Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2018/08/13/2380049883/1534129472044/asset_2500K.mp4

DUMB PREDICTIONS AND TOXXES!

League leaders as of the morning of 09/05

https://i.imgur.com/cZ9mFtT.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/vqPmvou.mp4

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Sep 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Andrew McCutchen and Neil Walker are major players on a World Series contender

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Yoan Moncada hit a home run against the Red Sox in a game Michael Kopech was pitching while Chris Sale was on the disabled list. White Sox fans have to take their victories where they can find them. Next up: Eloy Jimenez hitting a bomb off of Quintana next year in the crosstown series while Cease gets the save.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Good thread title

Go A's

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Pancakes posted:

while Cease gets the save.

Wait are they moving him to the pen? When he was with the Cubs him becoming a closer was considered a fall back if he couldn't develop his changeup enough to play as a third pitch.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Sydin posted:

Wait are they moving him to the pen? When he was with the Cubs him becoming a closer was considered a fall back if he couldn't develop his changeup enough to play as a third pitch.

He just has an innings limitation. They already shut him down for this year. I'd be surprised if he made the rotation next year.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Fixed

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Mods??

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hello September, please be kinder to the Astros than August was

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Pancakes posted:

Yoan Moncada hit a home run against the Red Sox in a game Michael Kopech was pitching while Chris Sale was on the disabled list. White Sox fans have to take their victories where they can find them. Next up: Eloy Jimenez hitting a bomb off of Quintana next year in the crosstown series while Cease gets the save.

I want so badly to piss and moan about this but then I look at that 1.97 ERA :swoon:

Kopech looks like he could be legit though. Figures.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Post about cool September callups IMO

Giants called up Chris Shaw, 1B/bad defensive OF who strikes out too much but has maybe the most raw power of any Giants prospect. Played in his first MLB game last night.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

In his last 10 games in AAA Kyle Tucker is hitting .526 with 7 dongs and 19 RBI

Just can't figure out the majors

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

The Pussy Boss posted:

Giants called up Chris Shaw, 1B/bad defensive OF who strikes out too much but has maybe the most raw power of any Giants prospect. Played in his first MLB game last night.

Everyone I thought would be a September callup to watch for the Cardinals this year is either already starting in the outfield or anchoring our rotation/bullpen. :shrug:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Pirates called up a bunch of bums. Nick Burdi I guess might be a functional major league reliever lol

No Kevin Kramer yet, not that I anticipate him being actually good. His strikeout rate indicates to me that his .850+ AAA OPS will die hard against major league pitching

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm certain the Astros will call up Kyle Tucker again, but who I'm really hopeful to see is Garrett Stubbs

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
I can’t fuckin believe this season is almost over. This is definitely the least amount of baseball I’ve watched in a season. Getting old sucks

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Carlosologist posted:

Andrew McCutchen and Neil Walker are major players on a World Series contender

RIP Yankees not gonna win the WCG.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

The Pussy Boss posted:

Cubs called up this dude from AAA who's gonna be in the lineup named Kris Bryant. He went second overall in 2013 but it's taken him this long to come up he's only hit .200 in AAA this year so he's looking like a bust. Hopefully he enjoys his cup of coffee.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Beardless Cutch is barely recognizable.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Shiroc posted:

Beardless Cutch is barely recognizable.

The Yankees have once again destroyed all that is good and pure.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Mustached Demon posted:

RIP Yankees not gonna win the WCG.

One can only hope so.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

GalacticAcid posted:

Pirates called up a bunch of bums. Nick Burdi I guess might be a functional major league reliever lol

The Twins didn't even want him

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

IcePhoenix posted:

The Twins didn't even want him

He throws real hard :shrug:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Popete posted:

The Yankees have once again destroyed all that is good and pure.

The facial hair policy is incredibly dumb, so is the "you have to wear suits on the plane" and all their other dumb grooming bullshit. I know, I know, this is a scorching hot take that has never been expressed before. Seriously though Yankees, we get it, you think you're a cut above everybody else. You don't need to take it out on your players for us to realize how superior you think you are.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

gently caress the Yankees

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

I can’t fuckin believe this season is almost over. This is definitely the least amount of baseball I’ve watched in a season. Getting old sucks

Yeah, it does. I’ve really tried and only wind up watching like one game a week.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

iospace posted:

gently caress the Yankees

My man.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
A workplace maintains a dress code and the forum for 4,000 pound pony-tailed IT guys goes ape poo poo at the very thought.

Sorry but you don’t win 27 rings by being a slob. Dress and groom yourself professionally.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
I think I've been to more angel games than watched on TV. Mostly because they're really bad and not fun to watch and also because I work out or do more fun stuff instead.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

GalacticAcid posted:

A workplace maintains a dress code and the forum for 4,000 pound pony-tailed IT guys goes ape poo poo at the very thought.

Sorry but you don’t win 27 rings by being a slob. Dress and groom yourself professionally.

bash. the. fash.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
shouldn’t you be off at a bus riot or whatever it is people do in your Ethan Frome hamlet

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Braves are promoting Kyle Wright as they strive to be the team that promotes ALL OF THEIR PROSPECTS in a season

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

GalacticAcid posted:

The only reason I wear a suit and tie (or pants, for that matter) is that I’d get held in contempt of court if I didn’t.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

GalacticAcid posted:

You're not wrong, but also gently caress the Yankees.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Patrick Spens posted:

You're not wrong, but also gently caress the Yankees.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

GalacticAcid posted:

I honestly can't tell if you're trolling or you're legitimately this dumb.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think he's trying to embrace being a new Yankee fan.

Honestly, he's a little too eloquent and there's not enough cursing.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

GalacticAcid has been a Yankee fan for something like 3 days now. It was only a matter of time before this happened.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Ah, so it's B. Got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Infantile denunciation of suits and personal grooming launders the criminality of our slobcore technofascist caste

• Locked thread