Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/aaronbronsteter/status/1042954783831646208

That's good stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Captain Log posted:

One hangs out with the Irish Mob, known outside of the US as white guys with a couple knives. The other hangs out with a genocidal concentration camp man.

gently caress loving Khabib.

Conor is doing everything he can to suck up to Putin, who is one of the biggest scumbags in the world. So there's also that

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Friends, if you're just joining us, let me sum up the last 4 or so pages in one easy digest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egw0q6qfzDY

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Didn't see the press conference, never seen either of them fight, just wondering if you guys still think the fight between Insanity Machine Conor and Injury Machine Khabib is actually gonna happen

I don't really follow the product a whole lot so I'm askin here because you guys do

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Didnt watch the presser, but a potential war criminal dagestani guy is way more likeable than an irish regular guy

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I won't believe it's happening until Buffer announces their names but at least they're keeping the ridiculousness to words, so far.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Conor never pulls out of fights and Khabib seems to have put that tendancy behind him after hiring a nutritionist last year. Now that he's champ the repercussions of missing weight are potentially much higher. It's possible one of them gets injured, but I bet this one goes.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

david carmichael posted:

Didnt watch the presser, but a potential war criminal dagestani guy is way more likeable than an irish regular guy

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Got a bit tense when Khabib didn't like As-Salaam-Alaikum being on the same level as congratulations on your new whisky.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah that was really tense when Conor immediately laughed in his face for it

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Is Conor more or less unlikeable than the previous Irish face of the promotion, Marcus Davis

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Proper 12 is a reference to how many months Conor will get to hold the lightweight belt and do nothing with it before being unceremoniously stripped so Kevin Lee can fight Brian Ortega for the title on short notice at UFC 241.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CommonShore posted:

Ok I'm on board with Conor again. Ali is a scum ball social climber and it's only a matter of time until some even worse skeleton comes out of his closet. He gives me Joe Son vibes.

Ali is an admitted former member of a terrorist group, ergo a terrorist. The feds couldn’t prove he committed an actual crime and held him for a long while before making a deal with him to turn informant.

He’s scummy but his tell all interview was super interesting, he goes into what goes on in those Islamic wilderness shanty towns around the US.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I found the press conference funny, both guys had great lines. They really hosed yo not having any kind of a crowd. Even just a couple dozen supporters from each side would have improved the atmosphere a ton.

I like both guys and am very hype for this fight.

Even Conor had to smile when Khabib said “your whiskey gonna help you in the fight?”

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I actually think it's really funny that they only let press goobers in so Conor's insane promotional antics play like the videos of Ross Geller without a laugh track so he seems like a version of Patrick Batemen who was born 10 years later and got really into anime

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Khabib should have dumped the whiskey he was trying to give him on the floor

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
I always suspected khabib was a backward chicken-jawed oval office but now I'm sure of it.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

It's not probably lol

you dont end up with post cycle steroids and regular steroids on two separate occasions because you just have bad luck rofl. Jon Jones was so amazing because he had himself pumped full of drugs

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

jay z's sedan posted:

I always suspected khabib was a backward chicken-jawed oval office but now I'm sure of it.

For real

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

McGregor revealed the verisimilitude of working class Dublin discourse to the world and for that I will be eternally proud of him.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
how many buys do you guess this thing does? i couldn't believe it was only a couple of weeks away from the fight i'd heard so little about it. now the first press conference has happened and i haven't heard any of the casual buzz that usually starts up around about now. i don't have guys only tangentially interested in the sport asking me about poo poo. dana says they're 'on track for 2.5 million buys' and i'm going to undercut that slightly and put it closer to 750k.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Southpaugh posted:

McGregor revealed the verisimilitude of working class Dublin discourse to the world and for that I will be eternally proud of him.

you sound so smart

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
This will do infinite buys

It'll do so many buys we will not even be able to comprehend it, to grasp the scale and scope of it. We will see the numbers but we will not understand what they mean

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

how many buys do you guess this thing does? i couldn't believe it was only a couple of weeks away from the fight i'd heard so little about it. now the first press conference has happened and i haven't heard any of the casual buzz that usually starts up around about now. i don't have guys only tangentially interested in the sport asking me about poo poo. dana says they're 'on track for 2.5 million buys' and i'm going to undercut that slightly and put it closer to 750k.

I thought McGregor/Mayweather would do lovely numbers, then it broke records because people are loving stupid.

Who the hell knows? After all, as has been established, people are loving stupid

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Maybe step 1 is to invite people to pressers and not just nerd journalists

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
we've ticked all the conor bingo boxes now. 1) is he really that good though 2) wow he looks like a moron at the press conference 3) this fight isn't gonna be that big.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
who da fook said any of the other conor fights were not going to be big?

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Foul Fowl posted:

we've ticked all the conor bingo boxes now. 1) is he really that good though 2) wow he looks like a moron at the press conference 3) this fight isn't gonna be that big.

4) he's definitely coked up on tv again

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

david carmichael posted:

yea lol.

it was funny when Conor called him Shiteonthebus

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I think it'll do about 205's numbers.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Zzulu posted:

It's not probably lol

you dont end up with post cycle steroids and regular steroids on two separate occasions because you just have bad luck rofl. Jon Jones was so amazing because he had himself pumped full of drugs

this is probably right

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Zzulu posted:

It's not probably lol

see also: Anderson, Vitor, Chael

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Vitor deflating and aging 20 years before our eyes as he was forced to do less steroids was incredible

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
That reminds me going through my PC a few months back I found this again

Vitor's released files to prove he wasnt doping, and the amazing use of black lines on Hematocrit and Monocytes.

eshock
Sep 2, 2004

Funny how Jackson-Wink had a rep for having a good steroid guy for years, then all of a sudden Greg Jackson mysteriously checks out, all their fighters start losing, and we find out a few months later that Jones has been snitching.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

eshock posted:

Funny how Jackson-Wink had a rep for having a good steroid guy for years, then Greg Jackson mysteriously checks out, all their fighters start losing, and we find out a few months later that Jones has been snitching.

One step closer to uncovering the answer of the secret node.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

eshock posted:

Funny how Jackson-Wink had a rep for having a good steroid guy for years, then all of a sudden Greg Jackson mysteriously checks out, all their fighters start losing, and we find out a few months later that Jones has been snitching.

Somewhere GSP wipes his sweating forehead with a croissant.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Barao missed weight by 5 lbs

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

If Barao is still making 50k (latest numbers I could find from mid 2017) to show Ewell just banked 15k before the fight even starts so there's that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Renan "Bigg Higg" Barao

• Locked thread