Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
this game is basically fgo's ce + granblue's characters and equipments + fire emblem's plot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
This doesn’t seem to be much fun. They made a worse version of the Shironeko controller (I suspect because of Nintendo suing Colopl over it) which makes it hard to change direction without the controller recentring on your finger bringing you to a screeching halt, the seeming lack of the charge abilities really hurts and that awful dash attack completely destroys the speed of your attacks because the first time you attack a new group there’s a solid chance that you will do that attack and just stand still for about a second. The main menu screens running at a choppy 30fps isn’t great either when the in game action is mostly smooth.

The Japanese 5* rate being lower than the Asian one frankly takes the piss but I suppose it’s hard to be surprised by that.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

The pool certainly feels like a grab bag, jesus gently caress.

You got cards in my 3d Anime.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
As a reminder, if you set your freebie unit as a friend unit (in More/Friend), you get 300 Wyrmite, which alongside the launch gems gives you enough for two ten-pulls.

Not that it counts for that much given these rates, holy hell.

uiruki posted:

The Japanese 5* rate being lower than the Asian one frankly takes the piss but I suppose it’s hard to be surprised by that.

Wait, are the JP rates literally different? How the hell are they even managing that.

I don't think I really agree with the rest and there's also the fact that Rune Story/Shironeko managed to douse itself in gasoline and burn in NA, but I should play more before really passing that judgment

Roach
Nov 23, 2007
Can't touch this
Here's my friend code if anyone wants to add me. I set my support buddy as a defense buff guy.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I wonder why they decided not to make this available in Europe.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Starsnostars posted:

I wonder why they decided not to make this available in Europe.

I'm assuming two reasons:

1) FIGS wasn't ready in time; even the English version, while excellent, is outsourced (to 8-4)

2) the recent Belgian ruling may have NoE thinking twice about gacha stuff period.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah

SpaceDrake posted:

Wait, are the JP rates literally different? How the hell are they even managing that.

Not sure but I saw a screenshot of the Asian version with 5.98% and on the Japanese version it’s a straight 5%. Suspect it’s determined by the country you select when you start/link your Nintendo account.

I’ll try some more characters before I completely give up but my heart sank when I swapped to a ranged character and they did that same dash attack. Just made me want to start up Shironeko and use that character who fires automatically when charging so you basically just strafe the entire level.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Thats kinda hosed up if its true

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

uiruki posted:

Not sure but I saw a screenshot of the Asian version with 5.98% and on the Japanese version it’s a straight 5%. Suspect it’s determined by the country you select when you start/link your Nintendo account.

I’ll try some more characters before I completely give up but my heart sank when I swapped to a ranged character and they did that same dash attack. Just made me want to start up Shironeko and use that character who fires automatically when charging so you basically just strafe the entire level.

that's such a weird wonky percentage that the screenshot probably comes from a dry run after a few rate up stacks.

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

Roach posted:

Here's my friend code if anyone wants to add me. I set my support buddy as a defense buff guy.

No luck adding you with that id, hope this game doesn't separate Android from iOS.

My ID: 3935 5396 922

I have Ezelith as my helper with Jeanne d'Arc dragon, got a lucky on my 3rd reroll.

Edit: I fat fingered your ID, friend request sent!

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Not available in Australia, boo hiss

Gimme my dragons

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Just grab it off qooapp or something and make an NA Nintendo account.

No 5*'s on 2 10x's yet but I have a cool angry guy called Berserker. FC is 1256 3941 430.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I got a 5*... wyrmprint :negative: Oh well. Story is cute so far. I'm surprised that one of the dragons is named Zodiark considering that it's a name from Final Fantasy.

ID is 33575157100, feel free to add.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Well it took eight ten rolls across four accounts, but I managed to get a good account. Ezelith and Xander. A pretty good start.

2394 1621 934 if anyone's interested; since the public listings are full of Ezes, I put my Xander up for people to try out. He's a stupid anime goofball and is p. good.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
love going to co-op games with three elizeths

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Ah good. Reddit nerds figured out emulator workarounds while I was sleeping. Now to try rerolling a bit before work.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Rerolling seems like such a pain, I wish Gachas would just cut the middle man and make the first roll re-doable until you're fine with the result. The idea that I'll be at a disadvantage if I don't delete and reinstall repeatedly until I get one of the best starter units is so miserable it keeps me from starting most gacha games. But I really like the art for this one. Agh.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
i feel bad for anyone that's co-op with me because they have to deal with me dodging left and right and punching air

Hopefully there's some goons that rerolled something interesting, though since it's a mobile game, I doubt the trading works as well.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Got Ezelith, a 5* wyrmprint, and two 5* dragons for my two ten-rolls. I guess this is as good as I can get without massive rerolling.

I'm hoping this game will be F2P friendly. I suspect action-type games like this will require extremely powerful rolls to get through the difficult content and events.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
this game's music is really weird

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
The big numbers for wyrmite sure hide the stinginess.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I did my two 10 pulls and got excited for a 5* but it was just a "Valiant Crown" wyrmprint.

I blew it thought and linked my Nintendo account out the gate because I wasn't thinking so now I'm just stuck with a garbage team with three four star characters and a three star. :(

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Welcome to the bad 5* pull club. On the bright side I like Elisanne as a character so more chance for her to shine I guess :v:

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

Welp, got a 5* dragon and duplicate 5* wyrmprints on my first rolls, don't think I have it in me to reroll for better than that.

This game does seem to have pretty nice production values and some level of intuitiveness--a lot more immediately interesting for me than, say, Summoners War. But not sure I actually want a mobile ARPG grinder in my life...

edit: There is a way to unlink an account and reroll, apparently--I think I saw it discussed somewhere on Reddit--but now I can't find the posts where people talk about it. Something about manage account-->deleting save data.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Aerox posted:

I did my two 10 pulls and got excited for a 5* but it was just a "Valiant Crown" wyrmprint.

I blew it thought and linked my Nintendo account out the gate because I wasn't thinking so now I'm just stuck with a garbage team with three four star characters and a three star. :(

You can still delete the link to Dragalia and link another I think. It was possible with FEH so no reason it would be gone in Dragalia.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

onefish posted:

edit: There is a way to unlink an account and reroll, apparently--I think I saw it discussed somewhere on Reddit--but now I can't find the posts where people talk about it. Something about manage account-->deleting save data.

Awesome, thanks!

If anyone else is wondering it's in Options -> Account Management -> Delete Save Data

Do that, then delete the app and reinstall it from the App Store and you're good to go.

What are the 5*s I should be keeping an eye out for?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Aerox posted:

What are the 5*s I should be keeping an eye out for?
Nobody knows at this point.

I'm really hoping you can use the characters they give you along the way to slowly beat the story at least.

I haven't unlocked Coop yet but if it's each person controlling a character on the team, it'll be pretty amazing. AI control of the party isn't exactly great and I can't switch between characters fast enough (I can barely manage just the one).

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013
The last stage of chapter 3 was the first one i failed to perfect on the first run, not because it was hard, but because this game controls like rear end.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
Game is extremely cute so far but the movement controls seem really iffy, the way the movement arrow reorients if you move your finger fast still trips me up.
Friend code is 44457068054, I snagged a Maribelle character and Jean D'Arc dragon(?) if you wanna try them out.

Interested to see how raid stuff plays out and if its similar to granblue with how they help you build teams.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I rerolled until I got a 5* light tanker girl, and 5* nidhogg. Nidhogg looks bad rear end as all hell to be fair. I do think starting with a 5* character is more important than a dragon. You'll be playing the character 95% of the time not the dragon.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
You can upgrade characters' star rating like you can in FEH, so in the long run they should all be equivalent (barring OP skills and whatnot, but there's no guarantee that launch 5* characters will be any good anyway). So it's probably more important to aim for 5* dragons or wyrmprints.

Currently using some 3* black mage with animal ears because she reminds me of my FFXIV character.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Sep 27, 2018

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My current reroll gave me two copies of the same 5* wyrmprint

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Also I just unlocked the weaponsmith, and unless I'm misunderstanding how enhancing works, by god that's grindy.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Also, I didn't reroll at all, but I got two 5* wyrmprints on a later 10 pull and one of them is a worse version of a 4* one I already had?

Also also my friend code is 61263391464 for anime bunnygirl mage who's apparently a nervous wreck.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Tired Moritz posted:

this game's music is really weird

The menu music is a lethal trifecta of bad, annoying, and catchy.

I STILL HEAR THE MUSIC IN MY HEAD RIGHT NOW OH GOD WHY

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Sep 27, 2018

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
1923 9004 297

I don't have anything super special, but i landed a pair of 4-stars and I don't generally reroll so let's do this thing.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
3774 6099 474

I'll go back and add people from the thread too.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
7288 4060 715

The blood & thunder valkyrie is my friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Got the focus 5* dragon, gonna call that good. Is there anything fancy you have to do to transfer accounts between devices or is it just linking to the nintendo account?

e: it is that easy. Link on rerolled emulator account, then link on your actual phone and you're golden

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Sep 27, 2018