Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

Trillhouse posted:

https://twitter.com/MikeBohnMMA/status/1043716679753068544 This is probably one of my favorite post-fight MMA photos ever.

lil nog can't believe he won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

old.flv posted:

lil nog can't believe he won

That's the biggun.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Alvey is so bad and his weigh in was embarrassing

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
i had no idea lil nog was still fighting

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Woah I just looked up someones entire family history and you won't believe what I found out - some of their relatives lead undesirable lives

I just want everyone to be happy.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Except anyone who voted for Donald trump lol

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Good news of the weekend:

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
How the gently caress is Lombard still in the UFC

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

Except anyone who voted for Donald trump lol

he's right though I am officially not watching any rose fights until the next one or they put them free on YouTube. Its time to make a stand

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Lloyd Boner posted:

He won't be there much longer.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Lloyd Boner posted:

gotta draw all those big ppv spenders from...cuba?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://instagram.fmel5-1.fna.fbcdn...410567168_n.mp4

Tony Ferguson is insane.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

That one dude JUST drilled his nut sack in half, man

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
lmao ferguson comes off like such a dumb rear end weirdo but hes so good

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lmao, is that a loving impact chisel? Coulda used one of those yesterday when I broke a spoke on my steering wheel trying to pull it off the helm.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

tesilential posted:

Lmao, is that a loving impact chisel? Coulda used one of those yesterday when I broke a spoke on my steering wheel trying to pull it off the helm.

It's this thing. You're supposed to use a thick rubber nubbin on the end of it to relax your muscles. So of course Tony takes off the rubber and uses the bare metal on his bones.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

TFerg injured you say? I don't believe it!

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Reminder that Tony is and has been completely fine doing his thing and it was a poorly managed AV line that changed the course of fighting history

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I don’t think he would have tore his knee tripping if he didn’t do all that dumb poo poo but it’s definitely possible.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

the perils of permanent sunglass use.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Bruce Buffer tore his ACL doing karaoke, so it happens.
But he’s 60 and not a professional athlete in the prime of his career who spends hours doing parkour over lion cages, jackhammering his bones, and kicking poles like Tong Po.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Lol Hendricks is on the MMA Hour discussing his method for dipping Copenhagen while cutting weight.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Like he's in the sauna? Or he's talking about dipping and cutting at the same time?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

FishBowlRobot posted:

Bruce Buffer tore his ACL doing karaoke, so it happens.
But he’s 60 and not a professional athlete in the prime of his career who spends hours doing parkour over lion cages, jackhammering his bones, and kicking poles like Tong Po.

This post just does such a good job of summarizing why Tony Ferguson is totally awesome

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
how many times has tony pulled out from a fight aside from the time he tripped on a cable or whatever?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Dana is talking to Stephen A saying "this is the darkest press conference I've ever been a part of" so I guess it wasn't my imagination after all

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Foul Fowl posted:

how many times has tony pulled out from a fight aside from the time he tripped on a cable or whatever?

he and Khabib are 2-2 but he's never pulled out besides that as far as i remember

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Foul Fowl posted:

April 5 2016 - Lung issue caused him to back out of a fight with Khabib

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

Like he's in the sauna? Or he's talking about dipping and cutting at the same time?

IIRC it had to do with dehydration/mouth dryness and having to change up what type of dip to compensate for it. Because ya know, Bigg Rigg's gotta have that Copenhagen.

CommonShore posted:

This post just does such a good job of summarizing why Tony Ferguson is totally awesome

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of the Ferg.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

handsome only face posted:

he and Khabib are 2-2 but he's never pulled out besides that as far as i remember

Chris James 2 posted:

April 5 2016 - Lung issue caused him to back out of a fight with Khabib

maybe he's got one of those freaky indestructible bodies for training. i don't get why he's firing an automatic hammer at his bones but he can do whatever he wants as long as he keeps fighting like that lol

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
the coward Georges St. Pierre has decided he don't want none, after all. he only faces elite all-time greats like Michael Bisping

quote:

“In terms of coming back to fighting, you have to realize I have a lot more to lose than to win,” St-Pierre concluded. “Tyron Woodley wants to fight me because he has a lot more to win than to lose because if he beats me in terms of legacy, in terms of popularity, he has a lot more to win. It’s not that I’m scared, actually, I’m always scared when I go fight. I’m scared of everybody but being scared is irrelevant because I’m going to walk the walk if I have to do it.

“I have to choose carefully what is my next move. For at this point, I am with cementing my legacy it is not a straight line. I have to check what can I gain, what can I lose. That is why when I fought Michael Bisping it was a win/win situation from both sides. If I were to lose I lose but if I win, I win big so it was good. Fighting Tyron Woodley right now, now that he won his last fight it elevates his stock a little bit more but it’s still not a complete win/win situation for me.”

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Nick Diaz stops in the middle of his ocean swim to tread water and yell at the sky "Don't be scared, homie."

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

He's right.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

david carmichael posted:

Jon jones not guilty

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

He did nothing wrong

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Off with DC's head.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

he was horrified of hendricks throughout their whole fight and for several years after so this adds up

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
I hope Dana brings back Rory just to spite Woodley.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Scapegoat posted:

I hope Dana brings back Rory just to spite Woodley.

I hope he brings him back to rescue the loving division from 'Colby Covington, title contender'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
i don't mind if gsp looks out for his best interests. if i was him i wouldn't come back to fight woodley.

• Locked thread