Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh yeah gotta map out the horror games I'll play now, during the brief period I'm not playing ForNS anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

Does anyone ever see the date change and feel like they wasted another month

No, but that's because I have absolutely no concept of time anymore and events from 2 weeks ago and events from yesterday merge into one and it's hard to remember anymore when they happened, so everything feels wasted

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh yeah gotta map out the horror games I'll play now, during the brief period I'm not playing ForNS anyway.

Evil Within 2 I can highly recommend! I’m playing Resident Evil games all month, I just finished 5 and I plan on tackling Operation Racoon and Revelations 2 this month.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Played TEW2 when it came out last year, I've been meaning to give the WiiU Project Zero game a for shake though so I'll probably do that.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's hosed up that paper mario the thousand year door would be one of the easiest games to update visually because the only thing about its art style that really ages is the texture resolution and since everything is so simple and defined it isn't too hard to redraw everything in the exact same style and nintendo's probably never going to rerelease it

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I think I’ll be trying Parasite Eve 1 and 2 this month myself. I’d like to sneak Silent Hill 3 in there as well.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Raxivace posted:

I think I’ll be trying Parasite Eve 1 and 2 this month myself. I’d like to sneak Silent Hill 3 in there as well.

PE1 good
PE2 bad
Silent Hill 3 good.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Both Evil Within games are fuckin great and I highly recommend them. The first one is kinda janky but in a really charming way

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Starglider was sick

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
today i tried to use slowdown to cheat through the mario party 1 minigames where you have to rotate the analog stick because i don't want to break my analog stick and i got to the one where you have to pedal really hard to cast light on a boo and it didn't work

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

coincidentally i watched an hour long video of a man ranking the 720 mario party minigames and the three or four stick rotating ones were dead last

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

The Colonel posted:

today i tried to use slowdown to cheat through the mario party 1 minigames where you have to rotate the analog stick because i don't want to break my analog stick and i got to the one where you have to pedal really hard to cast light on a boo and it didn't work

do you just play weird old games for a living or what’s the deal here

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

old games whip

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Cowcaster posted:

do you just play weird old games for a living or what’s the deal here

yes that but that's not why i was playing mario party, i just felt an urge to play mario party. i stopped playing mario party after that

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

i mean sometimes i just slam my nuts between the toilet bowl and toilet seat, that's not weird or anything, either

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Raxivace posted:

wait until december to play PE1, imo

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
parasite eve 1 is so great and amazing, partly because of how unique it is/was. Non giant titty woman main character, sort of ATB/Bullet Hell combat, it even has a story that mostly isn't garbage. I'm not sure there has ever been anything like it since then really.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

oddium posted:

coincidentally i watched an hour long video of a man ranking the 720 mario party minigames and the three or four stick rotating ones were dead last

What was number 1

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

October Chat Thread: Boosette Rises

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i mentioned that i do like write about old video games a while back in one of the earlier threads this year and i set up a patreon for it but i don't really mention it much cause it would feel weird. but. i do still do that, it is not a joke

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Colonel posted:

I've only beaten that game once and i still have no idea how I did it

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Poniard posted:

i mean sometimes i just slam my nuts between the toilet bowl and toilet seat, that's not weird or anything, either

Whatever makes you feel alive my man.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
anyway i just got the E ending in Nier Automata and this game is incredible

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm playing through Celeste for the third time this year and it's been several months since I played and I am loving up such simple platforming stuff that I mastered the last time and it is very frustrating

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The Colonel posted:

it's hosed up that paper mario the thousand year door would be one of the easiest games to update visually because the only thing about its art style that really ages is the texture resolution and since everything is so simple and defined it isn't too hard to redraw everything in the exact same style and nintendo's probably never going to rerelease it

What makes you think they would never do that?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Pigbuster posted:

What was number 1

booksquirm

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
My game of the month is the Stranger Things phone game. Seriously it's like Crystalis plus Zelda plus Earthbound and whoever made it deserves to be given infinite monies to make more awesome retro games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Colonel posted:

i mentioned that i do like write about old video games a while back in one of the earlier threads this year and i set up a patreon for it but i don't really mention it much cause it would feel weird. but. i do still do that, it is not a joke

Can you give me some money?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

can I start a patreon for my posts, because I put a lot of work into them

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

oddium posted:

booksquirm

Nice. For me it's either that one, Pushy Penguins, or Bumper Balls.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

FirstAidKite posted:

What makes you think they would never do that?

It has side characters other than "koopa" and "toad" and therefore Miyamoto would have to be dead and buried before it would be allowed back in front of the public.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Miyamoto is fine with weird characters, it is rpg mechanics he wants to toss completely from internal Nintendo development. Let the affiliates and contractors handle that poo poo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Help Im Alive posted:

Does anyone ever see the date change and feel like they wasted another month

Nope, I got through 5 games this month so I'm pretty satisfied

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

PantsBandit posted:

It has side characters other than "koopa" and "toad" and therefore Miyamoto would have to be dead and buried before it would be allowed back in front of the public.

Miyamoto was the producer for Thousand Year Door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
New Thread is up. ENJOY!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3870239

• Locked thread