Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Ya that picture is from a nice little spot in Prenzlauer Berg. Cheap and delicious as hell, I forget how many times I ate there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Elon Musk has to resign as Tesla's Chairman of the Board.

That was an expensive tweet!

https://twitter.com/eriqgardner/status/1046147840102334465

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Hexyflexy posted:

Agh, I only got back from Berlin a month ago and this is making me hungry. There is nothing as good as a Berlin kebab in the UK.

Chicken pakora with curry sauce in Glasgow.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1046098156776312832

Oh...

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1046147787358900226

Oh

NBC posted:

...Instead of investigating Swetnick's claims, the White House counsel’s office has given the FBI a list of witnesses they are permitted to interview, according to several people who discussed the parameters on the condition of anonymity. They characterized the White House instructions as a significant constraint on the FBI investigation and caution that such a limited scope, while not unusual in normal circumstances, may make it difficult to pursue additional leads in a case in which a Supreme Court nominee has been accused of sexual assault....

If the FBI learns of others who can corroborate what the existing witnesses are saying, it is not clear whether agents will be able to contact them under the terms laid out by the White House, the two sources briefed on the matter said.

Some areas are off limits, the sources said.

Investigators plan to meet with Mark Judge, a high school classmate and friend of Kavanaugh's whom Ford named as a witness and participant to her alleged assault.

But as of now, the FBI cannot ask the supermarket that employed Judge for records verifying when he was employed there, one of the sources was told. Ford said in congressional testimony Thursday that those records would help her narrow the time frame of the alleged incident which she recalls happening some time in the summer of 1982 in Montgomery County, Maryland.

Two sources familiar with the investigation said the FBI will also not be able to examine why Kavanaugh’s account of his drinking at Yale University differs from those of some former classmates, who have said he was known as a heavy drinker. Those details may be pertinent to investigating claims from Ramirez who described an alleged incident of sexual misconduct she said occurred while Kavanaugh was inebriated. Ramirez's lawyer said Saturday that she had been contacted by the FBI and would cooperate.

The conditions under which the FBI's reopened background check are occurring appears to differ from the one envisioned by Flake, who used his leverage as a swing vote to pressure the Trump administration to order the FBI investigation.

Flake said Friday he thought the FBI should decide the scope of the investigation.

“They’ll have to decide — the FBI you know, how far that goes,” he told reporters. “This is limited in time and scope and I think that it's appropriate when it's a lifetime appointment and allegations this serious and we ought to let people know that we're serious about it.”

Surprise surprise, Flake got loving Flaked again

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

facialimpediment posted:

owns

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST

I'm going to pretend this will blow up in their faces because the alternative is too painful.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

facialimpediment posted:

The seat of his now empty office chair was described best by the oncoming CEO as “grimey with a hint of musk.”

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

boop the snoot posted:

https://twitter.com/fairfaxcountypd/status/1046111740071751680?s=21

I’m currently at my old apartment turning my keys in and this is going on across the street. The swat team is here.

Tell them to give you a weapon so you can help.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

It was all a weed joke to impress Grimes after all.

He reached 419 through some bullshit math and "having recently learned of the significance in marijuana culture, decided to round up to 420 because 'I thought Grimes would find it funny'".

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Immanentized posted:

He reached 419 through some bullshit math and "having recently learned of the significance in marijuana culture, decided to round up to 420 because 'I thought Grimes would find it funny'".

That is the dumbest expression of love I have witnessed.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It was just a prank, bro.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's even better if you consider that the reason he hooked up with her was that he didn't want to go to the Met Gala alone.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Yeah but he's kinda blaming his ladyfriend

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'm really enjoying that regular people who haven't bought into the cult of Musk yet, are starting to realize what an idiot fuckhead he is.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Still loving hilarious that TSLA poo poo 15% of its value yesterday morning.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Kinda surprised it didn't go up.

Is it known who is taking over?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

MRC48B posted:

Kinda surprised it didn't go up.

Is it known who is taking over?

Musky boy is still the CEO, but now the board can vote him off the island and he can't do poo poo against it, so this was basically the first step to pushing him out of Tesla. The investors on the board are not happy about his Joe Rogan shenanigans, and they're also probably nervous about how to sneak their money out before Tesla goes tits up, and having a loudmouth rowdy Elon Musk as the CEO brings more eyes than they would like if they're trying to strip the copper wiring out of the walls before leaving.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
paypal man is also the stock price's last horcrux

expect a 25%-50% implosion when he leaves

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

bob dobbs is dead posted:

:getin:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://mobile.twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1045778401146130434

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

That will be Kavanaugh news pretty soon.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Immanentized posted:

ITT veterans mock a dude for doing dumb poo poo for pussy.

bob dobbs is dead posted:

It's gonna be real interesting since they've got two big debt payments due, I think November and March, totaling over a billion.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Is this...is this good? I can't tell.

Also, how much you wanna bet, if Tesla craps the bed, it takes the whole loving economy down with it.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Godholio posted:

ITT veterans mock a dude for doing dumb poo poo for pussy.

none of us ever tanked a bajillion dollar company by doing it tho

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

none of us ever tanked a bajillion dollar company by doing it tho

That we know of...

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

BigDave posted:

Means the lawsuit against trump taking presents can proceed.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Track Palin got arrested for domestic violence again. I can't wait for him to get sentenced to another diversion program by a veteran's court.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

BigDave posted:

Also, how much you wanna bet, if Tesla craps the bed, it takes the whole loving economy down with it.

Odds are probably better than I want to admit, though it will be really embarrassing when we write the history books that the Second Great Depression was caused by a weed joke.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Tesla's fate is likely to become an ultra high end luxury company that makes powertrain kits for popular luxury cars to convert them into electrics. It should be pretty clear that they have absolutely no business in making their cars on a large scale. They've squandered every advantage they had in getting a head start on the electric market and now actual real car companies are going to eat them alive.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

BigDave posted:

Pretty unlikely. Tesla has a sliver of the automobile market and a default on its debt would be a drop in the bucket compared to what some companies lose on similar ventures.

GM and Chrysler going under could have had ruinous results in 2008. Tesla going under would be a footnote in 2018.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Tesla's debt is structured in a way that it becomes equity if they default so musk will be out from there as the debt holders become the largest shareholders.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Debt holders becoming the largest share holders of a company thats rapidly devaluing sounds like a proposition for liquidating as much of tesla as possible. Nobody is going to want to be left holding that bag.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

M_Gargantua posted:

Debt holders becoming the largest share holders of a company thats rapidly devaluing sounds like a proposition for liquidating as much of tesla as possible. Nobody is going to want to be left holding that bag battery.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

And my idiot buddy is still going to buy a Tesla and is a disciple of the Church of Musk. I've tried for at least a year to convince him to stay the gently caress away, but lol he put down a downpayment on a Model 3 and apparently is going to pick it up after Christmas (if tesla is still around)

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Tesla will still be around. Stock prices have basically lost the past 12 months or so of absurdly fast growth, it's not like the company is going to shut its doors out of the blue.

That said, there's no way I'd put money on one of their cars until they get the QA up to snuff.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/ianbassin/status/1046238654774022144?s=19

Powerful self owns seem de rigeur nowadays

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

One of our doofy guys was talking about preordering a Tesla last year. He's an E-4 who blows through a lot of money on pc gaming stuff. He hasn't made E-5 because of dragging his rear end on his ALS, and possibly failing his last PT test.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Owning a tesla is going to be like owning a delorian.

only not as cool.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It would need a movie franchise anyhow, we don't need another half-assed stab at movie cars like Equilibrium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

ded posted:

Owning a tesla is going to be like owning a delorian.

only not as cool.

Deloreans work without having to worry about software updates.

• Locked thread