Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Second page:
https://twitter.com/WorldOfMarkyD/status/1035521741164961792

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

hambeet posted:

doing the rounds on facebook

Lol who is going to read that essay

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Queensland can have Tweed Heads though.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

hambeet posted:

doing the rounds on facebook

Ah David Davis, the man with the second most bland name in politics after Matthew Guy.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Recoome posted:

Lol who is going to read that essay

Olds.

Better than them trying to do memes.

Labor *poo emoji*
Liberal *100 emoji*

That'll get the kids!

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Gavin McInnes is really hitting Australian tour demographic by advertising on Something Awful dot com.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Why is leaving his children vulnerable to sexual abuse such a pressing concern for
Scumo?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Hold the phone I'm hearing now somebody in Victoria was hit by a car during the last 4 years !!!

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Both channel seven and nine morning news chose to present this information primarily through Pauline Hanson's reaction to it. They interview her every other day.

King Pawn
Apr 24, 2010

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Just before it loops, the little guy in the top middle has a face or something on it. Anyone make it out?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

scott morrisin made an tourism campaign they couldnt play in the uk

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

scott morrisin made an tourism campaign they couldnt play in the uk

It was a good tourism campaign, can't blame him for poms banning that but being ok with page three.

E: also with the furore they'd have gotten way more than their money's worth when it comes to the message that Australia is a place to relax and drink beer away from your oppressive grey nightmare.

JBP fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Sep 3, 2018

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Knobb Manwich posted:

Just before it loops, the little guy in the top middle has a face or something on it. Anyone make it out?

Nothing intentional, animation glitch.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Solemn Sloth posted:

lol the Victorian government just tabled 80,000 pages of previously confidential documents on Matthew Guy’s corrupt planning intervention while Minister :owned:

Just saw a clip of Matthew Guy saying something along the lines of "Labor should stop flinging mud at political opponents. How is that going to fix Victoria's crime problem?".

Last time I checked corruption was a crime :confused:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Guy is going to stay on message no matter what and it's going to be so loving funny.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I'm feeling pretty anxious about this election not gonna lie

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Jonah Galtberg posted:

Victoria? Yeah I think it's going to be closer than what people are saying.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
I think it'll widen the gap tbh.

I'm using this threads plottable tendency towards large-scale pessimism towards future election results as my divining rod. As nobody's predicting a full blown loss, I'm going to bet on a swing towards Andrews.

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

Yeah they’re getting enough free publicity from this crime fiction that I reckon they’ll get in.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

You Am I posted:

Ah David Davis, the man with the second most bland name in politics after Matthew Guy.

There are currently 2 British MPs called David Davis. Which is 2 too many.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Jonah Galtberg posted:

I'm not.

Victoria Strong.

Dandrews Premier for Life.

I await the Dandrews take over of Australia and ScoMo's kids getting put into Safe Schools re-education camps

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I wanna get off Dandrews wild ride

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

Guy is going to stay on message no matter what and it's going to be so loving funny.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-03/lucy-gichuhi-threatens-to-name-liberals-who-bullied-her/10196432

quote:

Liberal senator Lucy Gichuhi has threatened to use parliamentary privilege to name those inside the Liberal Party she says have bullied and intimidated her.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

The best part of the vic libs strategy is that they are making sure a mostly conservative christian demographic will never vote liberal.

Sparticle fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Sep 3, 2018

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Anidav posted:

Victoria? Yeah I think it's going to be closer than what people are saying.

Authorised by M. Guy, LNP, Melbourne.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/samdastyari/status/1036538118554320898

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Guys what if we started a petition to make pollies pay attention to the fact that a large voting bloc does not want to stand by while children are held in detention? I feel like a loving German citizen before world war 2.

How do petitions work? Could other people just download it, get other people to sign, and upload the petitions after a couple weeks etc?

Sorry for feeling activistic, I've got nowhere else to ask. I reckon I could put some hours into this, surely it would spread like wildfire on social media.

Edit: Like "The pledged commit to voting to the best plan to end detention centres as quickly as possible."

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

https://twitter.com/BetootaAdvocate/status/1036494783206678528

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

I might even have access to some local Instagram 'influencers' as disgustingly lame as that sounds

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Chadzok posted:

Guys what if we started a petition to make pollies pay attention to the fact that a large voting bloc does not want to stand by while children are held in detention? I feel like a loving German citizen before world war 2.

How do petitions work? Could other people just download it, get other people to sign, and upload the petitions after a couple weeks etc?

Sorry for feeling activistic, I've got nowhere else to ask. I reckon I could put some hours into this, surely it would spread like wildfire on social media.

Edit: Like "The pledged commit to voting to the best plan to end detention centres as quickly as possible."

Even better, what if every 3 years or so we let people cast votes for people based on them proposing policies they like.

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY
Oh how fortunes change.

https://twitter.com/7NewsSydney/status/1036528799016341504

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I get the feeling the LNP are at that stage of running the 2007 ad campaign with the scary union boss yelling "We're coming back!"

Can't find a video of it...

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpuokBQ8sXQ

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Ahhh that's the stuff. Straight to my veins

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
this is the best union ad ever imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcZcwkM21ds

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

WE'RE COMING BACK

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I think the biggest LNP bullshit was Abbott and Hockey in those contract with Australia ads.

I don't think there are any worse. Top me if you can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
I’m the unionist with the big suspenders

• Locked thread