Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

im wearing a backwards hat rn irl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

that's wild, i was going to commit suicide by train around the exact same time.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

RobobTheGreat posted:

no. he got hit by a train in the dalles, oregon, on august 11th. article in local paper (behind paywall) here. article's archived google cache here. the train engineer believes it was suicide.

his mom had been terminally ill for months and died in late august.

Well that's even sadder

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

pro tip for suicide by train: don't face the direction of the oncoming train. obviously it's much scarier to see it coming and there's a good chance you'll move.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

settle down, kevin

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
kevin, i hope you’re no longer in a place where suicide looks like a good option.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

President Beep posted:

kevin, i hope you’re no longer in a place where suicide looks like a good option.

RobobTheGreat
Jul 14, 2003

Mind your manners when talking to the king!

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

Well that's even sadder

agreed :(

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

President Beep posted:

nope, still living in a north american tech hub in 2018

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i hope your situation gets better, pk

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

graph posted:

i hope your situation gets better, pk

it is a bit better, but i gotta get outta this heck hole

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

PleasureKevin posted:

that's wild, i was going to commit suicide by train around the exact same time.

was the train late or something ?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Squeezy Farm posted:

was the train late or something ?

nice

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

suicide by train sucks, you'll give the engineer a trauma when you explode on his windshield.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

mike12345 posted:

suicide by train sucks, you'll give the engineer a trauma when you explode on his windshield.

What if he hurled himself under a train once the locomotive had already passed?

Please do not kill yourself. :therapy:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Schadenboner posted:

What if he hurled himself under a train once the locomotive had already passed?
ah, the ol' Karenina. classic move

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

infernal machines posted:

not to get all milkshake duck here, but he was superdeduper racist

dredging up this shitheap of a post because gently caress you buddy. mental illness sucks, and the defining characteristic of mental illness is that your fuckin brain is broke. then you sit there on your high horse making sure everyone knows he thought a thing that you don't think is right and boy howdy doesn't that make you look morally just? no, it just makes you a loving rear end in a top hat.

he was sick, it was going untreated because as a society we loving suck at handling brokebrain, and the result is that he died. meanwhile you feel it appropriate to tear the guy down because of symptoms of his illness as if that makes you the wokest motherfucker on the internet.

nope, just makes you an rear end in a top hat.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Visual GNUdio posted:

dredging up this shitheap of a post because gently caress you buddy. mental illness sucks, and the defining characteristic of mental illness is that your fuckin brain is broke. then you sit there on your high horse making sure everyone knows he thought a thing that you don't think is right and boy howdy doesn't that make you look morally just? no, it just makes you a loving rear end in a top hat.

he was sick, it was going untreated because as a society we loving suck at handling brokebrain, and the result is that he died. meanwhile you feel it appropriate to tear the guy down because of symptoms of his illness as if that makes you the wokest motherfucker on the internet.

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

this is the sort of guy that walks up to a dude with no legs at the gym and says "sure you can bench press all that weight BUT I BET YOUR 40 YARD TIME SUCKS AM I RIGHT?!?"

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Visual GNUdio posted:

All racists have mental illness so don't get mad at any of them. QED

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:thunk:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Salt Fish posted:

drat, owned. gently caress terry davis i hope he burns in hell, irredemable piece of poo poo

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Jonny 290 posted:

drat, owned. gently caress terry davis i hope he burns in hell, irredemable piece of poo poo

My posting is the sum of my brain chemistry and circumstance so you can't get mad at me.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
getting mad at racists is the best way to make them be not racist. they cant take that poo poo. its their kryptonite

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
guy writes an OS that was blackballed by every major PC manufacturer in the industry but salt fish has decreed that he wasn't ostracized enough. dig him up here comes my piss

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Jonny 290 posted:

guy writes an OS that was blackballed by every major PC manufacturer in the industry but salt fish has decreed that he wasn't ostracized enough. dig him up here comes my piss

I didn't say that.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Salt Fish posted:

*harry potter voice* reductio ad absurdum!!!

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I don't think it's that incorrect to say that all racism is mental illness.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

poor terry. he would have probably loved this

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

yospos is also off its meds, it would seem

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Salt Fish posted:

I didn't say that.

you didn't have to

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Salt Fish posted:

:thunk:

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Salt Fish posted:

I think some people here are missing this, but spouting racial epithets is a common feature of how schizophrenia presents, for some reason. If you see a homeless person on the streets with schizophrenia, hearing them shouting slurs is not at all uncommon - and often times, if you asked them you'd find they're not even racist. It's more like a tourette's tick or something. That's why Terry spoke and wrote slurs like he did.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
whether the guy was racist or just mentally ill, let's not stray from the fact that yospos was obsessed with him in a really unhealthy way and continue to be post-mortem

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
sounds like jealousy imo

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

game respect game

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

Salt Fish posted:

talk about missing the loving point. mental illness is real, and it's something you're having a hard time understanding for some reason. having a broke brain means your brain isn't working right. that might mean you believe all brown people are bad, but it also might mean that you think the CIA is after you. probably both things. that doesn't mean that racists are mentally ill, but it does mean that being mentally ill might lead you to believe all sorts of crazy poo poo. that's part of the deal.

the fact that you need this explained to you doesn't mean that you're mentally ill, it means you're loving stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Visual GNUdio posted:

the fact that you need this explained to you doesn't mean that you're mentally ill, it means you're loving stupid.

• Locked thread