Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Singularity Mafia, aka one-post-mafia, will be an experimental mafia-like game for between seven and fifteen players max.

The standard mafia rules do not apply, but these do:

1. You may only play within a single post. You must edit this post in order to play. Rules governing how to play within your post will follow.
2. You may not discuss the game nor any of its mechanics with anyone outside of designated in-game avenues provided to you by me.
3. You are free to openly discuss your role and its abilities, but not in a manner intended to impersonate its official delivery. You may operate within the realm of reason and honor concerning quoting the information itself, so long as you are not making an attempt to use that presentation as evidence for a claim. (You'll only be laughed at, anyway).
4. When you have been eliminated from play, you may no longer edit your post. If you are not playing the game, please contain spectator and/or moderator commentary to their designated locales for the duration of the game.
5. Following each hammer, play concludes for that Pacific-Time evening.
6. The limitation of a single post and the ability to edit it serve to severely obfuscate the field of play, however, funny business along the lines of encrypting your posts, bribing one another over a forum game, poo poo you are all familiar with, it just isn't cool mang ok

It's going to be a difficult game to follow live and an impossible game to follow postgame, all the more because players with less familiarity with my usual bullshit have preferential signups. The happenings and outcome of this game will impact flavor and mechanics of future peragames.

Your signup post is the post in which you will be playing.

Players:
There's been a smidge of roster shifting, apologies for the delay.

peramene fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Sep 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
You may delete, edit, or present information however you'd like, but not visually nor with off-site links. Your post may never be longer than 200 words nor 1200 characters.1 You must constantly delete old material in order to present new material.

Your actions only take effect when they are observed by me. You shouldn't be trying to snipe things, but also you're free to take back or modify your actions before I've seen them. There is no schedule to this and to avoid pera-watching I will intentionally cheat using offscreen mechanics (like coin flips and die rolls) so that just because I've seen it IRL doesn't mean it's been observed.

To take an action, simply post the action in line with the usual conventions of ##vote. A majority of players' votes on a single singularity will eliminate that singularity from the game and end play. FAKE DAY ACTIONS are permitted, with one caveat - you may only "fake" a day action that you actually have access to. Understand that the result of this is that if I observe the action in your post, so too will the universe.

1 This post is 195 words, 1,107 characters.

peramene fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Sep 4, 2018

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
reserving for elimination and vote history

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Sample Role PM:

You are 優 ("yōu"), the singularity of void.

You do not enjoy the company of anyone, including yourself: you are that which is not, you are the void in itself and of itself.

You have not taken physical form, nor is it possible for you to do so. You have no armies nor nation to command.

You are not associated with any element save yourself, your absence, and the absence of your absence.

While you exist independent of your peers, though you are peerless, you can neither win nor lose. If you cease to exist, ⚠. You win when the game begins or ends.

Your post restriction is that you have no post to edit. You may not edit your post. You are the only player with this restriction. You cease to exist if you are observed failing to meet or circumventing this restriction.

peramene fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Sep 4, 2018

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Here is my play post

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Hello, happy people.

I will state the following:

1) to "cheat" the character restrictions, all quotations should probably occur solely through listing postids. The more space we can offload, the better.
2) because note-taking is boring, I'm just going to use my memory for everything. Deal with it.
3) This game will never actually start, and pushing pera to do so is the only way to win, since the sample role PM is probably our actual, collective role pm, decidedly not applying retroactively.
4) thus, the proper course of play is to ignore this thread and pester pera over discord.
5) I volunteer, uh, anyone else to do this dirty work.

I see the words "moderator commentary" and I already think this is going to be a beautiful disaster.

Jen X fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Sep 11, 2018

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Sure!

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

is that even a sign-up post???

Social Studies 3rd Period fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Sep 1, 2018

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Play with only one post, why that sure sounds like me

bump thread

peramene posted:

The End.

Please do not make any additional posts in this thread until the game has concluded. Additional considerations and role PMs incoming, play begins in roughly 21 hours and 40 minutes at 7PM PDT.
lol

imgay fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Sep 4, 2018

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
who wants to bet that peramene forgot this game exists

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Sep 11, 2018

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Ugh, I don't know this pera person but I can already tell that she is the worst.

I'm in, I guess.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!
##RecieveCharacterPM - Rex

Does it-

... Does it work like that?

KhediveRex fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 6, 2018

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Edit actually never mind I shouldn't for multiple reasons

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Sep 1, 2018

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

The real experiment was how long we would last.

Pmush first, kashuno cracked second, I'm taking out reverse bronze.

hambeet fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Sep 14, 2018

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I’ll be mostly shitediting

e: :madmax:

ee: modbeet kill plz

birdstrike fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Sep 11, 2018

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
The End.

Please do not make any additional posts in this thread until the game has concluded. Additional considerations and role PMs incoming, play begins in roughly 21 hours and 40 minutes at 7PM PDT.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lol edit does not equal quote awful app.

hambeet fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Sep 11, 2018

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
piss

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
truly, mafia has died

e; unsubscribe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
yeah guys I've been banging my head against trying to get through this wall and I'm not gonna be able to - apologies, I jumped the gun on launching this

• Locked thread