Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Cavauro posted:

any truth to the rumor that the long delay after rey mysterio's music started playing is because they told him about the match length right before he went on and he threatened to leave But then ray phoenix said "we're both named rey and that's ok" and it calmed down Reymysterio enough to go on with it. rovert

not vague enough to be a rovert scoop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Low Desert Punk posted:

jordynne should've won the title and everyone knows it

The fact that Chuck Taylor and Jordynne both could have gotten a shot at the ROH title and neither did is a crime imo.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just caught up with the main and enjoyed it as a quick fun spotfest. At the end of the day I think for all the criticisms about timings and tech issues and such you have to step back and acknowledge the sheer achievement of these guys managing to pull off a legitimate big show with all the extravagance that implies despite having zero experience. It's a really promising sign for the state of wrestling and hopefully they do it again even better in a year or two's time.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Here's the real most important thing about All In.

It's been years since we've waited for PPV numbers to come in.

It's time for buyrate chat to return.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

What a great show

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave says the main event was supposed to go 28 minutes instead of 12. Okada/Scurll went 12 minutes longer than planned, and Hangman/Janela went long too.

The latter was worth it imo

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If Cody/Aldis was intentionally that long and lovely then just lol

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave says the main event was supposed to go 28 minutes instead of 12. Okada/Scurll went 12 minutes longer than planned, and Hangman/Janela went long too.

I do think they did the 6 man as the main for the very reason someone suggested: that those 6 men could instantly shift into turbo if the undercard ran long, and still deliver a great match, much better than Omega/Pentagon, Cody/Aldis or Okada/Scurll.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CtC47w9C7g

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm glad I plunked down the $40 on FITE to get this. I was going to just wait for NJPW World, but I had the house last night and figured I'd go for it. The wrestling itself wasn't anything revolutionary that can't be seen anywhere else (you can easily see an Aldis/Cody match in WWE) but the whole idea of the event is hopefully a sign to indies and other smaller companies that they can do some cool things if they work together. Jesus, I wonder if Corgan will lead this into the NWA becoming a promoter for indies throughout the country to put on these kinds of supershows more often. The NWA has the most to gain out of all of this and Corgan is an idiot genius for doing nothing at all but latching himself onto the event.

Some of the matches went way too long, obviously – could have done without seeing Flip at all and his match with Lethal was too much. Watching this match and seeing Bully Ray involved answered my question of "should I sign up for Honor Club?"

I still don't get Marty Scurll and I never will. I don't think he's good and I don't get the appeal.

Page and Janela was a fun clusterfuck fight but probably could have been 5 minutes shorter. This was the first time the Rite of Passage has actually looked like it does damage since he usually has the guy's head like 8 inches off of the canvas.

Omega/Penta was great but those loving package piledrivers were too much. Each one of them looked like a murder.

Also, looking at the match times I'm blown away that Daniels/Amell was only 12 minutes. It felt twice that.

I was mostly surprised that the crowd wasn't annoying all night long. I think there was even only one "this is awesome" chant and that was during the women's match? Maybe? I just expected the worst-of-the-worst indie wrestling chants all night long detracting from the show and was happy to see that wasn't the case.

Overall, though, I'm glad I spent the $40 to support this and I got a fun wrestling show out of it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Caught up on the show and man it was a blast. The sudden "GOODBYE FOLKS!" at the end did feel a little rushed but the matches were good to great and it was so cool seeing how much fun EVERYBODY involved in the show was having.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Lid posted:

Page will never be a top guy, he just doesn't have it. Compare him side by side with Adam Cole. Some guys just have ceilings and thats ok.

He's better than Adam Cole lmao. Adam Cole is about the same level of in ring talent and is four and a half feet tall with wide sexy hips and Page is a giant hoss who moves like Adam Cole.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Oh also, is this the first time Jericho has showed up at a major US show? Wasn't his deal with Vince (or at least his own self-made commitment) that he wouldn't work shows in the US, just overseas? I thought that was part of the reason he didn't work the NJPW US shows, aside from also being on tour at the time. Does this signify some kind of turning point in his boomerang career in WWE?

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

MassRafTer posted:

Scores of people had this basic complaint about his last two years in ROH.

Tanahashi was right.

I've literally never "gotten" him until the undisputed era and even now, he's the obvious weakest part of the stable

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Phenix Rising posted:

Oh also, is this the first time Jericho has showed up at a major US show? Wasn't his deal with Vince (or at least his own self-made commitment) that he wouldn't work shows in the US, just overseas? I thought that was part of the reason he didn't work the NJPW US shows, aside from also being on tour at the time. Does this signify some kind of turning point in his boomerang career in WWE?

There was no deal with Vince you got worked brother. He’s hosting a Ring of Honor tournament on his cruise in the US

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Phenix Rising posted:

I don't think he ever made a deal, I just think it was a personal thing where he didn't want to gently caress over his relationship with Vince because that was the guy/company he wanted to work with. Obviously something has changed over recent times, though he still talks every so often about chatting with Vince so I'd assume his personal relationship at least with him is still solid.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Jericho seems to have a policy of loudly declaring things he is not going to before doing them. It works because he has a good sense of timing about it.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Low Desert Punk posted:

jordynne should've won the title and everyone knows it

Yeah I got so mad when she got eliminated and they teased loving Colt Cabana, the worst wrestler in the world, as the winner, lol

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Phenix Rising posted:

Yes
I don't think they had any kind of formal deal, just an assumed agreement
Probably not, he'll still work the odd WWE show, including the Saudi events, for an insane paycheck

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Didn't watch All-In live due to timezones and stuff, so here's my delayed thoughts on this show.

Opener was what it was, audio was pretty awful.
The Battle Royal was stupidly fun match. It had all the right spots at the right time, got all the reactions they wanted, and even if the finish was predictable, it was the most enjoyable battle royal I've seen in a looong time.
The opener was what it was, thankfully the audio issues seem to have been mostly WGN's fault
Daniels may be almost 50, but it is still drat awesome and he helped lead Amell through a pretty good match. Amell certainly proved that he does everything at 100%. Enjoyable match
Don't know what the hell happened with finish in the Women's match, but it was very good until then and Tessa looks like an absolute killer. Not sure why they had Mandy Leon on commentary, seemed like only Tennille was talking
DAAAAMN Brandi, yay DDP, YAY Pharoh. I can understand people thinking that Cody is sort of bland and an average wrestler, but he does everything right in the ring, and the crowd loving LOVED him winning the title.
Nick Aldis though needs to loving retire immediately, holy gently caress was he awful. Marko Stunt would have done a better selling job in this match than Aldis did. And his sorta-maybe-somewhat-cloversharpleafshooter? Yikes.
Adam Page is a murderer, but unlike with Joey Ryan I am fine with him killing Joey Janela. The post-match stuff, OMG
Enjoyed the stuff around the ROH title match, but the wrestling itself in this match was pretty boring until Lethal Macho'ed up again
Holy poo poo Kenny vs Penta was loving AWESOME
Ahahaha, Jericho, hell yeah
Even if Okada winning was expected, this match still did a lot to put Marty over as a legit (heavyweight) contender. Good stuff
Main event was good but way too short given who was involved. Probably should have thrown MJF vs M20 off the card and instead given this match 10 more minutes. Or been a bit faster on the Joey Ryan post-match and NWA mid-match stuff. At least they wrestled like they were all on speed.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Colt is the only wrestler I've seen who looks like he's begging for your approval and attention with every movement. He looks like he's going to cry or have an insane angry blowup if people don't clap and laugh and tell him he's good.

And it's a shame because he sucks and has bad timing and can't sell and can't do anything but jokes and power spots that depend on his opponents skill

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

remusclaw posted:

Jericho seems to have a policy of loudly declaring things he is not going to before doing them. It works because he has a good sense of timing about it.

This caught more people offguard because he also had a Fozzy date literally day of the show

Which he made btw https://www.instagram.com/p/BnNTn_WFL30/

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

When I said "deal" I didn't mean like a signed deal, just a spoken or implied agreement. It seemed like a thing he always committed himself to as a way to stay loyal to Vince/WWE but showing up at All In seems like that won't be a thing anymore.

Tomahawk posted:

There was no deal with Vince you got worked brother. He’s hosting a Ring of Honor tournament on his cruise in the US

They start in the US but the tournament will be in international waters! NO RULES BABY

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Your Parents posted:

Colt is the only wrestler I've seen who looks like he's begging for your approval and attention with every movement. He looks like he's going to cry or have an insane angry blowup if people don't clap and laugh and tell him he's good.

And it's a shame because he sucks and has bad timing and can't sell and can't do anything but jokes and power spots that depend on his opponents skill

Everything he does looks so rehearsed that it always takes me out of the match. Never understood this board's love of him.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Okada/Scurll went 12 minutes longer than planned,

What the gently caress, guys!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Colt Cabana disrespecters are cops.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Colt Cabana is a cop. I've followed the man's career for years.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Chris James 2 posted:

Ugh, that Scrull match was such a turd. I would have loved to have seen 12 more minutes of the main event than that match :(

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

What is everyone seeing in Cody/Aldis that I'm not because outside of the opener, if there was a match on that card that needed shaving for time it was that

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

John Dudebro posted:

Being in the building for Cody/aldis was loving unreal, i think that was the loudest the crowd was all night. Also fuckin glacier was in Cody's entourage so I choose to believe the superkick he did was actually a Cryonic Kick

Yeah. The crowd just came unhinged for Cody, one of the biggest pops I've ever heard.

Rarity posted:

Just caught up with the main and enjoyed it as a quick fun spotfest. At the end of the day I think for all the criticisms about timings and tech issues and such you have to step back and acknowledge the sheer achievement of these guys managing to pull off a legitimate big show with all the extravagance that implies despite having zero experience. It's a really promising sign for the state of wrestling and hopefully they do it again even better in a year or two's time.

Yes, as much as I have been critical of the show, it was a huge achievement for everyone involved and a first big show from this group. I walked into the arena, and the place looked loving BETTER than a WWE PPV presentation wise, IMO.

I just hope that they are able to look at things objectively in the end. I am really curious what people like Dave and Bryan say about the show when they break down every single match. Having actually made money off the weekend with his Starrcast stuff, are we going to get a glowing review of the entire show? Bryan already said that it was the most memorable show he has ever been to, whatever that means. Like, I can't imagine Dave and Bryan breaking the show down match by match and being as picky as they do for WWE matches. Like, will it even come up that Cody was laying outside the ring for a whole 5 minutes while Aldis just stood there?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

History Comes Inside! posted:

What is everyone seeing in Cody/Aldis that I'm not because outside of the opener, if there was a match on that card that needed shaving for time it was that

Cody's the one who came up with the drat thing, so if he wants to gently caress around for 20 minutes, fine, whatever, not like he hasn't earned it. I just wish he'd gotten Corgan to put the belt on somebody better than Nick Aldis.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Re: the crowd. I am astounded by how good they were - hype and loud, but not annoying. Not a single dumbfuck anti-WWE chant or anything.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Performative anti WWE crowds seem to be a staple of companies trying to be like WWE. For instance, the WWE.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I haven't watched any of the matches, but I've liked what Lagana and Corgan have done with the NWA belt so far in terms of making it seem important and something others wrestlers could want to win. Aldis from all accounts I've read is average in the ring but he looked the part I guess and that's half the battle. Now Cody has the belt and that seems good as well for obvious reasons.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

VJeff posted:

What the gently caress, guys!

Heroes.

Honestly, after Penta-Omega and Scurll-Okada, I was burned out, and twenty minutes of spots crammed into ten minutes was exactly what I wanted and needed.

Everything was fine to great, I wish it had been PAC under the Flip Gordon mask, Okada made it rain money from the sky, million billion stars.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Deathlove posted:

Heroes.

Honestly, after Penta-Omega and Scurll-Okada, I was burned out, and twenty minutes of spots crammed into ten minutes was exactly what I wanted and needed.

Everything was fine to great, I wish it had been PAC under the Flip Gordon mask, Okada made it rain money from the sky, million billion stars.

Yeah, being there live the 10 minute spot-fest felt perfect and fitting.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Colt is a tryhard but I'd rather watch a tryhard than a coaster who doesn't give a poo poo any day

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, being there live the 10 minute spot-fest felt perfect and fitting.

It's like a coffee after a large meal. It's not filling, doesn't last long, but knocks you out of the semi-slumber after eating in an enjoyable way.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Is there any reason why they call the NWA title the "Worlds Heavyweight Championship"?

Just curious... the extra S seems like a typo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Your Parents posted:

Colt is the only wrestler I've seen who looks like he's begging for your approval and attention with every movement.

I envy anyone who's never watched Buff Bagwell

• Locked thread