Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

After his obvious twitter ghost writer the past few days it's good to see that Mike's still got control of at least some of his social media

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
https://twitter.com/sagenorthcutt/status/1037484178348986368

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
drat I wonder why the ufc doesn’t want to promote the 4-2 champion that won’t fight

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Montano was some no name that they brought in as a bracket filler for TUF but then she actually won the drat thing and they got stuck with her.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

STONE COLD 64 posted:

they said nicco was going to be fine in a couple days, im not sure why they didnt just put the fight on the conor card next month.

They think she's ducking Shevchenko so they're just gonna book Shevchenko vs. somebody willing to fight her for the title instead

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Chris James 2 posted:

He'll be 43 when he's able to come back

Still in the prime heavyweight years.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Mike Goldberg commentates for some Bellator events now, splitting with Mauro, and he's still completely terrible

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
It was probably a screenshot of this post by Malki Kawa of him and Jon Jones at the UFC Performance Institute.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnwIGhMn-wt/?hl=en&taken-by=malkikawa

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
And the wine's already soundin'... like a violin, with that cheese and wine.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I knew Kid announced he had cancer like a month ago but I had no idea it was so dire. That's really terrible.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Congrats to Keven, wherever he is out there

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I wonder if Barao was another USADA victim, within a few years he went from 30 straight wins to getting battered by some no name gift opponent they gave him on a Brazil card.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Poirier tweeted about it too so yeah its real.

https://twitter.com/DustinPoirier/status/1044782164733284357

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
It would be funny if they just agreed to both say it to try and pressure the UFC into doing it. Regardless Nate vs. Poirier needs to be five rounds

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Don't really know much about him other than he's won all 3 of his UFC fights so far according to wikipedia so hopefully Hunt will go out on a great win or at least an exciting fight

Justin Willis is a power punching fat guy with pretty fast hands that trains at AKA. He showed a bit of wrestling in his first UFC fight too. I think the UFC viewpoint is that hopefully they get a name win for an up and comer as they rid themselves of Hunt.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Mr. Nice! posted:

15. Willis is another young prospect. Hasn't fought anyone at all. Going to fight Mark Hunt next. We still won't know if he's any good if he wrestles Hunt. Very likely to be a walk off KO for Hunt's retirement fight.

I don’t think that Hunt is going to retire once his UFC contract is over, he’s gonna end up in some freakshow tournament in something like Road FC or in Bellator. An old guy kickboxer that used to be in the UFC is a prime Scott Coker signing.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I still have faith in the superfighter devision.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Khabib vs Conor is next week and it sure doesn’t feel like it is

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Mr. Nice! posted:

Forrest, unlike Chuck, actually showed up to the offices and made them give him something to do. He's the only "lifetime" employee to stick around after the WME buyout, iirc, in large part because he's the only one that actually worked.

Big Nog kept his retirement job too because he, like Forrest, actually does stuff for the company.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Skip My Posts posted:

Big nog has a UFC job?

Yeah, he got one of those Dana “I’m forcing you to retire by giving you this brand ambassador job” deals that Chuck and Hughes got but he actually does stuff like the Fight Pass show so he’s still around

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

BlindSite posted:

I kinda just wanna see nate v porier I don't care if it is at 145, 155 165 or 209.

It's currently slated to be a three round lightweight fight at UFC 230. The main reason why I want it to be for the superfighter devision belt is so that it's five rounds instead of three.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Digital Jedi posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoXmugGhmvk/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=1aklvp70i639s

“Suga” Sean O’Malley is out of UFC 229 due to USADA's new policy it seems.

The only thing that the new policy has to do with this is that they wouldn't have announced he failed a test and he decided to do so himself. Of course now once fights mysteriously disappear from cards it's still gonna start up speculation over who popped for what.

• Locked thread