Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Woodley is gonna put Till to sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Captain Log posted:

Everyone who thinks Woodley will win, I'm writing down your names in my little notebook.

It's good to remember correct opinion havers.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The Automator posted:

We haven't seen a violent Woodley lately because he hasn't faced violent opponents.

Im not exactly sure what it is about till but he's more unlikable than Woodley somehow

Woodley puts him out with a knee, calling it

I think he's easy to dislike after talking all that poo poo about how it should illegal for him to fight welterweights then massively blowing his next weight cut and having a lovely fight.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

they said nicco was going to be fine in a couple days, im not sure why they didnt just put the fight on the conor card next month.

I'm guessing because they never really wanted her to begin with.

Also how much you buy that her statement about being asked to wear Native headgear and makeup was misheard or not.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

1st AD posted:

Woodley is okay with doing nothing with his back against the fence so

I won't be shocked if this looks like Wonderboy vs either of these guys.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I wish Kelvin weren't a food addict. Pretty sure he could take most anybody at 170 these days.

I also miss Rory.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Lol yeah, Colby is pretty hosed.

Which, what do they do with Usman now?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

khabib.. although obviously if he loses then you should have bet on conor instead

For some reason I've got a sick feeling Conor is getting the KO after a questionable stand up.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Southpaugh posted:

This basically.

Couple of people in the thread talking about how khabib survives in the stand up, he doesn't. Thats the key difference here and why I see mcgregor having the advantage. Mcgregors gonna be hyper conservative on the ground, he isn't going to fight, hes going to survive, he just needs to defend until a stand up or the round ends. Khabib takes time to do his thing and short of a sleepy Conor giving up his back I don't see a submission happening. When its on the feet its mcgregors game by an irish mile. He's absolutely sleeping Khabib when Khabib comes in because khabib *has to* come in.

I'm pretty sure Conor isn't going to have the kind of guard he'll need to just buy time. If he even gets to catch Khabib in his guard at all.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Rigel posted:

If Khabib gets in Conor's guard, then Conor will be in serious trouble. There will be no standup because few people are more active in that position than Khabib. He doesn't really even need to pass or go for submissions, he's pretty good at beating the poo poo out of people even while in their guard.

I haven't seen the fight since it happened. But didn't Chad $ drop some brutal elbows from inside Conor's guard?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

What a miserable loving fight.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

BJ was seriously too tough for his own good. Those beatings from Nick Diaz and Rory were rough to watch and I can't help but wonder if those contributed a lot to his decline.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Bluedeanie posted:

The moral of the story is take EPO, not steroids.

But then we wouldn't get classic moments like this.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Absolutely disgusting

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/1042560569700540416?s=19

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Same as Reebok. The illusion of being a sport to make the sell price higher.

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/1042562054723231744?s=19

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Oh there's way more reasons to call them corrupt. This is just the most recent.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

These just get better.

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/1042563708088672257?s=19

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

https://twitter.com/erikmagraken/status/1042562123274936320?s=19

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

but what about what that guy's putting in his body?

Whatever it is I hope it makes him blast thick ropes.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

mewse posted:

I feel a lot more comfortable about JJ coming back after reading that arbitration report.

- The failed test was for a tiny tiny trace amount of a metabolite that could theoretically have been in Jon's cocaine, he admitted to doing street drugs and did a month of rehab.

Oh wonderful so I guess that'll never happen again.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

lol, I like McGregor's new schtick as a sort of slimy Trump Whiskey guy.

This poo poo sounds really lame when fanboys aren't roaring after every line.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

What the gently caress is this?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Oh good. I missed discussions about who looks shook before every fight.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

old.flv posted:

it's almost like he's trying to sell a fight you dweebs

That doesn't mean he didn't look like a cringey drug fiend.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

chaleski posted:

Is this the first time you guys have seen a Conor McGregor press conference?

What, does watching a bunch of them make them less stupid?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

mewse posted:

Why did they have this press conference in an empty auditorium...

Dana said they didn't want any trouble in New York again. I'm not exactly sure what he thinks would happen. Maybe members of their entourages sneaking in or whatever? It was obviously a poor decision.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Diddie posted:

Did Mike Tyson really eat that poor guys children???

My favorite is when he threatened to stomp on those children's testicles.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

FlyingCowOfDoom posted:

I liked when he told that one guy he would gently caress him till he loved him.

The best part is I think both of those came from the same rambling incident.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

SquirrelGrip posted:

please dont call your whisky proper no12 when its a 3yr bushmill blend

Isn't the "no" on the bottle really small too? Kinda like when OJ put out If I Did It and the If was small as gently caress.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Biggest Meltdowner posted:

I'm not going to google it but I believe one of the families got the rights to the story in a civil suit and put that book out.

Juice never wrote the book, he just got paid to say he did. The Goldman family picked it up in '07 and added to the title.

I actually didn't know about that last part until now.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Banning re-hydration via IV hosed up some guys for a bit there too

I understand why they don't allow it, but I feel like there should be some way for people to still get IVs in some sort of controlled environment.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Yeah the purpose was because IVs can mask certain performance enhancers. But if you get a sample from the athlete after weigh in and then administer the IV I don't see what the harm is. Unless there are substances that can help you out with that short of a window between weigh in and fight.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

il serpente cosmico posted:

EDIT: If I'm in the USADA testing pool and I want to continue using synthetic steroids, what are my options for beating the drug tests? I'm guessing fighters are still able to get away with it, but I'm curious how. Are people using substances that are new enough that USADA isn't testing for them?

I have no information to support it but I would be willing to bet there are absolutely drugs they currently can't or aren't testing for.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The lost Lil' Nog fight I remember is when he punched Tito's guts out.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

And I am Phil Baroni's uncle.

MEXICO

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Lloyd Boner posted:

How the gently caress is Lombard still in the UFC

He won't be there much longer.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Yeah base fighter pay is ridiculously low and now with the lovely reebok money taking the place of sponsorships I don't know how the 10/10 or whatever guys even survive after training costs

By waiting tables.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/9/13/17852150/after-koty-candidate-at-ufc-228-geoff-neal-is-right-back-to-waiting-tables

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Gay Horney posted:

Or by being working security at bars and using your combat skills to commit a double rape here and there

Odd coincidence that guy is friends with Geoff Neal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

TheKingslayer posted:

Odd coincidence that guy is friends with Geoff Neal. For real hope they put him under the jail.

• Locked thread