Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

thebardyspoon posted:

Specifically what he's crouching on? That is weird. Just gonna be completely out of nowhere like the second half of the game is in the Savage Land or 2099 or some poo poo.

one-third through the game you follow Venom and Carnage on a space shuttle to another planet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm so happy there's not symbiote stuff in this, that we've seen. they should give that poo poo a break in all Spider-Man media for like 15 years

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

ThermoPhysical posted:

Me too, I'm just...really tired of the symbiotes... I guess the spider on the chest is a dragon (not a game spoiler) now thanks to the comics?

I don't read the comics but I read a little about this storyline and it sounds silly but that's comics baby

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

the shocker boss fight looks more entertaining than like 90% of the Batman game bosses. Arkham Asylum had the most dipshit "bosses" because half of them (mutant guy, Joker, Bane) were just the same big brute. Arkham Origins had some legit interesting bosses but that was it.

my unpopular games opinion is that Arkham Origins is my favorite one

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I have the difficulty set to Spectacular and it's just right

I was really worried it'd end up being too easy

also Impact Web for life

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

if you have a job involving games, you have to be bad at them unless you're a streamer, and sometimes even then

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

wait, can you just do two for one bar? is that what that one skill I bought means?? I assumed I had to have as many bars as I wanted to do finishers

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

remusclaw posted:

Yup, it's great. The second one you do doesn't count for objectives though, so if you need to do ten finishers, it can take you 20 to get there.

I am so goddamn dumb

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I have got to finish this game before I spoil myself on it all

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I think I basically only used Electric Punch throughout the game because it makes crowds so manageable

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I never used the last two gadgets or electric webs really. getting 65x combo for that one base on Spectacular was a legitimate challenge

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

realizing that ability lets me get two finishers for the price of one changed my life

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm waiting for Ultimate mode to come out and then I'm playing through again. might even do some self-imposed challenge like limiting what skills I get

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

one of my few gripes with the game is how silly it is that no one sees the dude I've webbed up and suspended only ten or fifteen feet above them

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

why is Peter 18 in this new one

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Zore posted:

Wait, did they actually change the story stuff or are we just talking about how the model looks younger?

It seems pretty stupid either way but nothing I saw mentions de-aging Peter for the story.

he's in high school now

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

I dont care about his face while also noting it's an absolutely pointless thing to change because it was inevitably going to result in a skub war.

These absolute fools just making goofy rear end minor problems for themselves.

i'm anti-skub and if you're pro-skub then gently caress you

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

the only real issue with the game is the same one the first game had: enemy targeting for punches from mooks have too much potential to swivel, you can dodge an attack and a regular joe has turned 360° in his basic "step forward and punch" animation and gotten you anyway

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I've thought about it and the next Spider-Man they come out with should have heat vision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Spider-Man already kicks and punches dudes so hard they fly up fifteen feet, they should already be dead honestly