Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
I stopped watching fights somewhere around 8 years ago but I'd watch the gently caress out of whatever that Third Degree thing is, tell me more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

I look forward to whatever causes the Conor fight to not happen, which is a much more likely outcome than any "r2 KO"

I won't watch it even if it does

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

I haven't watched a fight in eight years and even back then Baby Jay was an overrated weirdo who needed to retire. Being some phenomenal BJJ wizard and getting your black belt in 3 years and becoming the first American to ever win gold at Mundials loses a lot of its mystique when you're thirty fuckin nine and that poo poo was 20 years ago. He's gonna need to lift a lot of rocks underwater if he wants to get back into the fighting shape he used to be

I sure as heck don't want to see BJ fight, though I will ask Jens Pulver on his twitch stream how hard and how long he laughed uproariously when he heard the news

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Didn't see the press conference, never seen either of them fight, just wondering if you guys still think the fight between Insanity Machine Conor and Injury Machine Khabib is actually gonna happen

I don't really follow the product a whole lot so I'm askin here because you guys do

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Is Conor more or less unlikeable than the previous Irish face of the promotion, Marcus Davis

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Ultimately his toughest opponent was food

Somehow less lame than Fitch, whose toughest opponent was The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

he made a twitter account for his video game character

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Mekchu posted:

The next UFC 25 Years in Short is out, and is on UFC Fight Pass.

This one is their documentary covering the history of the creation of the UFC Championship belt and what happened to the superfight belt from the Shamrock/Gracie showdown at UFC 5.

Teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r9BTHhe5NQ

I won't be able to watch this, but I just want to say that the original UFC belt design that Jens shows off on his twitch stream from time to time is cooler than the current one

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Mr. Nice! posted:

Here's 1-15 on the HW list:
1 Stipe Miocic
2 Derrick Lewis
3 Curtis Blaydes
4 Francis Ngannou
5 Alexander Volkov
6 Alistair Overeem
7 Junior Dos Santos
8 Aleksei Oleinik
9 Marcin Tybura
10 Mark Hunt
11 Tai Tuivasa
12 Shamil Abdurakhimov
13 Andrei Arlovski
14 Stefan Struve
15 Justin Willis

How many of these jabronis are any good? I've never heard of at least 10 of these people and I know at least two of the fighters I have heard of are poo poo

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Stealth Tiger posted:

I agree with a whole lot of what is being said in this thread. I kind of want to take it in a weird philosophical direction though, and let me know if anyone agrees- I think the age of the sport is in a really weird spot right now. When Lebron wins an NBA title for Cleveland, that's the title that Shaq and Kobe won, it's the title that Michael Jordan won, Larry Bird and Magic Johnson, and the Celtics back in old black and white TV days. The NBA championship has a legacy that is going to stand on its own, whether it's marketed well or not. And the UFC title is cool while it's brand new, because everyone is a pioneer, and seeing the sport evolve is great, but if you call Tyron Woodley's belt "the same belt Georges St.Pierre fought for" it doesn't mean much because Georges St. Pierre is just some guy who we suspect is over the hill and is just trying to take money fights and cash out. Someday the old crop of guys will all be legends, but now they're all still contemporaries. Hopefully some day we will all be telling our kids about Robbie Lawler vs. Carlos Condit and it will build a mystique around that belt, and any fights for the belt in the future will have that weight behind them.

And that's even before all the interim title nonsense, ffs

I literally don't know or care who has the 155 title right now, but if you tried to call it "the same belt Jens Pulver fought for" you'd look stupid and lame because the belt he shows off on his twitch stream looks completely different and better than the current UFC belt

The last card I remember watching was UFC 112, a stinky turd that took place in Abu Dhabi and featured Matt Hughes winning, Da Spyder winning Fight of the Night and The Spider dancing with Demian Maia for a while. I fell asleep during the Edgar-Penn fight and Bruce Buffer announcing the new champion woke me up just in time to watch Andy showboat. This card did 525000 buys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

The Dave posted:

There’s a seriously hive-boner happening here with GSP. He came back at a heavier weight because he can’t cut as much as he used to and he barely beat... Bisping.

This forum seriously thought DJ Mikey B was real good, for reasons I don't care to understand

I haven't seen Bisping win a fight since Denis Kang, so I decided other posters would know more about it than me

• Locked thread