Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe

Looks like Nintendo and Cygames is making an original gacha action-rpg mobile game. You'll assemble a team of characters with different weapons and abilities that can transform into dragons and take on dungeons in real time combat. Characters level up, promote, and can be equipped with different weapons, skills and dragon transformations.

It looks like you can play any level in multiplayer mode, and they'll feature events with massive raids on huge bosses as well. We'll also get base building, which will produce resources for you and affect combat in some ways.

And of course it wouldn't be a mobile game without gacha elements. It seems like you can pull characters, dragons, weapons and support cards with the usual 3-5 star rarities.

Announcement trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4wz7Mb8Kqw

They also have a website up with some more game details and videos:

Gameplay:
https://dragalialost.com/en/gamesystem/

Characters and Dragons:
https://dragalialost.com/en/character/
https://dragalialost.com/en/dragon/midgardsormr/

I'm hopeful that Nintendo follows the trend they've set in Fire Emblem Heroes having significant content released on a constant basis and being generous with premium currency.

Game is now out!

Friend List:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kO_jxt7lZsXRvRNQa8lhiyybu6ulcde8O2r14VhXOa4/edit

To add yourself to the list, use this form:
https://goo.gl/forms/bhAJ8PeP2vAVgker1

Discord:
https://discord.gg/p7nwEHE

WalrusWhiskers fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Sep 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm worried that ARPG controls on a phone will be garbage but it's cute enough I'll give it a shot

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe
Yeah, hopefully the controls will feel tight and responsive even when playing multiplayer. I'd hate for the game to handle lag poorly and feeling out of control zipping around.

Oh, and apparently if you pre-register for the game on the site you'll get 1500 wyrmite which is 10 pulls on the gacha machine.

https://dragalialost.com/en/pre_registration/

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I'll give it a try but I don't know if I'll have enough time to really play this game. Technically it's not going to be available for Canada too so I dunno. FEH was available in Canada day 1 IIRC.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Sure, why not.

I can't really imagine how this will play out in practice though.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Looks good. I'll try it. It'll take a mighty force to pull me away from Heroes though.

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha
Comes out in two days. 😮

I’m interested and I’ll give this a whirl. The production values look pretty good at least. I’ve been playing FFBE for ages now so I’m at least mentally prepared for the gatcha end of it.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

I guess I'll try this one too. For veteran gatcha addicts, are there any other gatcha games that have FEHeroes-level grinding or less?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Here's hoping for a painless way to reroll

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

kinda sucks that android doesn't get to preload, 2.6gigs will take forever for me

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

golden bubble posted:

I guess I'll try this one too. For veteran gatcha addicts, are there any other gatcha games that have FEHeroes-level grinding or less?

This is Cygames so it will inevitably be a hellgrind. Plus being an ARPG means way more attention required from you regardless.

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm worried that ARPG controls on a phone will be garbage but it's cute enough I'll give it a shot

Shironeko Project is years old and does just fine and is more or less identical to this; I wouldn't worry about it.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Emalde posted:

This is Cygames so it will inevitably be a hellgrind. Plus being an ARPG means way more attention required from you regardless.

I don't mind being forced to pay attention to the gameplay. A good ARPG is it's own reward. But I have no room in my life for a hellgrind.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm hoping Nintendo will reign in Cygames' worst impuleses

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm hoping Nintendo will reign in Cygames' worst impuleses
Me too.

It is available for preload on iOS so some things have already been data mined. Single pull rates are very low like Granblue Fantasy, but that is meaningless without knowing if there is a spark or pity equivalent, 10-roll rates, or how generous they are with free pulls.

They have copied the best feature of GBF, stamps for multiplayer communication.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

grrarg posted:

Me too.

It is available for preload on iOS so some things have already been data mined. Single pull rates are very low like Granblue Fantasy, but that is meaningless without knowing if there is a spark or pity equivalent, 10-roll rates, or how generous they are with free pulls.

They have copied the best feature of GBF, stamps for multiplayer communication.

5 star rates increase by 1% every time you flub a 10pull. It's not clear whether this 1% is distributed among all three of if it only applies to characters/dragons

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Kinda weird there is no female MC, considering how popular she is in Granblue

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Futaba Anzu posted:

5 star rates increase by 1% every time you flub a 10pull. It's not clear whether this 1% is distributed among all three of if it only applies to characters/dragons

This alone already makes it better than FGO. Hopefully it'll be a F2P-units "completeable" game

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

Kinda weird there is no female MC, considering how popular she is in Granblue
Maybe the MC is not a required party member. Still weird though.

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

Only just now found this thread.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Roughly 2 hours until game is released. 3am EST barring any delays.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Futaba Anzu posted:

The main problem is that if it's distributed evenly among all three, it's mostly going to enhance the likelihood of getting spooked by a 5* print.

The 5* character and dragon rates Aren't Good and there's no real way around that. A lot is going to hinge on whether or not non-5*-locked characters can get the content done (ala FGO) when upgraded to 5*.

I'm still intensely curious about the game, but those rates are worrying and still kind of exploitative. Feels weird to have that kind of setup from a Nintendo game. :( (Though certainly the FEH gacha has its own problems...)

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I can't get this because it's not coming out where I am but I love this google play review:

quote:

Niandong Xu
September 27, 2018
My life has multiplied in joy after getting this maintenance notice gacha game. Every time I open the game, I am pleasantly surprised with yet another notification. I look forward to seeing many more loading screens and maintenance notices in the future.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I want to give this a shot because it's Nintendo but my data limits are hard enough on me as is, pushing that with a second game and an action game at that may be unreasonable. At the same time I don't want to wait because then I'll be behind and I don't like not being in from the beginning when it comes to gacha games.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
it's out in a couple more minutes, right?

Gonna add another mobile game in, I guess.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
Game is up for me.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Gonna mess around a bit tonight then see if there's a convenient way to reroll tomorrow

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Looks like it isn't working on emulators so rip easy rerolling. "This device is not authorized to play the game."

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

drat, I only got a smartphone earlier this year, and it's not good enough to run Dragalia. I was planning on using an emulator.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

first post redditor asking if getting ezelith + 5 star fire dragon is good haha gently caress off oval office

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
so we got masked time traveling family members and dragons again, huh?

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Got Ezelith on my first 10 pull. Gonna stick with it even though rerolls don’t seem too bad.

Good luck, friends.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Tired Moritz posted:

so we got masked time traveling family members and dragons again, huh?

Yeah, I would have been more annoyed if they didn’t recognize her, like, immediately.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I got some uggo as my free roll. Someone tell me if the pre-registration currency will be given to me again if I rerolled.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Tired Moritz posted:

I got some uggo as my free roll. Someone tell me if the pre-registration currency will be given to me again if I rerolled.

Yes it will, they have no way of tracking accounts for that. It's for everyone during launch.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It looks like right now you can get enough for a second tenfold summon by doing the quest to set a helper. Should help with rerolls to get two summon batches instead of just one.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

wtf all the inserts are by daoko lol

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I don't know how I already have a duplicate

This Elwater crap better be useful.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So am I gonna be the first to post it? Tch, fine.

Post dragon dads.

... or are there no dads but instead buff lady dragons I can't tell on these dead gay forums

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

There are both dads and moms and I will post a dad when I get one. Sadly the dads are rather rare, the rates are simultaneously better and worse than expected.

Also, has a method for rerolling that doesn't involve full-reinstalling been discovered yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Wow these rates are loving trash

I'm spoiled by FEH

I got a 5* equipment on the first reroll which is something but is also lame so I'll probably keep trying for a character or dragon