Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
How convertible VWs were made:

I was reminded of beetles since there's a beetle looking brand spanking new and polished parked next to my workplace.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

His Divine Shadow posted:

How convertible VWs were made:

I was reminded of beetles since there's a beetle looking brand spanking new and polished parked next to my workplace.

Ett lång fordon med många låga fordon på sig.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Ett lång fordon med många låga fordon på sig.

No, these are not Fordons, they are Volkswagons.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
So, some old family books have ended up in my possession. Among them, some family Bibles, one I believe from the late 1800s, but I would have to double check. It's in pretty poor condition and is falling apart though.

However, one of the books is from 1916 called Library Of Health, by Frank Scholl. It is a list of diseases and how to prevent/cure them. I have not read its advice in full but I imagine a lot of it will kill you. As far as my googling has shown, this is a legit edition from 1916. There are later copyrights and editions from the 20s however this does not feature any of that I can see, only the 1916 copyright. From the start it lets you know you're getting 20 books in one volume, and as I can see the page count is over 1700.

It features a lot of writing, and some drawn pictures of organs and such, but BOOK XIX is a written section concerning the art of Jiu-jitsu and using it to defend yourself. With pictures.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

If you don't open a thread and give the Jiu Jitsu a proper scanning so people can photoshop then by god I will hunt you down.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

By popular demand posted:

If you don't open a thread and give the Jiu Jitsu a proper scanning so people can photoshop then by god I will hunt you down.

We've got a Brother scan/fax/printer, I can see if it'll capture the pages. The book is old (obviously) but in pretty ok condition, but because it's so thick it's a bit hard to open haha.

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012
Are the trousers hiked up to the sternum one of the

quote:

disconcerting and often deadly tricks of the Jiu-Jitsu experts
or is that one of the

quote:

Jiu-Jitsu manœuvres which have never been explained to Europeans or Americans and probably never will be
? Excited to find out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

By popular demand posted:

I made a thread in GBS, I've scanned about half of the martial arts pages, gonna work on the rest tomorrow, plus some reading of the rest of the book to see what ol' Frankie has to say about other things.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=4059531

Also here's the rest of Frank's description of Jiu-Jitsu