Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
3618 6183 819

They're going to really need to improve the controls. Terra Battle 2 was sunk by the terrible controls and this game is fun enough so far that I hope they'll make it better.

I'm struggling to get the Force attacks out reliably at the moment. Anyone figure a trick for that?

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Sep 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
2742 7035 875. Haven't gone past the tutorial yet and really should get some work done while I'm at work today but it will eventually have Jeanne D'Arc equipped on some 4*

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

At least they're self-aware.

It seems while duplicate wyrmprints and dragons are useful, duplicate adventurers aren't necessary to fully power them up.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Sep 27, 2018

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe
I created a friends list thing if people want to add themselves to it. I'll add it to the OP.

Form:
https://goo.gl/forms/bhAJ8PeP2vAVgker1
Friend List:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kO_jxt7lZsXRvRNQa8lhiyybu6ulcde8O2r14VhXOa4/edit?usp=sharing

Also taking suggestions for a better thread title.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Playing coop with a stranger gives you 50 orbs. Each. So joining a random match-matching group gets you 1/10 of a 10 pull, with apparently no limit other than the total number of players. It is good.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Clarste posted:

Playing coop with a stranger gives you 50 orbs. Each. So joining a random match-matching group gets you 1/10 of a 10 pull, with apparently no limit other than the total number of players. It is good.

I assume this ends at some number of plays. Like Shadowverse (another cygames game) gives you rewards for the first 20 strangers you play with

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Even if so, the limit is quite high. I must've gotten over 3000 from that so far.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Did you use them right away? I would recommend waiting. So much of the game (for better and worse, mostly worse) is following the Granblue Fantasy model. They will probably have the once a month legfest/premium gala with boosted draw rates.

I'm not sure I am going to stick with it. The rates are so bad that I don't think it would be worth it with a 2x legfest. They seem to be going for the surprise ticket (guaranteed pick) and scam gacha (guaranteed 5* but random) model from GBF. Scam gachaing a print would be even worse than scamming a summon in GBF.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Gonna make a discord server later tonight, Google spreadsheets only go so far

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I dunno. I rerolled like maybe 10 times and I settled on a 1x 5* character, 1x 5* dragon, 1x5* equipment. That came out of 2 10x pulls. Along the way I pulled plenty of 5* characters and dragons, but I really wanted to start with a character AND a dragon.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Zotix posted:

I dunno. I rerolled like maybe 10 times and I settled on a 1x 5* character, 1x 5* dragon, 1x5* equipment. That came out of 2 10x pulls. Along the way I pulled plenty of 5* characters and dragons, but I really wanted to start with a character AND a dragon.

That's insanely incredibly lucky. The median is probably closer to 70 rerolls for that

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Add me for the dumb Nintendo gacha please.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

My social orbs dried up, as foretold.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Coop play really is the star of the show. I don't even care if I'm not playing optimally or whatever but I really look forward to running gauntlets with people.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm gonna have a chance to sit down and play in about five hours, hopefully the discord will be up and running to arrange goon co-ops by then? I don't know how long they take to get going or how much of a pain it is

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm gonna have a chance to sit down and play in about five hours, hopefully the discord will be up and running to arrange goon co-ops by then? I don't know how long they take to get going or how much of a pain it is

At least for randoms, the problem is getting into a room before it fills up. I don't even bother with the 3/4 rooms. When I tried making my own room, it filled nearly instantly.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I've done some matchmaking games (quite a lot actually) and it seems pretty quick and straightforward. It does cost a specific to join them though, a kind of parallel stamina. Right now I have tons of it from leveling, but that could be annoying in the long run.

Also having promoted a 3* character, it seems that the main difference between promoted units and natural 5* will be the size of their coop passive boost. 3* units have like, +1% crit, while a 5* has closer to 6%. In the super long run this would be upgraded to 13% versus 18% or thereabouts. Probably. I don't actually have a 5* character to check against, and I'm certainly nowhere near maxing out anyone's mana circle.

ChronoReverse posted:

At least for randoms, the problem is getting into a room before it fills up. I don't even bother with the 3/4 rooms. When I tried making my own room, it filled nearly instantly.

I've had a lot of success just going to the mission itself and selecting "Find Group" from there. I haven't been able to find many groups for the Zodiark trials, but I assume that's just because most people aren't that far into the story yet.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Sep 28, 2018

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

The hardest part about this game so far is trying to figure out if I want to keep rolling or not. 9th try, I got Zephyr and Poseidon dragons, and Auspex's Prayer print (full HP = Healing +13%, Curse Res 20%)

3 5*s is real good, but the print is kinda poo poo, and dragons are definitely not as useful as like, a weapon or a character, neither of which I've seen a 5* of yet.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
https://discord.gg/p7nwEHE Get your discord on

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The biggest issue with this game is that it controls like complete dogshit on an emulator w/ kb+m.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Zotix posted:

The biggest issue with this game is that it controls like complete dogshit on an emulator w/ kb+m.

It's not amazing on touchscreen either but is passable.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I pulled Jeanne, my luck of pulling Light continues

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Rerolled for quite a while and my best were one with xainfried + 5* water dragon and one with nefaria.

I'm sure that water account is better but...gotta go with the waifu.

e: add me plz 9393 0619 287

Ceramics fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Sep 28, 2018

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Is there any word at all about when this will be released in Australia?

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007
After about 5 rerolls (gently caress that download size) I got a Neferti 5* and a 5* Niddhog on the first pull..... followed by two more Niddhogs on the 2nd. Go-go getting three 0.1% pulls.
The newbie pack 5* got me Ezelith and afterwards got Jeanne d'Tits...who is for some loving reason a humanoid waifu dragon.

Game is fun. Music is really good, love the passive meandering home screen, that's some style.

Controls work fine, the dash takes a bit to get the hang of. Some of the character attack patterns are really nuts, Ezelith has a massive vaulting back dash at the end of her combo. It's good to get you out of almost any AE if timed right, annoying if there's no danger to avoid.

All that being said, it feels like I can aim my melee better then my archer.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Got my start - 5* Xander and critical damage up Wyrmprint on first roll and two Ezelith on the second which gave me a ton of the gacha currency stuff. Took about a dozen rerolls.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I only got a couple of 4 star characters from the Gatcha so far. I know I probably should but I do not feel much like rerolling. I am just going to hope that something better comes along by the time I really need it.

Also, it is clear why they gender locked the MC: They are leaning HARD on the relationship with the little sister character to the point where I honestly feel uncomfortable. At least she gets captured at the end of the first chapter

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Rerolling is not worth burning out

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Unlucky7 posted:

Also, it is clear why they gender locked the MC: They are leaning HARD on the relationship with the little sister character to the point where I honestly feel uncomfortable. At least she gets captured at the end of the first chapter

other characters want to bang him too

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
Been rerolling 5 at a time for Nefaria. I think Gilles infected my one of my rolls or something:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
grinding might till 5400 so I can grind more gold so I can buy for stuff for equipment and dragon and

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Is the name I choose for the MC "my" name, the one that shows up on the friends list and such, or can I set a separate nickname somewhere?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Genovera posted:

Is the name I choose for the MC "my" name, the one that shows up on the friends list and such, or can I set a separate nickname somewhere?

It is "your" name and will show up on friendlists.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

SpaceDrake posted:

It is "your" name and will show up on friendlists.

Well that's a bit off-putting for me, since the MC has to be male.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is co-op busted on Android or is it just me? game hangs endlessly when I hit Create room and have to exit the game and when I hit find it just always tells me no rooms can be found. Tried on wi-fi and on data. This sucks. :(

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is co-op busted on Android or is it just me? game hangs endlessly when I hit Create room and have to exit the game and when I hit find it just always tells me no rooms can be found. Tried on wi-fi and on data. This sucks. :(

That's a known bug affecting a subset of users. I don't know if there's a fix, try checking reddit

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Genovera posted:

Well that's a bit off-putting for me, since the MC has to be male.

yeah, it's really weird.

I just stick with the default name and tack on (SA) as usually.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Just got far enough into the story that it explains why Jeanne D'arc looks like a lady and not a dragon.

Some dragons can take a human form, if they want to. It's magic, don't worry about it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Pulled a second Jeanne. Not sure if I should use her to uncap my first or not...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
47 rerolls later, I finally got Nefaria! I might have been unlucky, but my SSR character rate was really low: I ended up with a .74% SSR character chance with 7 SSR characters in 940 pulls. If they mimic Granblue's surprise ticket model it won't be as bad, but muddling the character pool with both FGO-style CEs and the dragons will be really rough on some people.