Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

If the Tinkerer is who many suspect it is then that group will probably be more like vigilantes who go too far.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so i have spider-man with all DLC digitally. so do i get the PS5 remaster free or do i have to by the separate remaster.

I think if you get the PS5 Miles ultimate edition you get the remaster free.

Speaking of different editions, it's confirmed that gadgets make a return since there is a Gravity Well you can get from the Launch Edition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
So no announcement of a ITSV costume/s, would suck if that was gated. I want to replay the original so guess will get ultimate edition unless it's enough to own the original.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I mean, I can't imagine they wouldn't put in the Spider-verse costume. Miles doesn't have the same enormous amount of variant costumes Peter does and Spider-verse is his biggest mainstream appearance.

The real question is if we get the one with the hoodie and shorts.

What do people think are some of the other alternate costumes we might get? We'll almost definitely have a red and blue variant of some kind since he wore that for a hot second before he got his real costume. Then maybe that lovely one with the blue spider. I also think we'll probably get the lovely costume he got in Spider-verse from Stan Lee.

Does he have many others? Most of the rest I know of have been variations on his theme and he doesn't tend to make the dumb one off suits like the armor the way Peter historically has.

Zore fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Sep 17, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
No actual spider people ever wore it, but I'm hoping for a Spider Hero costume.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
How to say this... I kinda dislike the bridge sequence there the same way I disliked the helicopter wrecking ball bit from the first game where it's total mayhem and destruction mostly just because Spider-Man was there? Cool looking otherwise but having Miles lean so much on the electricity thing visually makes him seem less like Spider-Man to me.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Lobok posted:

If the Tinkerer is who many suspect it is then that group will probably be more like vigilantes who go too far.

I think if you get the PS5 Miles ultimate edition you get the remaster free.

Speaking of different editions, it's confirmed that gadgets make a return since there is a Gravity Well you can get from the Launch Edition.

ok well guess i am gonna have to figure out money stuff than.

i dont think its her. she has way more of a weird punisher meets mister zsasz vibe going on in the dlc. the tinkerer has more of a keaton vulture type.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caidin posted:

How to say this... I kinda dislike the bridge sequence there the same way I disliked the helicopter wrecking ball bit from the first game where it's total mayhem and destruction mostly just because Spider-Man was there? Cool looking otherwise but having Miles lean so much on the electricity thing visually makes him seem less like Spider-Man to me.

I mean that is sort of the point. The electricity and camouflage or what he has that makes him distinctly different from Peter. It is why they get so much play in Spider-Verse and the big climax is him being able to use his venom strike at will.

You can argue "well what does it have to do with spiders" and the answer is *mumble bioelectricity mumble* and "About as much as precognition does."

Also my honest bet for the Tinkerer's true identity is Lady Doctor Octopus, since she seems to have Octotentacles in one shot and Liv was arguably the major superpowered antagonist of Into The Spiderverse.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Where are people getting the tie ins to the "Into the Spiderverse" movie? The game is it's own separate Marvel alternate universe. If you just follow the previous story structure narrative of the previous game it's really likely that it will be someone Miles knows and views as a friend.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I mean that is sort of the point. The electricity and camouflage or what he has that makes him distinctly different from Peter. It is why they get so much play in Spider-Verse and the big climax is him being able to use his venom strike at will.

You can argue "well what does it have to do with spiders" and the answer is *mumble bioelectricity mumble* and "About as much as precognition does."

Also my honest bet for the Tinkerer's true identity is Lady Doctor Octopus, since she seems to have Octotentacles in one shot and Liv was arguably the major superpowered antagonist of Into The Spiderverse.

I found the movies use of venomshock to significantly more restrained then the gameplay trailer blasting bolts around like a malfunctioning generator. He uses it more in the fight then his webs. To each their own I guess.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

PS5 version of the game is up for preorder pretty much everywhere but nothing for PS4 yet.

I don't know if the PS4's standard will upgrade to PS5's Ultimate like with an extra payment or something so I guess I'll either wait until PS5 to play this or buy both PS4 and 5 just for the Ultimate version.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Caidin posted:

I found the movies use of venomshock to significantly more restrained then the gameplay trailer blasting bolts around like a malfunctioning generator. He uses it more in the fight then his webs. To each their own I guess.

Videogame Spider-Man tends to be a different kind of fighter than we see elsewhere. Old games made him lovely and restricted your use of webs. Then games eventually started hyper exaggerating his fighting style and web use. We're going to get the same thing with Miles and his electric and camo powers.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah, in the comics Miles doesn't really poop out venom blasts willy nilly. I'm excited for this game, and I hope there's a secret boss fight against uh...what's his name...uh, Frank Infamous 2. Cause boy oh boy, Miles looks like Infamous with webs and I dig it.

Edit: I dont remember the main character's name from the Infamous games so now his name is just Infamous.

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

I had never heard of the Tinkerer, so I checked out their wikipedia page.

Switching the character from a septuagenarian radio repairman to a twentysomething lady whose outfit looks like a Destiny warlock taking a personal day was a very good idea.

My wife (who is the comics nerd of the house) went from eye-rolling when I said "Guess who the bad guy is for the Miles Spider-Man game?" to "Ok. That's a cool take. I wanna play it" by the end of the trailer.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

mdxi posted:

I had never heard of the Tinkerer, so I checked out their wikipedia page.

Switching the character from a septuagenarian radio repairman to a twentysomething lady whose outfit looks like a Destiny warlock taking a personal day was a very good idea.

My wife (who is the comics nerd of the house) went from eye-rolling when I said "Guess who the bad guy is for the Miles Spider-Man game?" to "Ok. That's a cool take. I wanna play it" by the end of the trailer.

Out of the total number of times he's appeared in all media I'd bet he is represented as the OG geezer less than the other portrayals. He gets used quite a bit but usually is made to be younger.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I think the two times I've ever actually seen the Tinkerer in something was like, the ultimate version and the one from Web of Shadows when he got hired to make a thingie to make all the symbiotes gently caress off because Reed and Tony are never around.

Their more of a explanation for where half the super crime in new york gets its tech support then a notable villain so it's a weird pull. But then I think we're already guessing their someone else anyway.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
It's not beyond the pale for the Insomniac version of the Tinkerer to be a fusion character with someone else--Hammerhead in Silver Lining is taking a lot from a mostly-unrelated '80s character called Silvermane--but otherwise they've stuck pretty close to the source material overall. I suppose that girl with the mini-Ock arms in the gameplay trailer could be a nod to some of the B- and C-list villains like Stunner or the second Beetle.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Come onnnn Stiltman.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

It's not outside the realm to have someone called The Tinkerer also steal other people's tech and bolt it on to their own after messing with it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jiro posted:

It's not outside the realm to have someone called The Tinkerer also steal other people's tech and bolt it on to their own after messing with it.

Oh, it absolutely isn't. The Tinkerer could just be The Tinkerer but when someone is fully masked it tends to make people assume something's special about their identity until proven otherwise.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Best Buy has a couple details on their page, the main one being that the Gravity Well gadget pulls enemies together and disarms them.

As for the current, non-Miles game, I did a video where I try out a couple new things. The fun one was using two Impact Webs in a row to stick a launched enemy to a higher ceiling than usual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXNZZgpriIo

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Rocket Racer or gtfo

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/SpideyVigilante/status/1306776452797325313?s=19

They removed it but this confirms the ITSV suits. Well we figured this anyway but it's nice to have confirmation.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ThermoPhysical posted:

https://twitter.com/SpideyVigilante/status/1306776452797325313?s=19

They removed it but this confirms the ITSV suits. Well we figured this anyway but it's nice to have confirmation.

I mean, what other suits are left?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

As far as popular recognizable suits there aren't many but Miles has had lots of costumes in some event stories and alternate timelines. Quoting myself from a while ago:

Lobok posted:

Admitting my own ignorance here of Miles and his suits because he has more than a few. Khalid Brooks has put together a list of some (excluding ITSV because it's too obvious)

SHIELD

Captain Universe (also applies to Peter)

Prototype from 1st appearance

616 Prototype

Age of Apocalypse

Champions Asgardian armour

Shadow Spider

Superior Miles from Life Story

The End

2020 Suit

Twitter link

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I just hope you can get ITSV early.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Lobok posted:

As far as popular recognizable suits there aren't many but Miles has had lots of costumes in some event stories and alternate timelines. Quoting myself from a while ago:

I will put on Shadow Spider and never take it off for any reason whatsoever.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I'd love it if you could give him Miles' hair from ITSV.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ThermoPhysical posted:

I will put on Shadow Spider and never take it off for any reason whatsoever.

I wouldn't hold out hope for the cape part of it but hopefully since the first game Insomniac has decided to implement, or become better at implementing, more free flowing fabrics in costumes. The 2099 costume should have had a mini-cape and the Noir suit was missing the trenchcoat.

I think the only example in the first game is the small and thin ribbons of the Cyborg Spider-Man costume.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Oh man, Old Man Miles is rad as hell. I hope they do that one, I kept Peter in his Old Man outfit for most of the last game.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Zore posted:

Oh man, Old Man Miles is rad as hell. I hope they do that one, I kept Peter in his Old Man outfit for most of the last game.

I did a few tribute videos to that suit by fighting in a style I used Amazing Spider-Man #500 as inspiration for. It's a great suit and that bit of the story stuck with me for years.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

Come onnnn Stiltman.

Pfft, forget that. Lady Stilt-Man is where it's at.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The cell shading is so loving good in the 60s animated outfit I want a mode where the entire game is like that.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Skwirl posted:

The cell shading is so loving good in the 60s animated outfit I want a mode where the entire game is like that.

I would buy the game again for this.

I'm already buying it again in the form of the ps5 ultimate edition.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

In all the hubbub about everything (and because I skipped the gameplay trailer to the, well, gameplay) I had totally missed that Ganke is in the game. Good to know this won't just be Miles in Peter's world but he'll have his own characters.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Some different stuff about the Remastered game.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/09/30/marvels-spider-man-remastered-detailed/

Pete has actually been recast! So weird. It's like seeing the Eric Stolz footage of Back to the Future before Michael J. Fox. Different lead actor but everything else is the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i5tTKSbePI

quote:

Beyond improved models and materials, one of the biggest things we have brought to the game is ray-traced reflections and ambient shadows. We now have true reflections on the windows of buildings, and it looks stunning with our new skies and weather.

Was always a little weird to swing past a building and like a vampire not have any reflection. Should be pretty cool for pictures.

quote:

our characters have also gotten a huge upgrade. From higher fidelity skin, eye, and teeth shaders to individually-rendered strands of hair, the new tech and detail brings our characters and their performances to new life.

quote:

Additionally, thanks to the power of the PS5 console, we’re now able to offer a high frame rate through Performance Mode, which targets a 60fps frame rate!
My emphasis.

quote:

We’ve also brought new photo mode features to the game that we developed for Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales: you can now place lights in the environment and change your Spider-Suit after you’ve lined up your shot!
Changing the suit afterwards is a great choice. Hopefully we can also change the mask "expression."

And they also added the suit from the first Amazing Spider-Man.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Lobok posted:

Some different stuff about the Remastered game.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/09/30/marvels-spider-man-remastered-detailed/

Pete has actually been recast! So weird. It's like seeing the Eric Stolz footage of Back to the Future before Michael J. Fox. Different lead actor but everything else is the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i5tTKSbePI

Was always a little weird to swing past a building and like a vampire not have any reflection. Should be pretty cool for pictures.

My emphasis.
Changing the suit afterwards is a great choice. Hopefully we can also change the mask "expression."

And they also added the suit from the first Amazing Spider-Man.

Honestly, the only thing I could think of while watching them show off 60FPS combat is "They should've gotten Lobok to do this". :v:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ThermoPhysical posted:

Honestly, the only thing I could think of while watching them show off 60FPS combat is "They should've gotten Lobok to do this". :v:

Ha, thanks. I'm surprised they had footage where Spider-Man got hit!

But honestly if they ever did something like that, to use outside players, I'm friends with another guy who also has a Spider-Man channel and he chats up the combat designers on Insomniac's Discord and I feel like he'd be the top pick.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

why is Peter 18 in this new one

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

He's going to Benjamin Button his way back into high school by the time the Spider-Man 2 game comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Gross, he looks like all three of the movie actors went through a teleportation machine together