Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Allarion posted:

Luca resisting both curse and poison is nice, but it’s not complete immunity unfortunately, probably due to having both of them. Basically a filler archer till you get a better one.

Hm, I've got Rawn, and he's my most powered-up Light character so far (which is to say, not much), but I've also got Ryozen and he seems to be ranked a little higher. Maybe I'll feed him tomorrow's crystals and mana and see how far he gets. If nothing else, he seems like he'll survive better. I had been focusing on my 5*s, but Mikoto and Nefaria probably won't be super useful for this unless they way outpower stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Phantom Limb posted:

It's cool that they're not allowing co-op for the Challenge and Extra Boss fights in the event, really gives the AI a chance to shine.

Yeah, I love my healer getting taken out completely and my other 2 units taking half an HP bar of damage as soon as wave 2 shows up.

The AI really needs some avoidance, at least when six area attacks are stacked up like that.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Bloody Emissary posted:

Managed to clear the challenge quest without anyone dying! :woop:

I'm getting closer to beating it at all. I can sometimes make it to the boss without anyone dying, if the AI isn't too dumb, and I've beaten his adds, but not him yet.

Right now, I'm using Halloween Elisanne & Edward, Ryozen, and Hope. Edward & Hope were bumped to 4*, and with their current levels and gear the team's at 7705 might.

It seems like Hope likes standing around and getting nuked by eyeflies, and if everyone isn't grouped up the big skeletons will jump around and start taking them out one at a time. And the shields take forever to get through. I almost wonder if switching control to Hope to keep him out of stuff on waves 2 & 4 would be enough to keep him alive consistently.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Why does hitting the event button take me to the Halloween screen, despite there being a dedicated button right next to it. I just want to get to the daily mission screen without an extra tap.

I think it takes you to whatever event screen you had open last. But it might default to the Halloween one when you open the app.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Drakes posted:

Its a decent statstick at 4 copies, a must have if you're chasing 1.4m tricker points.

I'm trying to get the achievement for 7000 at once. With four of them equipped, I'm topping out at about 5900. I'm hoping once I can actually complete the challenge and not just beat everything but the boss it'll be enough, but I'm slowly working towards fully unbinding at least one of them just in case.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

RanKizama posted:

The free x10 summon snagged me a Halloween Althemia so I'm pretty happy today.

I wish I could have traded some of my 6-8 Halloween Edwards for one, she's the one I didn't get.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

FPzero posted:

I had that happen to me last night too.

I get that a lot, leaving the roost and going back seems to fix it, but it tends to happen again after I give a clover if I have more than 1.

Though right now, Nintendo’s site is giving me a 504 error so the game can’t authenticate.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

FPzero posted:

I'm spending ages today grinding Flamehowl Ruins. I need those basic red orbs!

I'm stuck on the lowest level red dragon scales right now, I need like, a couple dozen of them to keep going with the mana circles for my fire team. And I'm not sure if you get more of those running the lower level challenge, or if I should gather more blue scales to upgrade Lillie and do the higher level ones.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

I figured I’d buy the pack that comes with a 5-star ticket and give it a shot. Got Nefaria and Mikoto, both of which were duplicates.

Back to free playing.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Yeah, fully completed story mode in both difficulties, but I still play through all the daily stuff and events. I mean, there are numbers to make bigger.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Nalin posted:

Well, Xander IS ridiculous and probably one of the best water characters in the game. He can have +40/50% FS naturally. Then add another +30/40% from WPs, stick on a bunch of Crit Rate Up gear/dragons, and Tap > Tap > FS your way to victory in all content.

Good choices for Dream Summon:

Hildegarde (light) (If you don't have V.Hilde)
Mikoto (fire) (High Mid melee powerhouse)
Xander (water) (HAIL TO THE KING)
Murderbelle (wind) (I meant Maribelle, whoops)
Lin You (wind) (can sleep enemies)
Annelie (light) (can stun enemies)

I went with Maribelle on mine, since Wind was the only element I didn't have a 5-star or other S-tier in. And I've been saving my Wyrmite and 10-summons since the gala ended to use on the next gala/limited summon, but used the one-off tickets from the event and got Xander. My water team was doing Ok anyway (I already had Lilly and Dragonyule Cleo), but now hopefully I can do the Master challenge.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Same.

Also yet another newbie question, anyone know off hand when I unlock the ability to well, unlock mana circles? I need more Alphonse Mana stones for FE challenges but it says I need to unlock them first. Do they need to get to max level?

Do you have mana circles in your "Upgrades" section yet? I forget what chapter that unlocks on, but it's pretty early. Once you unlock all 10 in a ring, you can tap the big crystal in the center and spend resources to unlock the next circle up.

If not, just plow through story mode until that unlocks. You'll also need orbs and dragon scales along the way if you're trying to get to the higher challenges on that. You'll want to keep going through story mode until you have Jupiter's trial unlocked, give gifts to light dragons, and/or buy what you need with the event badges.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

ZarathustraFollower posted:

How far off am I from being able to try the void battles? I can auto some of the master IOs already (my might is around 16k for an average team).
You should be able to do the lower level ones (mushroom, hermit, ghost) in co-op. You might be at the point where you can solo them, but you would probably have to do it manually. That's also assuming you don't have a ranged on your water team, since the ghost takes pretty much no damage from ranged.

Don't do the other ones until you can build one of their counter weapons, and start with co-op until you can get a set for your team. My 20k light team has a full set of weapons and can auto the obsidian golem with no losses, working on sets for the other teams/bosses.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Gearman posted:

With the upcoming crafting improvements, making 4.3s will also be a lot faster and easier.

I'm looking forward to that for making the void weapons at least.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Over 15-ish 10 summons and a handful of singles, I got Marishiten, Addis, and I already had Sazanka (and got multiples of her), and also somehow wound up with Laranoa, Curran, and Cupid among all the duplicates. Still no Ieyasu. Hopefully he'll show up in a daily deal, I've gotten a few other featured 5*s that way, but I'm not counting on it.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Gearman posted:

That's already a really great haul.

Yeah, I know, I just got spoiled by getting all four Fire Emblems with summons to spare. And Ieyasu is the one limited 5* that hasn’t come home for me.

Hopefully he’ll be in the next Dream Summon if I don’t get him this time.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

The Void shop advice is appreciated! I'll prioritize the Slimes and Gold Fafnirs first, then the other Fafs. Once I get all the best limited stuff anyway, since I am hard up for materials.

Ooh, this is exciting. I'll be able to farm IO's much more reliably now. My team can almost do Shadow 3 without much help with Julietta at the lead. Just takes some occasional Support healing and rolling her back towards the boss when she gets distracted by fodder. My thanks to everyone who runs a Hildegarde support. If they actually dodge the AoEs and spikes I can almost hands-off it. I wonder if they'll ever Dragon on their own.

The weapon crafting is fantastic though. I've barely touched crafting since I just don't have the mats for it but being able to do it all at once instead of all the tedious individual leveling up and unbinding will make it far more palatable.

The dodging isn’t perfect, but I was able to auto Master water IO with minimal intervention (moving Maribelle around one log and popping dragon). I was also able to auto Master Midgarsormr (not the high version) with zero intervention, and I’m not sure if it was due to dodging stuff or if my fire team became beefy enough after getting Marth that he just didn’t pull off the attacks that usually wipe the AI. Those are the only two Master events I couldn’t auto before. If they just fix ranged attacks around logs, I think it’d work on full auto.

Also, when gifting dragons, it’ll show you if the big gift is a preferred one, and the bond level will change to preview what it’ll be after gifting.

The weapons are also sorted by void vs normal now, thank goodness.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The 300 apology wyrmite combined with the daily reset gave me enough for oooonnne last multi. Right before I pulled I looked at the banner and saw that Curran was rateup for some reason. Thought it was weird, pulled, and of course he pops out instead of Ieyasu...

Can't really complain since I wanted him, and he's cute....But still...Cmon man...

Yeah, I also got the buttholder. And Sylas showed up on a daily deal today.

I do like that with newer adventurers, they're including ones you may or may not have in their stories now. Like, aside from just not leaving Luca out of everything, Sylas' first story included Aileen (she's one of the few 4*s I don't have - does her story include her gardening, or was that strictly from the comic strip?) and mentions of Kleimann and Sinoa.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

I was down to the one freebie 10-pull for this one, and wound up with only Gilgamesh (for like the 6th time now). There's another raid event coming up in a few days, so hopefully I can wring enough out of that for one more 10 pull if nothing comes up on the daily deals.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Takoluka posted:

Jeeeeesus
Yeah. I've bought some of the packs and special summons, but I refuse to buy diamonds by themselves, and the ones I get from the packs go to the daily deals and I'm not blowing $25 on a 10-summon.

I don't really spend a lot on games anymore, and I spend a lot of time on this one, so I don't mind tossing money into it. But I have to keep myself on those limits so I don't go too far.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Welp, saved up enough for one last 10 pull, no Mym, but I did get Sarisse, so not a total loss.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Double IO drops is amazing and I am going to be deeply sad when it is gone. I should be grinding on it much more than I have been. I even burned my resources to make a Water team capable of auto-ing it, but alas I am just so lazy.

I ran it a lot today (aside from a break for Pokemon Go community day), and I’m currently sitting on 1050 or so of the small coins, which has been my bottleneck for upgrading dojos.

I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s double water IO event though, that’s the one that’s still iffy to auto for me, so I can go through my pile of ashes and plow through with groups.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Elephant Ambush posted:

Ranged characters aren't great on that map because the logs can block your shots.

I use Addis, Aeleen, Ku Hai and Lin You. I babysit them a little though. I have a healer helper and I press the dragon button when it's up. I don't really need to though.

I managed to assemble a working anti-freeze team that seems to be able to complete it without me needing to hit the dragon button (though that does make it faster). Sylas, Johanna, Melody, and Sophie. Sylas is at 100% freeze resist, the others are upgraded to 4* and have wyrmprints making them 70%+ resist right now. I haven’t seen any of them get frozen, so I think the resistance + AI dodging is working.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfCPM9jBjg0

Lily's VA did an English cover of Bokura no Network, aka the main menu song.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

I just beat level 20 Shadow, but my light team is my beefiest, so I'll have to see what I can do with the others.

Finished it with like 2 seconds left - the trick seems to be to use 4 DPS and take a good 3-use helper skill. You can use the helper skill to dodge his one attack (fire it off just before he claps and the iframes should cover the whole team), or just use it for extra damage if you don't need to avoid it.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Just finished all the level 20s. For the tougher ones, doing it manually to make sure I could iframe the attacks and picking either Elly or one of the Freeze attackers as a helper was key. Elly's 20% boost was super helpful on the ones that came down to the last few seconds, and when she wasn't available in my friends, the Freeze ones are a bit more forgiving on the timing so they prevented the attacks from getting through.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Waffleopolis posted:

Oh good! I also just pulled this wedding Elisanne. I am not sure how tier lists are for this game.

There's a list here that seems to be updated pretty often (not for the latest banner yet), and at least includes some explanation for most of them.

The thing is, tiers are very content-dependent. Their logic for the tiers is general usage. And they have a separate list for void battles, since each void boss only has 4 weapons to counter its special ability, so that limits you to 3 of those + a healer. Barring stuff like Fjorm or Lily freeze tactics.

And for dragons and IOs, picking a team based on resistances is helpful if you want to auto them. Which you can filter by when building a team.

The plus side is once you beat a mission, you can check off the save team option. Then next time, you can hit the "history" button and pull up the same team, and it's actually editable (doesn't save unless you beat it with that team though).

I used about 20 of my single tickets and 1 10-pull since I was sitting on a lot of both, and wound up with bridal Xania and Aoi, and Nurse Aeleen, so I figure I'll stop there. Wedding Elly would be nice, but she's not limited so no rush.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

El Burbo posted:

fight doesnt seem hard, just very tedious

My main problem is people will try to rush it, lose most of their team, and either them or the host will drop. Or get their whole team hit by the purple and asleep.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Bwuh, it is nowhere near that cheap

Unless you're counting the overall discouht of buying a whale pack.

And if you’re factoring in discounts, you can get them cheaper in DL by using the 7-day packs. Probably $12-$13 if you break it down.

You’re restricted by time on that one though. I’ll buy that one every few weeks to keep enough diamonds to do the daily deal, but that’s the only thing I use it for.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

I'm holding off until the last day, so I can use my daily deals & weekend freebies first. I figure I'll either get one or more of the gala units or boost the 5* rate trying. Then I'll worry about bumping up the rate with my saved single tickets and doing a couple of 10 pulls.

I don't have great luck with gala units - I did get Sarisse during the Mym gala, but she's the only one so far.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Star Guarded posted:

Gonna give HJP a couple weeks of letting other people strategize before I try to clear it for real, I think.

I only just finished beefing up Sarisse and finished normal difficulty HMS today, I've got a while to go before I do any of the other dragons. I still need to decide who to target for those upgrades, looks like I've got a few possibilities for each.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Wow, people are really bad at the Valfarre fight on master difficulty. He does the crisscross attack and like half the people just die. :sigh:

The AI can't seem to handle it very well, I seem to lose at least one every time. And if you happen to be behind him at the time, he'll block the purple bars so you have to kind of guess where to go.

I've just been doing it at one below Master to get through them.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Am I an idiot? Where are y'all seeing the option to search for/join alliances?

Did you update the app?

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Used the 3 freebie 10 summons and got Freyja and a second Leviathan. I had gotten Pazuzu on a daily deal earlier. Then I saw the summer units weren’t limited and did one more 10 pull, and got Gala Cleo (and a dupe Naveed).

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Dad Jokes posted:

Ah, so the craft button is a shortcut for manually making a level 2 unbound maxed out weapon?

It doesn't unbind it unless you make multiples, and it doesn't level up the final product. But basically:

Select a Tier 1 weapon, it makes it, and optionally unbinds it if you make multiples.

Select a Tier 2 weapon, it uses the materials to make 5 Tier 1 weapons, unbind them and level it to the max (hence the needed XP), plus the materials needed to upgrade it to Tier 2. If you're making multiples, multiply the material and XP item cost.

Select a Tier 3 weapon, and the material cost is enough to make 25 Tier 1s, unbind them and level up the resulting 5, then upgrade the 5 tier 2s, unbind them, level that one to max, then upgrade it.

And yeah, that all used to have to be done manually. Making a Tier 3 void weapon took forever.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

PDQ Law posted:

The rate increase only applies to that showcase, and it will reset for the next showcase.

Thank you for reminding me, I always mean to do a 10 summon on the last day and forget.

This time, the 10th one turned from gold to rainbow (no doves, fafnirs, or rainbow crystal on the summon screen), and Summer Julietta showed up. She was the last summer unit I didn’t have.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

I AM THE MOON posted:

5 last minute single tix

no celery but i got the other 2 so hell yeah also the new banner looks like poo poo so gently caress that noise

Summer banner 1 is still running, at least for today. And you can snag a free pull & daily deal on that one too.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

CyberLord XP posted:

I already have a stacked Verica.

That’s not you, it’s just what Verica looks like.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Elephant Ambush posted:

Wait what? I just did a coop void and didn't see an auto button. What am I missing?

Did you update the app?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Gearman posted:

Do you have a void weapon for your Xander?

To expand on this, if your melee doesn't have a void weapon, they're going to die very quickly to scorching circle -- the little red zone around the boss. There is no other way to mitigate it. Ranged characters don't need to worry about it.

Yeah, I was going to say that Xander is a beast in that fight, 3 Xanders and a healer is easy mode.

For any Voids beyond the shrooms and hermits, it's really helpful (if not required) to use the void weapons.