Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
First of all, the baby is fine. Here is what happened. On Wednesday my wife was cooking in the kitchen so she put our 8-month old infant in the crib. Usually he takes a morning nap at 11 and another one in the afternoon. She heard a soft bang sound and ran back to the bedroom, and saw the baby playing on the floor mat next to the crib. As far as she could tell, the baby climbed over the rail guard and land on the bag of dirty clothes, and rolled onto the floor mat. There was no burst on the baby and the landing sound was not loud. See diagram

We have standard sized crib and standard size rail guard. I recently removed all the spacers under the mattress so it sat on the bottom of the crib. If I want the mattress any lower I would have to saw off the bottom. The fence is as high as his lip, in fact he uses the fence for teething. The guy just start leaning to stand leaning against things about 1 month ago, which he does all the time. He can't walk yet, I understand baby start to walk around 12 months. So...how the heck did he went from standing with support to climbing? When we are playing with him in the larger fenced up play mat, he never exhibited any motion of put one foot up to climb.

My wife and me discussed it a few times and we still couldn't believe that he climbed out of it himself. Of course my wife could be pranking me but she is alien to the concept of practical prank. She texted me right after it happened and she was scared. So that left to the only explanation that the baby climbed out of the 2-feet height rail guard himself. I searched "baby climbing crib" videos on youtube, and they are much older babies, like at least one and a half year old. I am not taking any chance. I ordered a mosquito net and I am going to make my wife wrap it around the crib when she is cooking.

What do other parent-goon think? Is my baby a ninja? Did my future son visited me with a time machine and put his past self on the flood? Am I thinking too much? I haven't post a new thread in GBS since forever so you guys can have at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
What a show off baby.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

this kid is the next houdini you need to send him to david blaine magic school right away

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Nice humblebrag about having sex op

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

This seems like a serious red flag, who knows what that baby could do with such s great amount of freedom.
Since infants do not know right from wrong, it is not inconceivable that he would slam a knife into you and your wife's jugular were he to escape as you were dozing.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Criss Angel Mindfreak University

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Your babby is smarter than he lets on and is secretly plotting to overthrow you and take control of your house. Keep a close eye on him.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
babies can be crazy little escape artists

or maybe he can teleport

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Your babby is smarter than he lets on and is secretly plotting to overthrow you and take control of your house. Keep a close eye on him.

Yes these are my thoughts.

Klauser
Feb 24, 2006
You got a dick with that problem!?!
I don't know dude maybe set up a camera.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Sorry about your baby going bald :\

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
Once they get a leg up when the crib is lowered all the way you have to switch to a bed or if that crib is convertible, convert it by removing the railing and installing the standard, low side piece. Is yours convertible? Honestly if not you have to get a bed now. Netting sounds dangerous.

I think ours did it around 12 months but it may have been younger.

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe

Fallows posted:

Sorry about your baby going bald :\

Yeah.. we might dye it red and go for the jack-jack look.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
Spare the shackles and spoil the child IMO

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

You forgot to put the lid on the crib

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I am concerned for your wellbeing I would counsel that you keep a loaded firearm near your person at all times.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
you didn't put the top on the cage you moron of course the baby's going to escape

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe

Sten Freak posted:

Once they get a leg up when the crib is lowered all the way you have to switch to a bed or if that crib is convertible, convert it by removing the railing and installing the standard, low side piece. Is yours convertible? Honestly if not you have to get a bed now. Netting sounds dangerous.

I think ours did it around 12 months but it may have been younger.

We had one side of the crib open, the side connected to our bed and was only separated by a soft cargo net. But as soon as he learn to crawl he ran over it like a 4-legged panzer tank. That's why I screwed all sides of the guard rails back in. He had already fallen from the big bed to the floor. I am not too worry about it since the big bed is lower.

But at this point, I think only putting mattress directly on the floor like a Japanese is the only safe way.

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?
He's using those green things (what are they??) to support his feet and pull himself up and over. Take them off.

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
If the baby got himself out of the crib then I guarantee he was crying for mommy for at least fifteen minutes and wine mom just ignored him, hoping he would go back to sleep. How do you feel now? Is the net so the baby can't get out, or is it so your wife can't get in?

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Also what is that cord up by the head of the crib? Attached to that white box thing?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Your baby might be possessed by a demon. I would put cameras in the room for 24/7 live feed and then you can see how he levitates.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Ankle weights would solve this problem. People pour concrete around their kids' feet to them from escaping, which is why so many people have imprints of baby feet in their houses.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

house of the dad posted:

Ankle weights would solve this problem. People pour concrete around their kids' feet to them from escaping, which is why so many people have imprints of baby feet in their houses.

I would also bedeck the infant in full plate mail appropriate to his size, and allow his diapers to accumulate at least a single pound of poo poo before disposal to further limit his mobility.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
why did you put lipstick on the baby

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe

Lacey posted:

Also what is that cord up by the head of the crib? Attached to that white box thing?

It's a Xiaomi Dafang camera but I didn't have it running 24/7. I just use it to look at my son sleep from work once in a while.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

tino posted:

What do other parent-goon think? Is my baby a ninja? Did my future son visited me with a time machine and put his past self on the flood? Am I thinking too much? I haven't post a new thread in GBS since forever so you guys can have at it.

he probably climbed over the rail, the general rule of thumb is that boys develop gross motor skills more quickly (running, climbing) and girls develop fine motor and verbal skills more quickly. your son could be ahead of the curve in terms of being a climber. does he walk yet or just cruise? (walk while holding things)

toddlers are like ants, they have a very high ration of power to body weight so they are ridiculous climbers. you should make sure all your heavy furniture is tied to the wall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt3EKUHPIf8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSGTZHDJa4Q

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

luxury handset posted:

he probably climbed over the rail, the general rule of thumb is that boys develop gross motor skills more quickly (running, climbing) and girls develop fine motor and verbal skills more quickly. your son could be ahead of the curve in terms of being a climber. does he walk yet or just cruise? (walk while holding things)

toddlers are like ants, they have a very high ration of power to body weight so they are ridiculous climbers. you should make sure all your heavy furniture is tied to the wall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt3EKUHPIf8

quote:

Claire Pratten
1 year ago
A baby should not be rock climbing

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Clearly this is the exact same type of situation portrayed in Ray Bradbury's non-fiction essay "The Small Assassin," where the baby is super-intelligent, but still extremely selfish. He is trying to kill you and your wife as revenge for forcing him out of the womb. You know what you have to do

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
put the baby back into the womb

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
It's those green things, I don't really think they are necessary. You should be able to find some mesh cover that goes around the bottom and doesn't tie to the top of the crib.

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

tino posted:

It's a Xiaomi Dafang camera but I didn't have it running 24/7. I just use it to look at my son sleep from work once in a while.
So the cord is an electrical cord? You should move the electrical cord out of the baby's reach since you don't want him chewing it.

And the green things are..bumpers? Take those out and congrats on your gymnastic baby.

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Demon Of The Fall posted:

It's those green things, I don't really think they are necessary. You should be able to find some mesh cover that goes around the bottom and doesn't tie to the top of the crib.

No they'll climb the mesh ones too

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I heard about this before. In 99% of cases it turns out a poltergeist was doing it

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
somebody get that baby in some tights - we've got an olympics to win!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
ur baby is a dud, sorry to be the only one w the heart to tell u

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Hey, remember that episode of X-Files where the antagonist was a guy who could somehow fit through pipes and tried to kill Scully by coming up through the toilet?

Just saying. If you see a paper hive in the corner you should contact the FBI.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Gay Weed Dad posted:

Spare the shackles and spoil the child IMO

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Everyone knows that young children have softer bones and will simply bounce after falling from a height. You have nothing to worry about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice

Lacey posted:

So the cord is an electrical cord? You should move the electrical cord out of the baby's reach since you don't want him chewing it.

And the green things are..bumpers? Take those out and congrats on your gymnastic baby.
This guy has a good eye. In addition to chewing a cord can be pulled into the crib and choked on.

A co worked walked in the baby room one day and the baby had pulled a cord into the crib and had it wrapped around her neck. The baby was fine but you don't want to live that scenario.

• Locked thread