Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Christian Walker, with 77 PA in his career, is now two for two with two dongs against Clayton Kershaw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

It was Dee Gordon vs. Jean Segura :kiddo:

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Less bat-licking, please

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I actually grew up as a Reds fan, in a place that had no pro sports teams at all. Most of my peers followed the Cards and Royals because they were the closest teams, but I picked the Reds because Big Red Machine, baby.

Flash forward several decades and I live in LA, and follow the Dodgers.

It has been a kind of split-brain experience seeing the Reds thrash the Dodgers over the last couple of days. The Dodgers are garbage and totally deserve it.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I was watching that game with the surround sound up real high, and when Walker got hit it sounded like somebody dropped a ripe cantaloupe three feet onto a concrete floor

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Quick question, I know this SA thread is the best place on the internet to ask:

Can anyone direct me to a team-stat list, showing rankings by AVG or OPS with RISP in high-leverage situations?

I’m trying to quantify how bad the Dodgers are with RISP this season.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Perfect, I should have known it would be fangraphs. Thank you.

RISP in high-leverage situations, the Dodgers are 28th out of 30 in both AVG and OPS.

Only Tampa Bay and Washington are worse. Washington is considerably worse.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Yep.

e: I remember it well because they destroyed Kershaw twice in the postseason that year :saddowns:

MrMojok fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Sep 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Man, Orioles. Chris Davis hit 53 homers in 2013 and 47 in 2015, and got signed to a huuuge contract. He got $23 million this year and is guaranteed $23 million for the next four seasons.

He hit .168 and slugged .296 this season. Hit 16 homers and struck out 192 times. He is 32 years old now.

Holy loving poo poo

• Locked thread