Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

GOAT thread title

might also be the most memorable UFC thing of the month if those cards are any indication

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:yikes:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

mewse posted:

Why is she waiting nearly a year between fights?

quote:

“My health was my main issue,” Montano told reporters on Thursday’s UFC 228 media call. “After I got off the ‘TUF’ show, I had to deal with a number of health issues. After my fight with (Roxanne Modafferi), I was in a boot dealing with a chronic bacterial infection, and that’s when Valentina chose to call me out. Everybody thought I was just hanging out at home when I was literally having a viral infection throughout my entire body hindering me from spending more than two days a week at practice.”

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mekchu posted:

Bit odd to strip her over this but not too shocking given Montano hasnt fought since December.

Montano last UFC fight to being stripped: Dec 1 2017 - Sept 7 2018, 9 months 6 days
McGregor last UFC fight to being stripped (Lightweight Edition): Nov 12 2016 - Apr 7 2018, 1 year 4 months 26 days

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

LobsterMobster posted:

Colby's still listed as interim champ on the UFC rankings

Because he is, the article (and Dana's original statement) say he's stripped once the Woodley/Till fight happens. Basically a repeat scenario of Conor's recent stripping where he lost the belt once Khabib's fight started

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DoombatINC posted:

It hasn't helped Sage any

It helps him in God's eyes, which is all he believes matters. he'll be judged as one of the GOAT athletes for staying down the True Path

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/evandunham155/status/1039292717237334016
https://twitter.com/evandunham155/status/1039295773039415296

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

OK now I agree completely with stripping her of the belt

which btw Nicco claims she found out about on Insta :lol:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Skip My Posts posted:

shes fighting with random commenters on instagram now lol, good poo poo

The only place she'll be doing fights for a while

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

LobsterMobster posted:

werdum got a 2 year suspension for trenbolone

He'll be 43 when he's able to come back

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Maybe he can stay gone.

Tough choice between staying and being king of the trashweights in 2 years, or getting cut and being king of RIZIN in 1

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Marching Powder posted:

mate says aldo's moving up and has been offered cerrone. haven't seen anything legit saying that, but i'd like to see aldo / gaethje please

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/9/11/17847654/jose-aldo-hopes-lightweight-debut-ufc-231-turning-down-donald-cerrone-fight-sao-paulo Turned down Cerrone on short notice, plans on moving up

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mekchu posted:

I look forward to the post fight "X was never really that good" discussion in a few weeks.

I've been making fun of Conor not defending belts since years before his most recent title stripping. At the end of the night either I'm still gonna make fun of him exactly as much for being too much a prick to defend what he wins, or I'm gonna make fun of him harder for having a new thing he won't ever defend

Good news is it seems there are less people currently under the assumption he'll defend if he wins

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I felt it unfair to segregate Tito's promo of the decade to the B-league thread so here's UFC hall of famer tito

https://twitter.com/FullContactMTWF/status/1041022749269868544

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

bullshit

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Imagine being a reporter and your big scoop of the century is "Jon Jones is a snitch", something nobody on this earth and no organism on at least 6 other planets didn't already believe

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Marching Powder posted:

That's abysmal. Heavyweight hasn't been this bad since the reign of Tim Sylvia.

At least then it was funny

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Very hyped to see Conor continue to not defend belts

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Biggest Meltdowner posted:

If Jones believed it he wouldn't cheat.

:agreed:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Foul Fowl posted:

how many times has tony pulled out from a fight aside from the time he tripped on a cable or whatever?

April 5 2016 - Lung issue caused him to back out of a fight with Khabib

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I wonder if Barao was another USADA victim, within a few years he went from 30 straight wins to getting battered by some no name gift opponent they gave him on a Brazil card.

In a fight he was like 5 pounds overweight for

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Skip My Posts posted:

Lmao you’re the most retarded person on this earth

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Thank you mod friend

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dong Hyun Kim going down the aisle at his wedding today

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kilometers Davis posted:

I know this is getting into some dumb bullshit territory but for me the ufc has lost the intangible hype energy it used to have. I can’t explain it but even as a huge fan of the sport I rarely get excited about cards anymore. None of it feels important or like a once in a lifetime event. I used to be pumped for every monthly ppv. Maybe it’s a me problem and I just haven’t been watching and following enough but I don’t know. It sucks. I’m looking forward to 229 though, no doubt about it. Fight sports will always be awesome.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei4JWkfT680

lmfao he's pulling the "i can't believe they stripped me before I had a chance to defend" card

• Locked thread