Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
New month new thread motherfuckers.

We were discussing Couch Guy from the last thread.

Without my retirement pension, marriage, family, and a lot of therapy and drugs I’d totally be hot couch guy material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
This thread is now about hot chow guy.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i tend to believe it's an artifact of the general cheapification of furniture cuz peeps wised up to the fact that it depreciates pretty much 100% real fast

nobody fuckin buys used couches anymore in particular, cuz bedbugs, so couch manufacturers cheap the gently caress out on the faux leather

its not just about the guy, in other words

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm seriously considering having some leather and foam ordered at work, pay the rate for labor to make some cushions in the shop, and spending $100 on wood to build my own couch frame. I like external frames for my furniture.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/BrazilBrian/status/1035491937564995585?s=19

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

No.

No no no loving no

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

https://youtu.be/P3ALwKeSEYs

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ded posted:

This thread is now about hot chow guy.

first page always stuck in first gear

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

What the gently caress fuck8jg poo poo

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
A forever war somewhere not in a desert. Change of pace.

Also one of the worst ideas I've heard in a long time.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Make jungle ops great again

E: brown water ops for everyone?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
That's completely insane. Let Venezuela fall apart on its own, good Christ.

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
but i saw that marine commercial where they delivered boxes very obviously labeled ‘aid’ surely that is what we will be sending

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
also they had helicopters fully armed with what i assume are missiles full of humanitarian relief

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
We are going to invade because ???

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

maffew buildings posted:

If this was 2020 I'd say "don't change horses midstream" buuuuut

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Venezuela doesn’t even have Muslims so they’re going to have to work pretty hard to make up a reason for this

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Current event: It's the 79th anniversary of WWII kicking off.

Also, it's my birthday :shobon:

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
Rolls right off the tongue. Operation MASAGA: Making South America Great Again

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

SlightlyMad posted:

Rolls right off the tongue. Operation MASAGA: Making South America Great Again

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Current event: It's the 79th anniversary of WWII kicking off.

Also, it's my birthday :shobon:

You goof. Everybody knows WWII started on 12/7/41.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Bored As gently caress posted:

What the gently caress fuck8jg poo poo

A year or so ago Maduro tried to hire assassins to kill Marco Rubio because Rubio had said mean things about him, but they immediately ratted him out after leaving Venezuela.

I'm not saying we should do anything to Venezuela (we shouldn't), but that's the most legitimate causus belli America has had in decades.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

How in the actual dick is it September already??

Also:

Milo and POTUS posted:

If this was 2020 I'd say "don't change horses midstream" buuuuut
I am 100% a ok with drowning the current horse

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

A year or so ago Maduro tried to hire assassins to kill Marco Rubio because Rubio had said mean things about him, but they immediately ratted him out after leaving Venezuela.

I'm not saying we should do anything to Venezuela (we shouldn't), but that's the most legitimate causus belli America has had in decades.

Still, it's Marco Rubio tho.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Tryzzub posted:

but i saw that marine commercial where they delivered boxes very obviously labeled ‘aid’ surely that is what we will be sending

That's actually what the USAid boxes look like, I've loaded pallets upon pallets of the fuckers

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

maffew buildings posted:

Go take out MS13 at the source. They're from there right? Meh, it's down there somewhere.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Duke Chin posted:

How in the actual dick is it September already??

Also:
I am 100% a ok with drowning the current horse

No, I'm saying that "Don't change horses midstream" is 100% an incumbent strategy at this point, especially w/r/t wars and presidents.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

nullscan posted:

Go take out MS13 at the source. They're from there right? Meh, it's down there somewhere.

So basically the same premises behind the Iraq war.

e: Why aren't we running with our usual LATAM playbook of letting the CIA mess things up by backing right-wing paramilitaries.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I am really surprised that with the current administration's total hardon for MS13 they didn't pull a Sicario and link the gang to some flavor of islamic terrorist group.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks

psydude posted:

So basically the same premises behind the Iraq war.

e: Why aren't we running with our usual LATAM playbook of letting the CIA mess things up by backing right-wing paramilitaries.

Roughly ten years back, there was a bunch of articles kicking around how the CIA has no resources left to do pretty much anything in Central/South America because the WoT hoovered up every resources. So, probably because of that.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

What the gently caress.

They kept that incredibly quiet, drat. Do you have a source though? Everything I can find online only points to an uncorroborated attempt from a Venezuelan lawmaker.

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Sep 1, 2018

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Vasudus posted:

I am really surprised that with the current administration's total hardon for MS13 they didn't pull a Sicario and link the gang to some flavor of islamic terrorist group.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/status/1035879334781878273?s=19

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
brown people who don't speak spanish are bad for buisness the cartels do an excellent job for us of regulating the border from like.... an international security perspective. now you know domesticlly the drugs, cartel bangers and run of them mill criminals are an issue but theres no terrorism getting through mexico

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Fire headline writers into the sun

https://twitter.com/parkermolloy/status/1035892903791480832?s=21

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

quote:

On Feb. 10, 2008, Joseph Fradel, an American citizen, was stopped and searched at Moscow’s Sheremetyevo International Airport while en route back to the United States. Russian airport security officials found in Fradel’s possession a second U.S. passport under a different name.

Fradel’s response was unexpected: He immediately attempted to eat the second passport. When security officers grabbed the partially ingested passport, they saw the picture on the second document was the same as in Fradel’s passport, but the name wasn’t Joseph Fradel. It was Naum Morgovsky. Russian authorities let the man leave the country, but alerted their U.S. counterparts about the potential identity theft.

When Fradel landed in San Francisco, he was confronted by U.S. officials, and was found carrying credit cards in Morgovsky’s name, as well as business cards for Hitek, a night-vision company owned by Morgovsky.

A Joseph Fradel had died in Maryland in 1969. The real name of the traveler, who was arrested on the spot for passport fraud, was indeed Naum Morgovsky.

Then, for nearly a decade, the court case describing the passport-eating incident disappeared, sealed by a federal judge. This summer, Naum Morgovsky, an immigrant from Soviet-era Ukraine, and his wife, Irina Morgovsky, pleaded guilty in San Francisco federal court to breaking U.S. laws on exporting military equipment.

At its core, the case against the Morgovskys, which prosecutors have described as “a dizzying panoply of criminal activity,” revolved around allegations that the couple masterminded a scheme to export hundreds of military-grade night-vision device parts and other image-intensifier technologies to Russia, in violation of U.S. export control laws. Many of these devices were smuggled to a Moscow-based night-vision company that is a supplier to the Russian military and the FSB, the main successor agency to the KGB.

The Morgovskys’ tale, however, is not an isolated one. Former intelligence officials say it’s part of a larger story of Russia’s appetite for Western cutting-edge technologies with military applications. The Department of Justice has prosecuted at least five cases involving the illegal export of night-vision equipment to Russia in the past five years. All five cases involved the latest generation of night-vision devices that Russia in recent years has had trouble producing domestically.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-s...ewer&soc_trk=fb

Tradecraft

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

maffew buildings posted:

Because of COMMUNISM

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
All the major local broadcast stations here are running the funeral, except Fox, which is running its regular saturday kids crap.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Buddy I'd be pissed as a kid if you interrupted my Saturday morning cartoons with some dead dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Saturday cartoons aren't really a thing anymore though. Lots of nature stuff, animal adoption, veterinary shows nowadays.

I was just thinking maybe Fox told local affiliates not to bother covering it.

• Locked thread