ultimate are in order of difficulty and also in chronological order. Superior being even tougher would fit with that.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

[cross-post from PS4 thread[

Vikar Jerome posted:

https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/1285225145909620736

4k performance mode!? the gently caress is the regular mode then? gives hope for those 1080p 60fps modes tho.

I'm not sure which I'm going to pick. I guess maybe it depends on the sharing options/capability of the PS5 because i envy people who can upload in 1080p now with the PS4 so if I can upload at 4K but lose FPS then I think I would do that if I'm going to be recording. But for regular playing I'd probably go with 60fps since my TV doesn't do 4K so there'd be no point.

Anyway, did another one of my Last Stand homage videos. Taking on Ultimate-level Olympus with no crowd control gadgets other than Web Bomb gets tough and with a reduced moveset it's tricky making my way to get priority enemies. For Waves 5 and 6 I need to near-constantly interrupt everything with dodges because there are so many dudes with rifles and sniper rifles. I had a much older video where I took on an Olympus base with only basic webshooters but it was only on Spectacular difficulty and I could do anything I wanted other than use the rest of my gadgets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNtJ6cYJuQ0

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
If I had to guess, the “performance mode” will probably stay at 4K but will turn off the ray tracing.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Spider-Man going from 30 to 60 fps on a PS5 is some reallllllly awesome poo poo, tells a lot about how powerful it'll be. drat I hope a lot of the old PS4 exclusives get the same treatment. Ghost of Tsushima, GOW, Bloodborne at loving 60fps.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

DLC Inc posted:

Spider-Man going from 30 to 60 fps on a PS5 is some reallllllly awesome poo poo, tells a lot about how powerful it'll be. drat I hope a lot of the old PS4 exclusives get the same treatment. Ghost of Tsushima, GOW, Bloodborne at loving 60fps.

With the last few months to go I'm considering holding off on playing some of my PS4 backlog until I get the PS5.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
That's just Miles, though, they didn't say anything about Spidey getting an upgrade, unless they remaster it.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The Reddit thread seems to lean heavily towards this being 4K AND 60fps but without ray tracing. As opposed to 4K 30fps with ray tracing.

Fuzz posted:

That's just Miles, though, they didn't say anything about Spidey getting an upgrade, unless they remaster it.

Weren't "enhancements" mentioned a while back?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Lobok posted:

With the last few months to go I'm considering holding off on playing some of my PS4 backlog until I get the PS5.

Yeah, I think I'm going to do the same. It seems like the PS5 will actually be considerably stronger than my PC (the whole console will probably cost less than a PC GPU with remotely similar performance).

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, I think I'm going to do the same. It seems like the PS5 will actually be considerably stronger than my PC (the whole console will probably cost less than a PC GPU with remotely similar performance).

Mostly for loading times. I've heard Ghost of Tsushima is actually good on that front but for something like Hitman 2 which is all about retrying and loading the level I might put it off.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Apparently Tsushima's loads were so good they had to artificially lengthen them so people could read the load screen tips.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah on a regular SSD dying or fast traveling takes no more than 3-5 seconds.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

A couple days ago while waiting for Ghost of Tsushima to finish downloading and after my Old Spider-Man video with all the move and gadget limitations I placed on myself for it I just wanted to cut loose a bit with no themes or special restrictions (except the usual no damage, no combo breaks).
Although I did add in a little race around the level challenge at the beginning :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19a8s81nguo

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Confirmation that Peter will be around in the game and help out Miles. Also, not unsurprising that Miles has his own new animations but good to hear anyway.

Edit: contains somewhat of a spoiler for the Avengers game though so beware (I say somewhat since it's essentially the beginning/premise of the game?)

Dan Didio posted:

Yeah. PS4 preorders get three weekends, PS4 non-preorders and Xbox and PC preorders get two weekends and Xbox and PC non-preorders only get one, I think? It's all very silly and modern.

Miles' game's going to be the hosed up kind of pretty:

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1293918694423191557?s=20

Lobok fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Aug 13, 2020

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The thin red web against the blueish-hued black doesn't look very good to me.

Are they actually gonna give him some kind of lightning punch? Sounds like it could be cool. It'd be interesting if they really differentiated his playstyle.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

SlothfulCobra posted:

The thin red web against the blueish-hued black doesn't look very good to me.

Are they actually gonna give him some kind of lightning punch? Sounds like it could be cool. It'd be interesting if they really differentiated his playstyle.

Yeah, he's getting the shock powers and the invisibility and stuff.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It'll be interesting to see how they handle limiting those powers. Will they be weak and unlimited with stronger versions in other ways? Will they have cooldowns? Ammo or ammo-equivalent charges? Limited to Finishers only? Built into combos? A new kind of special attack?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ideally his shock touch is a 1hko on all bosses like the comic.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Kali ma!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

So it won't just be next gen...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T03PxxuCfDA

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Looks like they replaced a lot of Peter's gadgets with Miles using his electrical powers. He uses them to do the equivalent of the anti-gravity grenade and the web bomb at different points during the gameplay.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Yeah, and while it's hard to tell what's going on in the first gameplay segment the second one is a bit more clear because at first it looks like you have unlimited usage so maybe that's only for demo or story reasons. In the second segment you can see the electricity attacks deplete the electricity bar. So you basically have two versions of Focus now, ammo, and a Camo bar. A lot to keep track of! But if all gadgets are replaced with powers that simplifies things.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Looks fantastic! So excited for the game, less so for that ps5 price.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/09/16/see-the-marvels-spider-man-miles-morales-new-gameplay-demo/

Miles is a PS4/PS5 game, PS5 has an Ultimate Edition that has a remaster of Spider-Man PS4 included plus 3 new suits.

It transfers over to PS5 but only PS5 gets Ultimate Edition while PS4 gets just base.

ThermoPhysical fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Sep 17, 2020

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

ThermoPhysical posted:

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/09/16/see-the-marvels-spider-man-miles-morales-new-gameplay-demo/

Miles is a PS4/PS5 game, PS5 has an Ultimate Edition that has a remaster of Spider-Man PS4 included plus 3 new suits.

It transfers over to PS5 but only PS4 gets Ultimate Edition while PS4 gets just base.

The 3 new suits for Spider-Man PS4 are the Andrew Garfield ASM suits.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The_Doctor posted:

The 3 new suits for Spider-Man PS4 are the Andrew Garfield ASM suits.

Cool, so I don't need the ultimate edition.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Man I was really hoping after how good gameplay wise Spider-man was for PS4 that they'd have worked on presentation and story a bit more. Having Miles be against Roxxon is a given since canonically they're a super evil organization lead by a guy that's essentially the Minotaur of Greek Myth. But having him also be against something that for all intents and purposes looks like purple ANTIFA lead by the Tinkerer, is pretty lame. Who are looking to steal from said evil corp. We're gonna get some lame rear end middle of the road message aren't we?

Especially after having a super cop friendly Spider-Narc in the previous game.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The TASM2 suit is great but it is just another version of the classic costume. Don't care about the other two. Wanna see what the remastered version of the first game is going to be like.

As far as gameplay goes for the sequel it's interesting that Focus has been simplified and the new Focus is the electricity meter. They didn't show any gadgets and the previous game's Suspension Matrix is shown as having been replaced by an electricity move so maybe no gadgets, just special moves..

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Jiro posted:

Man I was really hoping after how good gameplay wise Spider-man was for PS4 that they'd have worked on presentation and story a bit more. Having Miles be against Roxxon is a given since canonically they're a super evil organization lead by a guy that's essentially the Minotaur of Greek Myth. But having him also be against something that for all intents and purposes looks like purple ANTIFA lead by the Tinkerer, is pretty lame. Who are looking to steal from said evil corp. We're gonna get some lame rear end middle of the road message aren't we?

Miles’ dad Jeff was a cop, so you’re not going to get away from that too much. That said, having Rio become AOC is a nice touch.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

This is a side game, not a sequel.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
so i have spider-man with all DLC digitally. so do i get the PS5 remaster free or do i have to by the separate remaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Jiro posted:

i dont think they are supposed to be antifa. it think its more supposed to be like tech criminals and poo poo who hate Roxxon for reasons. this isnt gonna be Black ops 2.