Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

What: This will be a game of GURPS 4th Edition

Who: I am looking for anywhere between two to four other players

When: The first session will be on Sat, Sep-22-2018, at 0200 GMT.
You can use this link to check what time that is wherever you are: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=GURPS+game&iso=20180922T10&p1=145&ah=4

Where: We'll be using roll20 for maps and rolling, and Discord for VOIP

Character Creation and other notes:

* while the setting and the gameplay will be "dungeon fantasy", we will NOT be using the "GURPS Dungeon Fantasy" boxed set. I am using the GURPS 4th Edition Basic Set as a reference

* build for 100-point characters, with no more than 20 points in Disadvantages

* no attributes higher than 15

* tech level is set to TL3, and characters will start with 1000 $

* we'll probably use the tactical combat rules, although I am welcome to dropping down to the "Combat Lite" rules if they're too cumbersome for the group

* I will allow Magic, but no Magery past level 2, and I will have to familiarize myself with any of the spells that you'd want to take. Classic examples would be going with Fire for direct damage, as well as Healing for ... healing.

* I intend for this to be a recurring game, but I cannot commit to oftener than once a month. I'm not holding you to give that same commitment, if all you want is for this to be a one-shot.

* This first game specifically is probably going to be mostly about combat, familiarizing ourselves with the rules, and getting a good pace, but hopefully we will get some nice loot and a little bit of puzzle-solving and interaction done

* Feel free to post character builds and ideas here, along with any commentary and questions. This is my first time to try and run GURPS, so there's any number of things that I might be missing out on, but I am enthusiastic and flexible.

* I made a sample character below, which should technically be usable and playable right off the bat. They're probably a bit too spread out, but I wanted to highlight the sort of skills and layout that you might want to invest in for the game.

quote:

Adventure Background:

The town of Oakhurst has put out a call for any brave enough to stand against Holg, a marauding brigand whose band of horrible goons has waylaid dozens of travelers on the Great North Road. He must be tracked down to his lair and brought to justice ... and you, whether for gold, glory, or something in between, have stepped-up to do it.

pre:
Character McSample [100]

Attributes
ST 11 [10]
DX 12 [40]   
IQ 10 [0]
HT 11 [10]

Secondary Attributes
HP             11
Will             10
Perception        10
FP            11
Basic Speed        5.75
Dodge            8
Basic Move        5    

Appearance: Average [0]
Wealth: Average [0]

Advantages:
Combat Reflexes [15]
Hard to Kill 1 [2]
Lucky [15]

Disadvantages:
Curious [-5]
Sense of Duty (small group) [-5]

Skills:
Brawling (E) - DX [1]
Influence (diplomacy) (H) - IQ-2 [1]
Influence (fast-talk) (A) - IQ-1 [1]
Influence (intimidation) (A) - IQ-1 [1]
Lockpicking (A) - DX [2]
Melee Weapon (swords) (A) - DX+1 [4]
Missile Weapon (bow) (A) DX [2]
Pickpocket (H) - DX-2 [1]
Shield (E) - DX+1 [2]
Stealth (A) - DX-1 [1]
Survival (A) - IQ-1 [1]
Traps (A) - IQ-1 [1]
Wealth and Equipment:

TL3 starting wealth = 1,000
Shortsword [sw cut/thr imp], costs 400 (600 remaining)
Short Bow [thr imp, x10/x15 range, 1 RoF, 1 shot, 2 reload], costs 50 (550 remaining)
10 arrows, costs 20 (530 remaining)
Mail Shirt [4 DR, 2 DR vs cr], costs 150 (380 remaining)
Mail Leggings [4 DR, 2 DR vs cr], costs 110 (270 remaining)
Mail Sleeves [4 DR, 2 DR vs cr], costs 70 (200 remaining)
Leather Helm [2 DR], costs 20 (180 remaining)
Cloth Gloves [1 DR], costs 15 (165 remaining)
Shoes [1 DR], costs 40 (125 remaining)
Small Shield [1 DB], costs 40 (85 remaining)

Remaining money for various other equipment

gradenko_2000 fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Sep 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I'm prepared to run a game for four hours, less depending on player availability and how quickly we go through the material.

I do not mind completely new players!

If you do not have GURPS at all, you can grab the free Lite version here

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I've added a short blurb to the OP describing the kind of adventure we'll be taking on.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Closing this thread as I didn't really have that many takers. Game is cancelled.

• Locked thread