Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Memento just reminded me in another thread that usada robbed us of Francis ngannou vs JDS and frankly I'm just fuckin bummed out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Who yall got till vs woodley

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Dan Didio posted:

Jesus Christ we’re actually going to watch Woodley Till.

I think it's more likely that we do not

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Speaking of which: maybe it's just my inflated expectations after the media circus that has been the Conor McGregor Experience over the last 30 or so months but there's kind of a shocking lack of media or promotion for that fight. I'd bet most people don't even know he's got a fight booked

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

FishBowlRobot posted:

I think he’s trying to take a step back from pre-fight media a la Nate 2. Maybe he’s taking Khalabib pretty seriously.

Is there a turning point fight for Khabib or is it steady growth? I watched his earliest UFC fights the other day and he definitely improved between fights but always looked beatable. I just need to finish them I guess. It’s been awhile since I’ve seen the Johnson or Barboza fights, and I’ve never seen the Dos Anjos fight.

We didn't necessarily realize it at the time but when he hurled RDA around the octagon like a lump of clay it was probably a turning point. When he came back after that and scorched the horch then threw hands with Michael Johnson he looked like he'd evolved his game even further. The Trujillo fight was pretty nutty too and I guess that was right before RDA.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
and with the giant hole between his nostrils there's an awful lot of sneezing going on.
everything you guys are saying is why this is the perfect loving fight. "whoever wins is the guy who can do their thing and the other guy will look embarrassed" should bring you back to the very early days of Striker Vs Grappler Matchups except now it's the best in the loving world with all the bad blood behind it you could ask for on the world's biggest stage. What I'm saying is there's no way this fight happens

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
We're 30 or so days out and we still just have the one hype video. 30 days out from the fight and I'd say 27 or so from the cancelation

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
God that was so funny. Talking about his three hundred thousand dollar fight camp to Beat go 5 rounds and get gifted a decision against Nathan Q Diaz

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I'm not gay but I wonder what sages belly button smells like

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Brother it's a whole new world.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I am legit happy about the 45 or so minutes this will knock off from tomorrow's show

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I'm worried that the guy who spends six hours a day beating the poo poo out of people in the gym might be problematic

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
gently caress Tyron Woodley

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
till will disappear for eight to eighteen months come back as a middleweight win 3 fights against dubious competition and fight for a title again

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Tyron drives me nuts but that picture of him getting the black belt made me smile

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
The deal with 170 is many of the best 170s in the world are in Bellator. Koreshkov, Doug Lima, Rory McDonald, um, a bunch of other guys I can't remember. Paul Daley and Jon Fitch too!

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Nick Diaz would loving crush tyron woodley

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Where do you guys think he got his stupid loving nickname

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
He's crushing loving everybody except max Holloway and Conor. and given that max seems to have some type of long term brain squirrel I don't know that aldo actually came off worse

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
if it weren't for how loving good and improved Conor has looked since the fight against nate it'd be easy to say Khabib. but if he spent three hundred thousand dollars to learn how to throw leg kicks BEFORE the Mayweather payday I bet he's spending half a million on learning to sprawl

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

kimbo305 posted:

That's the tragedy of losing Tony x Khabib. That would have been (and still is) a dynamite fight to make.

Tony vs Conor would be loving insanely sick too. Everyone pretty much agrees the conor Khabib fight will be one sided but Tony vs Conor would be a loving WAR.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Johnson definitely has faster hands but he doesn't hit harder at all. He is much more of a volume striker than mcgregor

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
It loving unequivocally undeniably says straight blast cum

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Dana just said as an excuse to not pay Eddie Alvarez that the ufc is only for guys who are at the top of their game trying to become champion

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

LobsterMobster posted:

You'll do:

- Fuckin'
- Nuttin'

lmao

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Lmao I just realized Khabib and Tony are scheduled for the same card after all these loving years

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Another way of looking at it is Mark Hunt robbed us of the opportunity to see Mark Hunt fight on steroids

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
cb will always get respect from me because he pulled off I think to date the only Peruvian necktie in the UFC. otoh CB stands for 'Clarence Byron' so cool subs only get you so far

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Love ufc

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I hope Jones gets an immediate heavyweight title shot and Cormier just loving CRUSHES him. I think that's what's being hinted at--Cormier Jones 3 at HW in NYC in November

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

This is pretty funny

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I'm everyone rushing in here to breathlessly call usada corrupt for letting Jonathan Jones fight because I dont remember ufc 200

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Jones vs DC at heavyweight is the fight America deserves

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
If Jones was cleared of wrong doing then who the gently caress is he gonna snitch on?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Who shot Paul Blart?!

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
The guy tested positive for loving Clomid and then tested positive for a turinabol metabolite. Writing is on the loving wall.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
This is awful. I sincerely unironically hope Khabib actually murders him in there. Like snaps his neck while he's tapping.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
He just looks like a stupid rear end in a top hat with no crowds. No cheering fans and he's still rambling like this. Fuuuuuuck this is absolutely awful.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I fuckin love mcgregor press conferences this was a different animal. Grabbing aldos belt and saying he was doing it for Brazil was fun. It was insouciant and disrespectful but it was fun.

Then Conor threw a dolly through a bus window and hosed a bunch of people up, then we saw whatever the gently caress that was.

I agree that Conor McGregor is about as stable and likeable as 90s Tyson. Why this would be offered up in defense of mcgregor is beyond me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
There's fights?

• Locked thread