Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

i'm of the belief that Red Bull Leipzig can go and get hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Troy Queef posted:

i'm of the belief that Red Bull Leipzig can go and get hosed

agreed

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
lol our form is completely unrecognizable from the shambling poo poo show we were in August-September. Still a decent chance Celtic can go through, although it'll rely on other results going our way a bit and hoping Salzburg don't give a gently caress by the time we play them on matchday 6.

Also that Rangers game sounded hilarious.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Arsenal reserves are currently 1-0 up in front of about 100 people in Kiev

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
It's -12 Celsius in Kiev and Arsenal have brought a whole host of teenagers with Cech and Ramsey. Kinda poo poo so far but Smith-Rowe scored after lucking into a ball from Nketiah.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Lol that Ramsey dive.

Edit: 2nd viewing there's a leg that takes him down.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Decent finish. Probably should be stopped. Whatever that's 3.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Arsenal are going to win a European Trophy

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Dece kickabout for the lads so far.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

can Celtic just join the Tippeligaen given how many times they've played Rosenborg the last decade

e: Milan losin' to some Dudelanges

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Nov 29, 2018

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

That's the greatest goal ever for Smith Rowe.

Edit: Aw they gave offside.

mang
Jul 21, 2015
milan are gonna score 6 goals in this game

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Nketiah is the only player trying in the last 30 minutes and still can't score lol.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Borini has found his level.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
"the dashing Pedro" lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lmao red card after 6 minutes

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

"A difficult task like the north face of the Eiger" what is going on with the commentary

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Rangers had a player sent off for a second yellow on half time. This game is pretty much as awful as I expected it to be. I hope Santi gets on and does cool/good things.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA Rangers 'score' and it's offside. This game is so bad, but funny.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

rex rabidorum vires posted:

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA Rangers 'score' and it's offside. This game is so bad, but funny.

Villareal play like late-Wenger era Arsenal, so many sideways passes with no options and just poo poo defending.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Group G is now winner stays on.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/UEFA/status/1069315444295827456

quote:

• The new competition (which has the working title of UEL2) will mirror the existing UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, and feature 32 teams in a group stage.

• The format will see eight groups of four teams, followed by the round of 16, quarter-finals, semi-finals and final.

• An additional knock-out round will be played before the round of 16 between teams ranked second in their groups and the third-ranked teams of the UEFA Europa League groups.

• The new competition will feature 141 matches over 15 match weeks, exactly like the UEFA Europa League.

• The winner of the new competition will be entitled to participate in the UEFA Europa League in the following season.

• The new competition matches will be played on Thursdays. As such, the UEFA Champions League continues to be played on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, the UEFA Europa League and the new competition will be played on Thursday with one additional kick-off time slot for a limited number of matches in principle at 16.30 (CET) to be further defined.

• All club competition finals will be played in the same week: Wednesday (new competition), Thursday (UEFA Europa League) and Saturday (UEFA Champions League).

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
christ gently caress off with this poo poo uefa

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Can't wait to see English teams give even less of a poo poo

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
If you're able to win a tournament like that and not get yourself relegated, I suspect you have the squad depth to end up in the CL places of your league anyway.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

So it's like the old Europa league except English clubs are doomed to pay the same 3 other teams forever?

At least with it like it is now I get to see Belarus and Hungary, which is at least a little variety.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Who qualifies for this competition? 7-9? What is the bloody point.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Flayer posted:

Who qualifies for this competition? 7-9? What is the bloody point.

Literally gambling, like the competition that preceded it. Or more money from places like Azerbaijan.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Yeah, EL2 exists because even the higher ups at UEFA started to think further expanding the EL would tarnish its already bad reputation.

EndlessRagdoll
May 20, 2016

qsvui posted:

christ gently caress off with this poo poo uefa

Just reading this poo poo. What the gently caress is wrong with UEFA??

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Fully expecting to get loving destroyed tonight because I have been laughing at Inter for 2 straight days.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
what's his name

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Weaponized Cum posted:

what's his name

Olympiacos

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

some tasty games already going on, especially in Group G which is basically win and you're in

e: bye-bye, Stevie Gerrard's Rangers. you won't be missed.

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Dec 13, 2018

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Besiktlol

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's gonna be a chill Thursday night in Istanbul

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
I need a clip of that Bordeaux players tripping himself in front of his own goal

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

Fully expecting to get loving destroyed tonight because I have been laughing at Inter for 2 straight days.

Oh, I was right.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

are milan dead with this result?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Simone Poodoin posted:

are milan dead with this result?

Well after Zapata scored an own goal he scored an actual goal, so no. Milan are out if Olympiacos win by two goals.